Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 5:03 AM
Default WCIF Victorian NPC replacements.
I've found loads for Medieval games but need something for the 19th century. Or instructions on how to make them. Or to change the NPCs (and townies) into the Vic clothing I have.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 5:32 AM
There's a NPC Replacer under Sims 2 - Programs here. https://web.archive.org/web/2016041...imwardrobe.com/

It used to work for me and then stopped, so if you can't get it working let me know and I can link you to the stuff I already had before it stopped working.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There's a NPC Replacer under Sims 2 - Programs here. https://web.archive.org/web/2016041...imwardrobe.com/

It used to work for me and then stopped, so if you can't get it working let me know and I can link you to the stuff I already had before it stopped working.

Thank you. I now have it downloaded. I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow. Hmmm, Have to do some thinking about what they should wear.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 5:35 PM
There is a way to use Inge´s Teleporter Cat to make NPCs selectable, and then you can change their clothes. With the addition of "jaxad0127_NoNPCRevert", they stay in the clothes you assign to them.

Teleporter Cat
Jaxad is here.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 3:48 AM
@Charity - I had very little time to work on it today as had to run errands. I did get it to open and checked the various options. I was thinking, if you have done part of a Victorian set I could finish up the others and we could combine them. What do you think?

@Rebellina - I have teleporter cat and have used it to select walkby townies to try to change their outfits. But I could not get them to plan outfits. Their only option was what they had on. They could not access the family's clothing selection. (Using Insim wardrobe changer) What steps was I missing?
Theorist
#6 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:09 AM
I use Pescado's clothing tool to fix townie clothing. I make them selectable have them pick new clothes and then return them to the wild :P
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
I used the Sim Blender to change the NPC witches' outfits. They haven't reverted back yet.

For my Victorian hood they have a DR by Skell, though.

This is a list of all the Victorian NPC replacements I have. Of course you might not like my selections, though.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 5:39 AM
Today I tried to make a replacement male mail carrier. The program repeatedly gave me a message of Unrecoverable Error. Active X controller could not do something or other. Each time it happened when I clicked on a clothing package. I tried three different ones. The last time I installed the VBRuntime file first. That made no difference.

Then I tried Teleporter cat again. I summoned him and made him selectable. I tried with Sim Blender first. Trying to change his clothing to casual did not work. There was no option to select a different clothing. Perhaps I chose the wrong category? I chose appearance-clothing. How did you do it, Charity? I next tried Insims clothing changer. Had him buy two outfits. But when I had him plan outfit there were no options for him to choose. Do I have to actually move him in to the family for it to work? But if I did that he would no longer be the mail carrier. I can remember changing npcs and townies clothes way back when the game first came out but can not remember how I did it. Not sure if it was npcs but definitely townies. But back then I did all the things that cause game corruption too.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 3:08 PM
Sorry, I screwed up. It wasn't the clothing I changed on the witches; it was the hair and I did that with change appearance. I tried to change the mail carrier and got the same stuff you did. The only thing that changed the clothing was Christian Lov's clothing rack using buy neighbour clothes. But it didn't stick. The next day she was back in the usual outfit.

The only thing the NPC Replacer does is make a Default Replacement of the outfit. There are some Victorian DRs already made. https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/78443.html
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:34 PM
Quote:
@Rebellina - I have teleporter cat and have used it to select walkby townies to try to change their outfits. But I could not get them to plan outfits. Their only option was what they had on. They could not access the family's clothing selection. (Using Insim wardrobe changer) What steps was I missing?[/infobutton]

I am using Pescado´s clothing tool, too. It has an option saying something like "Choose new clothes" or so. After I assigned a complete set of clothing for the NPC, I am using the SimBlender to change them into casual clothes. Did you also put in the mod I suggested, NoNPC revert?
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 2:13 AM
well, darn. I was writing a post a couple of nights ago and thought I had it posted. But about that time one of my cats stepped on the power button of my BackUPS and the computer went off. Obviously the post didn't make it. Now to see if I can remember what I wrote before.

@Charity - That was a great link. I got Cynnara's mail carriers and all her other posted NPCs , but couldn't find a link for the paperboy. I got all of Cakeyy's Regency NPCs. Most of the men in that group are wearing the same suit styles that I'm using for my men. AAS listed them as Civil War era so I decided that only the fashionistas would be wearing the latest styles so in 1870 my men would still be wearing their old suits. I tried her female driver and was disappointed. She was wearing a black dress with a white apron. Not really appropriate for pulling a rickshaw. How is your female driver outfitted?. She had pics of all the different outfits but none were labeled. I haven't seen the paperboy since I put him in. Hopefully he will work better than the driver.

@Rebellina - Yes, I did get the NoNPC revert. And I have also gotten Pescado's clothing tool. Hopefully it will work better for me than Insim. In fact, I got the whole Director's Cut. I've been using his mods for years. But I guess I have deleted everything that I wasn't currently using. This time I will be saving the folder in my TS2 Warehouse.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 3:32 AM
The attached pic is my driver outfit.

I have the paper boy/girl outfits shown here.

https://cynarra.dreamwidth.org/4474.html#cutid1
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 4:15 AM
@Charity - Sorry so long to respond. I've been distracted by mundane stuff and have not had time to get online much. I love your driver outfit. It's a lot nicer than the black dress with apron that I'm using. Did you get your paper deliverers from that file? I downloaded it from the first link but only got the mail carriers which I am using. Any way to get your driver? Or at least get the dress. My playable would like that and I haven't seen it anywhere.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 8:06 AM