Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1251 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 6:35 AM
QueenJimmyIV: I would love to have knitting in the game. I was so disappointed when FT didn't have knitting, specially because there were rumours that it would have. And the Christmas sweaters would be so great! And, now that Sims carry so much stuff around their inventories, it would be so funny to have a bunch of elders knitting autonomously.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1252 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
QueenJimmyIV: I would love to have knitting in the game. I was so disappointed when FT didn't have knitting, specially because there were rumours that it would have. And the Christmas sweaters would be so great! And, now that Sims carry so much stuff around their inventories, it would be so funny to have a bunch of elders knitting autonomously.

Yes, and then we would have both grandma and grandpa knitting while standing in the park, oblivious to everything else, just like the reading activity.
Mad Poster
#1253 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Yes, and then we would have both grandma and grandpa knitting while standing in the park, oblivious to everything else, just like the reading activity.

I think the first "No autonomous knitting" mod will appear the day somebody finds their disco-club full of knitting elders.
Mad Poster
#1254 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I think the first "No autonomous knitting" mod will appear the day somebody finds their disco-club full of knitting elders.

I'm not saying there shoudn't be any autonomous knitting or reading, but the least they could do is implememt a rule that does not let them do that while standing. If there are no seating options, there should be no knitting or reading. Also no reading or knitting at the restaurant.
Test Subject
#1255 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 6:07 PM
Default Anyone else still fuming for a Seasons EP?
In Sims 2, I was pretty stoked when Seasons came out. It was my favourite EP, followed closely by University and then Open for Business. Sims 3 is going into it's 5th EP now, with no Seasons.

Does anyone else find this disappointing? I'm one of those people who like to keep a bit of realism in my games, and it being summer all the time (or summer with snow terrain paint wth) is really getting my panties in a bunch.

What about the rest of you simmers out there? If you could have any EP from Sims 2 for Sims 3, what would it be?

The two most common elements in the world are hydrogen and stupidity. I happen to possess both.
(Underneath spoiler is pretty, helpful links)

Scholar
#1256 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 7:03 PM
I liked Seasons and Apartment Life. I agree with you, too. I want seasons on 3, too....Hurry up EA!!
Mad Poster
#1257 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 7:37 PM
I never owned Seasons for my Sims 2 game, so I don't know what I am missing...and thus, cannot be filled with the rage. I am, more or less, just along for the ride. lol
Test Subject
#1258 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 7:39 PM
MadameButterfly, it's like feeling the entire sim world changing around you. Your sim may be studying and outside it starts to snow. It's also very pretty.

The two most common elements in the world are hydrogen and stupidity. I happen to possess both.
(Underneath spoiler is pretty, helpful links)

Lab Assistant
#1259 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 9:05 PM
I would love to be able to make the neighborhoods interconnected. I want to be able to move my Sim to a different neighborhood places- for example, she might love the city life as a Young Adult, but want to move to a suburb once she is married with children- and still be able to telephone and keep up with her friends from where she lived before.

I want Sims to have some kind of sexual preference, because I think it'd be really funny to have a gay guy hit on my straight male Sim and see how he reacts to that.

I want weddings where people sit down instead of crowding around the happy couple like it's some kind of crime scene.

Obviously I want Seasons, because I really feel that it enriches the game process.

A better dating process is a must, I hate the fact that you have to begin the date right when it stars: why can't you schedule one like it's a party, and then meet up where you wanted to go? I also think the deadline isn't enough time to get much done.

I'd like to see Children be able to do more- I am one of the "sickos" who thinks it would be cool if they could hold hands and have cute little "playing house" style relationships. Along with this, I'd like to see some of the basic, simple, yet life-enriching actions: bathe Toddlers, slow dancing,

I'm also disappointed with the LN clubs, as I was in Sims 2. I understand it might cause lag, but is it crazy to want a club packed with Young Adults all dancing? I'm also tired of seeing old people doing things they wouldn't normally do.

