Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 2:32 PM
Default Monthly theme of January - Elders!
Hello and Happy New year!

Thank you for participating on the Themes-poll. We have our six new themes!

Men, Elders, Rock & Roll, Great Depression, Vacation, and Careers & Office. The first one for January is...

Elders!
Time to take care of those who once took care of us. The elders need your help!

How to take part?
Make an Elders-themed upload. It can be anything - a lot, a sim, clothes, furniture, whatever comes to your mind, as long as it has something to do with the theme.

The upload process goes the way it normally does. You include required pictures, files, information... The only new requirement is that you include some of the following tags to your upload search keywords:
  • "theme-Elders"
  • "Elders"
  • "theme"

How long is the theme active?
The Elders-theme starts today, January 1st 2012 - and ends February 29th 2012.

Have fun with the new theme!

We also had some really nice uploads on the last themes. Here are few examples, check them out!

ImageCreatorDownload link
monca533The Moroccan Set - Theme-Multicultural
Victor_torAll about GREEK
triciamanlyMi Casa es Su Casa
6 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 2:33 PM
Elders made it (YAAAAYYY). Now I have to think of something to make.....

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 4:07 PM
Cool! Elders! And some of the themes I really wanted got on too! :D

Now, I need to start making something Elder-styled....probably a lot or a sim....or both.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 8:48 PM
Well this isn't so bad. Elders do need clothes. Its better than the car and mechanics idea XD

3 cheer's for old people! hip hip hooray! LOL

Hmm elders..... Maybe i can find a 500 year old woman that's still living, lets consider her an elder and re-name this historical month
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 10:05 PM
YEEEEEES! I even have an entry for this! I might actually participate in a theme for once. :D

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 10:20 PM
I like elders anyway =D
I like the past =D

Mostly the 70s, 80s and the 90s =)

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 10:56 PM
I have something in the pipeline already - yay, my first theme entry!
Not actually evil.
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:08 AM
One entry per theme, or multiple entries allowed?

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:18 AM
You can enter as many times as you like.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Not actually evil.
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:23 AM
Thanks, leefish, I explode with joy! If only I had tons of time to make lots of entries. I think I'll get two in.

Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 8:16 AM
Yay, now let's think of something to make XD
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 11:29 PM
Honestly I think we need more baby stuff. Like a pacifier. Clothes were successful for the baby stage, and pacifier were done for toddlers, so why not babies?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 4:45 AM
Babies were not suggested on the suggestion thread, so they could not be a part of the vote and thus could not become a possible theme. Plus we just had a childhood theme.
Alchemist
#14 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 4:55 AM
So you can make something Elder Scrolls related? Fus ro dah?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 9:14 PM
Yeees! Elders!
I need to create something for this theme!

i stret nomo
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 12:30 AM
Yay!

Elders won! :D

Dedicated to Tuning and Tweaking the Sims 3
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 8:03 PM
This theme is so awesome it is not true. I hope I can contribute with something, a sim, possibly a lot, too.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#18 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 7:07 PM
I would be nice to see some nice clothing that looks good and doesn't have all the elders all hunched over. :0)
Not actually evil.
#19 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
I would be nice to see some nice clothing that looks good and doesn't have all the elders all hunched over. :0)

To get rid of the hunching, I think we'd need to default replace much of the elder animations. We can definitely update those Maxis meshes and textures! Why don't you make some stuff, porkypine? You make nice things.

Instructor
#20 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:02 AM
We need more hairstyles for elders that are not grey/silver ... the young elders are not ready for the rocking chair just yet.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 2:26 PM
What we really need is to be able to have 'fit elders'... so they have to keep in shape at the gym, to avoid getting grey hair and a hunched back... and if they don't... well, say hello to the rocking chair, grandma...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:02 PM
I hope someone does some Medieval clothes for the elders.
I have a roadless, medeival world that I'm working on - people run or ride horses everywhere - and the clothing for Elders and toddlers is just sad. No choices.
Of course, it's about as bad with any age but for Elders and toddlers, it's just dismal. I have almost the same thing on all of the Sims, recolored so it's not all exactly the same... but like Elder males... they need proper shirts, undergarments, etc. and making due with what I've been able to find is sad.
I wish I knew how to make them or enable what I do have for other ages and categories, I could live with that....
Not actually evil.
#23 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zhyzathn
I wish I knew how to make them or enable what I do have for other ages and categories, I could live with that....

Helpful MTS tutorials are helpful! Try making stuff, it's fun.

Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:36 PM
I'm excited! My elders need stuff... badly xD
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 11:58 AM
Even with tutorials...the mess I made trying to work in CAW....
*shakes head*

I don't have that kind of mind, I'm afraid...
Spatial thinking...dimensional thinking....math...I'm just not programmed for it.
At my age, one comes to accept some hard truths about one's self - and that's just one of my truths. lol
Page 1 of 2