Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 8:55 AM
Default what gender/sexuality couples do you play?
Just wondering how most people play with there sims based on gender and sexuality

do you play mostly hetrosexual couples or gay couples? men or women
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 10:27 AM
I play mostly heterosexual couples, but only because I really enjoy having babies to watch the genetics.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 10:47 AM
Can't you tell by my id picture? :P
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 11:27 AM
Mostly hetros but I mix it up every once in a while.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 11:38 AM
The choice of hair/clothes for male is pathetic, so I tend to enjoy creating female and end up with so many drop-dead-gorgeous ladies around the town. It's not easy for my sim girls to resist such wonders. I also set the ratio of gay/straight to 50/50, fair for all.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 11:59 AM
Depends on the Sim. I play according to who the Sim starts getting feelings about, some end up being straight, some gay, some bi. From my starting 6 households, 1 was gay.
Generation 1 spouses: 1 was gay (married to generation 1 only gay man), 1 was bi. 1 I thought was straight, until he moved in and turned up gay
Generation 2: 1 is bi, 4 are straight, and 2 are kids so I don't know yet.

But in the end, I usually have more straight people.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 12:01 PM
Most heterosexual couples because I want to see what their children look like when they grow up.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 12:34 PM
It depends. I leave that up to the Sims.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 1:25 PM
I mostly play gay sims. But I started a legacy, really just trying to change things up for a while. Then, as ironic as it may seem, two of the kids ended up being autonomously gay and one ended up in a strange gay relationship, despite being all but engaged to a woman.. (I talked about it one other thread..) Sooo I guess I can say I still play gay sims. :P
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
The choice of hair/clothes for male is pathetic, so I tend to enjoy creating female and end up with so many drop-dead-gorgeous ladies around the town. It's not easy for my sim girls to resist such wonders. I also set the ratio of gay/straight to 50/50, fair for all.

You said a mouth full. This usually happens to me as well. You could check out these websites for better choices for male clothing. Hopefully, you'll find something to your liking.

Darko Sims 3
Rusty Nail
All About Style

I usually play heterosexual couples. Most of the Sims I create are very attractive and interesting to look at, I think. So, I'm eager to see which genetic traits the game will pair and determine how their offspring will look.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 2:08 PM
Usually Hetero Sims, but I will usually add gay Sims to add some variety to my Sims.
Theorist
#12 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 2:23 PM
Always straight / hetero.
It never even occurs to me to make non-straight sims.
I did make my friends self-sim in TS2 do something gay for a joke, but it started spreading to other sims, and spiralled out of control. It was a massive task to get everything back the way it was.
I won't be doing that again.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 2:48 PM
I have always played heterosexual couples. I never even had a gay couple. Don't get me wrong, whatever people do in real life is their business but It's just not my thing.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 3:11 PM
I have to admit, before I started legacy playing I always had straight Sims. Sometimes though, when telling a story, a Sim will just "scream" gay. I had one female Sim, actually from my current legacy who started rolling wishes to kiss females, even though I had never pushed her one way or the other, which I thought was highly unusual.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Scholar
#15 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 3:36 PM
I don't care to play as men that much. Although I sometimes have straight couples, it really depends.

Thank goodness for mods and allowing babies between homosexual couples!

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 3:39 PM
My current legacy is a male gay couple and I'll see wait the heir's preference is when she reaches teen.

Thank God for the Woohooer.

In my town I have the ratio of gay to straight sims at 45/55.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#17 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 3:52 PM
I play whatever amuses me. By default, my sims are straight, but the sim is based on some source material that specifies or strongly implies otherwise, or it would just really amuse me for it to be so, it will be so. Like the sim in Sunset Valley is strongly implied to be gay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 4:02 PM
I usually play with women. Just because they're easier to customize I guess. But I've started playing with more men.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 4:28 PM
I have a couple of reeeely fit vampire dudes that live together and get through many women (and men) but they keep turning on each other.. They're BFFs.. I thought that'd prevent them from getting it together, but they are both totally hot, so I don't blame them.

I do mostly play straight couples cause I'm thinking about procreation.. I suppose I could adopt in a homo couple, but you never get to choose the cute ones. I could pretend that the time period of the town is in the near future and that it is possible to create a child from the genetic material in the gametes of each parent. But you'd always end up with girls from a homo female couple :/ - I love playing boys and men. My favourite sim is a male, he's the very pale guy behind the witch in my avatar...

Go suck an elf...
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 4:40 PM
The choice of hair/clothes for male is pathetic, so I tend to enjoy creating female and end up with so many drop-dead-gorgeous ladies around the town. It's not easy for my sim girls to resist such wonders...

Ain't it the truth!
I also set the ratio of gay/straight to 50/50, fair for all.

One thing about that -- I think a *couple* can be characterized as gay or straight, but an *individual* might very well be bi, whether or not they're in a relationship.

My main character leans toward women. Nothing against boys, it's just... seen one hetboy in Sunset Valley, seen 'em all, sort of thing.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 5:21 PM
I like to play with realistic worlds so I set the ratio at a realistic number, which is relatively low. I currently have no gay Sims in my hood but if story progression gives me some or a Sim kid born into a family is gay, then I will definitely leave them that way. I had a great family in Sims 2 and they hired a surrogate mother to have a baby for them using the Insimenator. I really adored that family.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 6:24 PM
My towns are filled with guys; they don't need no womens.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 6:35 PM
i must admit nearly all my couples are women..men in the sims just piss me off...i do have some straight couples

it would be interesting to do a poll to see how many people play their own sex predominatly or whether they paly the opposite sex
Scholar
#24 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 7:07 PM
I usually play hetro couples, but I always have a few gay/lesbian couples in the town
Retired
retired moderator
#25 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 7:13 PM
I resist the urge to make every Sim in my game gay, and play mostly hetero. I find it really hard to decide whether I want to make a Sim gay because the game forces that route to be a dead end. Mainly because adopted Sims are so often fugly puddings.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Page 1 of 3