Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 8:18 PM
Default Mac package file viewer
Hi guys,

I've never posted in this forum so I'm not sure if this is int he right section so please forgive.

I have been trying to delete unwanted and excessive package downloads from my game. I'm looking for a more efficient way of filtering these files other than individually adding a file to the game, launch, view, restart, repeat.

Does anyone know if there is a file viewer available for a mac? I was trying to use merlin file manager but it downloads as a zip file so it's not compatible with OS. S3PE also seems to be a mystery.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Geek
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:43 PM
This is posted on the wrong forum. This entire forum mostly consists of people from PC users. However, there is a section dedicated for OS X support. http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=552

I do have a Mac at home but I am not playing TS3 on it. I can tell you S3PE is made to run on PC, along with most, if not all the 3rd party tools found on MTS. To organize your .package better you can:

- Categorize your CC into multiple subfolders (as long as your resource.cfg point to them). I personally would even keep screenshot and note file to record URL and any other notes needed per CC.

- Try to use Bootcamp to run Windows XP, I believe that should enable you to run all 3rd party tools (S3PE, Sim3 Dashboard, etc...) because Bootcamp mimics a PC environment.

Hope this helps.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Instructor
#3 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 6:23 PM
For the love of all that is good in this universe, don't use Bootcamp JUST to organize your files. (There are more Mac users here on the forums than our deluded PC friends think) :P

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
For the love of all that is good in this universe, don't use Bootcamp JUST to organize your files. (There are more Mac users here on the forums than our deluded PC friends think) :P

Oh, I know. But Bootcamp is great to run PC only software like S3PE and Sims 3 Dashboard, and other things that the gaming community didn't create for Mac.

Don't shoot me, I came with a friendly approach helping what I can, but I did mention it is better to write something in the OS X support forum. Players there probably have better advice through experience and a lot of trial and errors. I just play on PC.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 9:04 PM
As I mentioned, I've never posted to this forum before and had no idea there was an OSX support forum for it.

I'm really not interested in synthesizing a windows platform just to run a program. My computing skills are no where near that advanced. (Not to mention windows on a mac seems like blaspheme)

Geek
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 9:10 PM
Doesn't S3PE run on Mono? I swear I read somewhere it does.

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Oh and you can open Zips on Mac by using Stuffit Expander: http://www.stuffit.com/mac-stuffit.html

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Don't ask me, I just code
#7 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 8:48 AM
Er, yes - the idea with S3PE is that it runs under mono (albeit not optimised for it), so it should just about be usable on Linux and MacOSX. I test now and then on Linux.