Of course, more hairstyles/clothes/makeup styles are always appreciated.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Test Subject
#1260 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 10:43 PM
I hope for a reincarnation of Makin' Magic. I enjoyed it with TS1 but if EA brought it back for TS3, it would be even more amazing! More spells, more options for potion making, better magical towns, better dueling and possibly more dragons for pets

Applejack <3
Test Subject
#1261 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 1:07 PM
I think they should make a EP based on Crime Life. Form a mafia, expand the master thief jobs, use counterfeit money, heck, murder people! LOL serial killer profession.
Lab Assistant
#1262 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 2:31 PM
I have to go with Seasons, University and Open for Business as I loved those games. Free Time was good in the sense that you were able to rebuild cars, which I thought was pretty cool. I'd like to see some progression on the pregnancy side of things, you know hospital appointments. I know there is the option to seek medical advice, but it would be awesome to have things like that and being able to work through pregnancy. I know there is a Mod for this, but if it was in the game originally and being able to actually see inside the buildings like when Sims are at work or shopping for groceries. I think it was Open for Business that they originally started doing this? Or am I wrong was it before that? There's just certain things in the game that I think should be more progressed like teen pregnancy etc (again I know there is a Mod for this, but having to keep reinstalling and updating the Mod for each patch is annoying)
Instructor
#1263 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
I want Sims to have some kind of sexual preference, because I think it'd be really funny to have a gay guy hit on my straight male Sim and see how he reacts to that.

Mine do have a sexual preference. In fact, one of the friendly interactions all of my sims have is "ask gender preference".

Expansion-wise, I'm terribly unenthusiastic about SHT. Singers, yes please, otherwise no thank you. I miss Free Time the most and would like more hobbies for my sims.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Inventor
#1264 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aventerra
I think they should make a EP based on Crime Life. Form a mafia, expand the master thief jobs, use counterfeit money, heck, murder people! LOL serial killer profession.

I agree on the thief jobs, maybe breaking into a rabbithole or swiping artwork from the art gallery, counterfeit money, etc... but I disagree on the murder. Firstly, there are other games out there that do that and secondly because some townie would go around killing everyone. Considering most worlds can only manage roughly 100 sims before exploding, you could end up with some random autonomous actions from a townie killing half your town.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Test Subject
#1265 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 12:45 PM
I would like a path way that you can curve just like you can in create a world tool with the curved roads the spray paint is awkward and time consuming.
Forum Resident
#1266 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
That, or they are leaving it as the final EP on which to end TS3. This way, they can squeeze as much money as possible out of the game and their customers just before abandoning it all in favour of TS4. Of course there is also the added bonus that they can release something that bogs down even top of the line systems whenever the worlds experience snow or rain, and leave it as is since their hands will be effectively washed clean of it.
Leave it for the end and then not have to support it beyond a crappy patch if it doesn't really work? Lol, that sounds about right for EA.

Personally, my pet theory is that because of the massive difference in coding it would require that they're just not going to do it at all with Sims 3, but instead plan to work it into Sims4 coding from the start (whether they GIVE it to us from the start is another story...).

Seriously, many huge map games have weather systems these days (Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim come to mind, lovely systems they have). But the graphics engines are completely different than what we have for Sims3. I'm just not going to hold my breath this time around.

I've got this invisible list of things from all the Sims games that I want for an 'ultimate Sims'. As much as WA was fun and interesting, it wasn't.... enough? I was shocked when I saw that we couldn't make new destination spots like in previous VA versions. Twallan's Traveller sort of fixes that for us, but... I'd rather it had been that way from the start.
I miss OFB style businesses. If I want an apartment over a store, I either have to pick one or the other to be the official lot type and then fake the other half for effect. NO! I want a 'home' business where I can have the apartment over the storefront. Even better would be to allow placing NPC apartment doors on a commercial lot. Then my small town downtown would be really buzzing! Let's see, I also miss the University aspect of things - that really added a layer of depth to my games.
I could go on, but... it should probably be properly written out first, lol.

I do second the motion for a WA-2 pack, if they wanted to keep it the same as their first pack and only give us three more special locations with themed interactions - I'd still buy it. But I want a Tropical destination. Adding a Swimmable Beach object to put in the water by the shorline would be fantastic.

