Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#226 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prime
i downloaded the plug ins and put them in the milkshape download directory but the "Q-Mesh Sims 3 GEOM Importer" option isnt listed on the import menu at all... can someone please help me please?
and i already do have "Visual Studio 2008 Runtime" installed too

Sadly I can only think about 2 things.

- Are you using Milkshape 1.8.5 beta? Not Milkshape 1.8.4
- restart milkshape 3D and check if in the file>import you see Q-mesh sims 3 GEOM importer
- Restart your computer (if you haven't done that yet after installing the required programs). Sometimes that works.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 4:36 AM
When I click on the link to the Visual Studio 2008 Runtime, it takes me to the Microsoft Download Manager page. Is this because I already have it on my computer? (Not sure if this matters at all - I have a Windows 10 laptop.)
Virtual gardener
#228 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 10:43 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 29th Dec 2016 at 12:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LuckyDuckyy
When I click on the link to the Visual Studio 2008 Runtime, it takes me to the Microsoft Download Manager page. Is this because I already have it on my computer? (Not sure if this matters at all - I have a Windows 10 laptop.)

Oh no, I guess the link just has to be fixed because this post was made in 2009 and Microsoft changed their site around the time they released windows 8 or 10.
This link should do it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dow...s.aspx?id=15336 (64x version)
or : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dow...ails.aspx?id=29 (84x version)
Test Subject
#229 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prime
i downloaded the plug ins and put them in the milkshape download directory but the "Q-Mesh Sims 3 GEOM Importer" option isnt listed on the import menu at all... can someone please help me please?
and i already do have "Visual Studio 2008 Runtime" installed too

Hey Prime, did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem on a new computer and having trouble troubleshooting it.
Test Subject
#230 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 8:44 PM Last edited by JennaSims<3 : 21st Dec 2016 at 9:50 PM.
Has anyone found a solution yet? :/ I'm experiencing the same problem, and also have Visual Studio 2008 installed. Can it have anything to do with Windows 10? I had no problem with this on my old PC, which used Windows 8.1, but the options to import/export doesn't show up on neither my dad's computer nor mine, which are both Windows 10. Anyway, I'd really, really, reeeaaally appreciate it if anyone, knowing more about this, gave their input! Thanks!

EDIT: I've just tried it on a comuter using Windows 7, and it didn't seem make any difference. Though I would still like to hear from others with the same problem!
Virtual gardener
#231 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JennaSims<3
Has anyone found a solution yet? :/ I'm experiencing the same problem, and also have Visual Studio 2008 installed. Can it have anything to do with Windows 10? I had no problem with this on my old PC, which used Windows 8.1, but the options to import/export doesn't show up on neither my dad's computer nor mine, which are both Windows 10. Anyway, I'd really, really, reeeaaally appreciate it if anyone, knowing more about this, gave their input! Thanks!

EDIT: I've just tried it on a comuter using Windows 7, and it didn't seem make any difference. Though I would still like to hear from others with the same problem!

Looks like I accidentally linked the wrong links. So these are the links you need (I updated the links in my previous message as well):

(x64) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dow...s.aspx?id=15336
(x86) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dow...ails.aspx?id=29

Make sure that the plugins are in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\MilkShape 3D 1.8.5
(Or on a different location, but it should be in 'Milkshape 3D 1.8.5)
Test Subject
#232 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 1:23 PM
The lnk for the plugin itself seems broke to me, or is off, or deleted =/
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#233 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:31 PM
It's working for me - do you get an error message?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#234 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:13 PM
Does it work okay with Win 10 ? I want to attempt to create stuff ..

Sim Clouds may rise from the ashes .. I'd love to re-create what I made in recolor wise, in sims 2 and convert to Sims 3

Walks softly upon the Earth, Feel her heart beat from within, Listen to the Wind for it speaks.. Listen to the silence for it talks.. Listen to your heart and you will Know...
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 9:28 PM
I got a question how do I get the body models to stick
Page 10 of 10