Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 12:34 AM Last edited by barbarat : 30th Oct 2016 at 5:48 PM. Reason: Added Steps I Took
Default Problem With NVIDIA Inspector Settings - (SOLVED)
PROBLEM:
I am unable to save settings in the NVIDIA Inspector. I have followed nitromons settings as detailed in Post #12 In This Thread. It worked prior to this but I've since updated the drivers and software (identified below). When applying settings the Inspector reverts back to the Profile: "GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE (Base Profile)". I am unable to use Vsync and the Frame Rate Limiter goes back to "off" status when close the profile window.

MY SYSTEM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 3.07 GHz -3068 Mhz - 4 Cores 8 Logical
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC GAMING w/ACX 2.0 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5
RAM: 24G
Dual Monitors using NVIDIA's Multi Display Power Saver

Resolution 1920x1200 Refresh Rate 60Hz

NOTE: The Device.Config.log indicates the Game is recognizing the card and in game graphics are working okay.
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Name (database): GeForce GT 650M [Found: 1, Matched: 1]

NOTE:
The latest driver is installed - Version: 375.70
I have the updated version of Inspector - Version 1.9.7.7
Also have the Latest Version of GeForce Experience - v3.0.7.34
I've left the 3D settings in the Control Panel at factory level.

NOTE:
The FPS options on the updated Inspector version are: 59.7 .. 60.7, etc. Many of the Profile Options have changed from the last time I did this.

I spent most of this afternoon and now early evening trying to resolve this by reading FAQ's and the GeForce forum but don't seem to be able to get the same answer twice. It's getting kind of frustrating.

I'm hoping someone in here might be able to help me with this or perhaps there is something else out there to monitor FPS.

I'm on a PC using Win 7 Professional
I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I also used CCleaner to clean the registry and rebooted my PC.

I don't mean to allude to this being an absolute solution but it might be something to consider for those experiencing the same problem.
I had nothing to lose at this point so decided to uninstall everything and opt for a custom install:
Uninstalled GeForce Experience and the updated driver and cleaned everything related out of the registry. Shut down and restarted my system. When reinstalling the drivers I did a custom install. From there I could untick the clean install box and continue installing the drivers.

I have no idea why this worked except it appears to me the GeForce application does not work and play well with the Inspector (at least for the versions I have).