As for completely new ideas for packs? Before even an EP I want an Architectural Stuff Pack (or a series of packs, themed). SO MANY things we could do then.
Mad Poster
#1267 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 11:45 PM
I'm happy I'm not the only person who noticed architecture was lacking! It's not like it'd be hard for EA to do. EA LOVES decorative objects, and modular objects are, actually, quite fun to create - at least to me.
The current problem with the EPs is the lack of construction to the lots. They all feel the same when buildings, and to get results, you have to go out of your way to get a unique look. I'm wondering when we'll get mansard roofing from Mansion and Garden stuff. I'd take a direct port, actually, and be completely pleased.

We USED to receive a new build "something or another" tool with Each EP, but they, basically, stopped. In order, we've received Basements, Pagodas, Stuff used for more than just tombs, Multistory Columns, Friezes (quite a pain to use, actually, since you need a cheat to use them. I'd rather they be in the roof category), Fountains, Platforms , Half Walls (Not as good as split level stages though. EA could just change some numbers, and give them to us, but they wont), Elevators, Apartment tools (no mailbox -_-), Changes to pools. Recently, EA has dropped the ball with build tools - we've only gotten Spiral Staircases and Multistory Doors these pas 2 EPs, and I don't think Showtime will offer any build tools.

Something as simple as a cornices would be lovely.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#1268 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 12:52 PM
I would like to see tha addition of weather, college, and hobbies/interests. I highly doubt that they will make college expansion, because the education system introduced in Generations covers a lot of things that were in the Sims2 EP, even though it's just about 10%, still, I don't think that they will make a college EP. Weather is quite obvious, because there were easter eggs since the base game - sims talking about rain, clouds and sun. As for hobbies it would be logical, because both sims1 and sims2 had hobbies/interests, so an EP like Free Time would be appreciated.
Instructor
#1269 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 5:37 PM
I just dug up all of my old TS2 EPs (I forgot there were so many!!) and got a bit of nostalgia for a few of them. I really miss Freetime and OFB the most! I guess Ambitions was supposed to be the FT remake, but it was seriously lacking... I miss pottery and SEWING. Why can't our fashion designers actually make their own clothes? And I used the crap out of pretty much every feature in OFB - I loved being able to have the most random shops that sold anything and everything, but most importantly having a sim/family run a small business from home as their main source of income. I'm actually surprised this hasn't been modded into a possibility yet - I know there are workarounds with the consignment shop, but its totally not the same Plus, I liked having the products actually on the shelves, instead of in pop-up window :/

edit: oh yeah - and REAL RESTAURANTS. I'm so frustrated with the rabbit hole restaurants/cafes... really EA? I know it couldn't have been THAT much work to add a couple of interactions and animations - most of them are already in the game, so it would really only be the waiter/ess taking orders and sims looking at menus that would have to be added.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Mad Poster
#1270 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 7:46 PM
Ambition was an official OFB remake, not FT.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#1271 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Ambition was an official OFB remake, not FT.

Well, that's even worse. lol

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Test Subject
#1272 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 12:54 AM
Yeah, what's up with not being able to build restaurants?! (REAL restaurants, with an actual cooking crew that cooks it for you..)

I love building community lots, and restaurants is one of my favorite things to build. So many different styles, and so many types of food to choose from! My creativity always peaks when there's restaurants to be built!

Another thing I've been wondering is why there's so few meals to cook? We got a few new meals from WA, but the rest we've gotten is only to be bought from a bar. I can't think of any reasons on why it's not possible to make cheese plates and such at home.

I'd like to see new types of food from every expansion, same goes for gemstones/fish/bugs.
Test Subject
#1273 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 6:17 PM
How about a sports expansion? It would something new that hasn't been before. They could add sports skills like football, volleyball, baseball, etc. New interactive lots like football, basketball stadium and new professions connected to those sports.
Scholar
#1274 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 6:22 PM
Quote:
I can't think of any reasons on why it's not possible to make cheese plates and such at home.

um...yes you can....
Alchemist
#1275 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RayPeterCarl
How about a sports expansion? It would something new that hasn't been before. They could add sports skills like football, volleyball, baseball, etc. New interactive lots like football, basketball stadium and new professions connected to those sports.

Remember when we thought that's what SHT was going to be concerning? How wrong we were!
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 51 of 67