Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 10:35 AM
Default WCIF a small world similar to Isla Paradiso?
I really love the world Isla Paradiso but my computer just doesn't run it well at all so I'm looking for something similar, with the exotic atmosphere, the ocean, the beach etc but smaller, both in map and filesize. Finding one under 30 MBs would be terrific but I'll take what I can get!

Besides the atmosphere I'd like it to be either built with a recent patch or that it would up to date so that it would work with everything that came with Paradise Island EP including surfing, snorkeling etc.

The EPs I have installed are Late Night, Generations, Seasons & Island Paradise so the world does not have to be base-game compatible but it should be fit to work with these 3.

I hope I'm not being too picky here, I'd just really like to use all the Island Paradise -stuff without suffering from the enormous lag.

Thanks very much for reading
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:56 PM
The enormous lag of Isla Paradiso were mostly caused by improper routing.

Have you tried replacing Isla Paradiso .world file with @ellacharmed 's fixed Isla Paradiso .world file?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 2:49 PM
Thank you for your reply, I'll try that If you don't mind me asking, are the "neighborhoods" introduced in World Adventures also suffering from improper routing? I've been having the same problems there, everything freezes except for the trees and can take several minutes to resume.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littlejestersims
Thank you for your reply, I'll try that If you don't mind me asking, are the "neighborhoods" introduced in World Adventures also suffering from improper routing? I've been having the same problems there, everything freezes except for the trees and can take several minutes to resume.

Sadly, yes.

@ellacharmed has released a whole set of "Fixed Worlds" to replace nearly all EA worlds, including WA worlds. Not all EA worlds, unfortunately, just the ones that she owns.

Note: The ones starting with "Resources" are for simmers that want to modify/customize .world files. If you just want to play a fixed world, download the ones with "Fixes applied" in their title. Follow carefully the instructions given (basically: find location of original .world file, backup the .world file, copy the fixed .world file into the same directory).

Happy simming!

PS: Forgot to say this: The fixed world files will NOT affect your saved games! You must start a NEW game for the fixes to be effective. Use NRaas Porter mod to successfully migrate your household into the new game, if you don't want to lose your household's progress.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 11:21 AM
Thank you so much for all the info you've provided, I really appreciate it

Merry Christmas ^^