Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#7626 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
As far as I'm aware (I may be wrong), your Sim has to go to them. Every time I've done the World Adventure Opportunity that requires I win the tournament I've always had to go to the Sim I'm supposed spar after I call them. If they aren't assigned to a register I always end up having to go to their house, get the relationship up enough to spar, then ask them to a ranked sparing match.

My own question: I have only had Late Night for maybe a week, so I'm not sure how the whole celebrity thing works. My Sim is a celebrity, but since she works in the criminal career she recently went to jail. I got a message that there is bad talk going around that she has gone to jail and she has the publicly disgraced moodlet. I think I saw something about false rumors, but this isn't false (she is in the criminal career, and did get arrested while going to work.) Is there a way to get rid of the celebrity rumor and disgrace crap?

Yes, there is. You may sue for slander at the the city hall. This may clear your reputation, but you may also lose. Either way will cost you money. It will probably also affect negatively your relation with those initiating the slander. I think there also is an option for diverting the slander towards someone else. What goes around, comes around. The truth has no bearing on this, just pure chance.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#7627 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lueftspeiler
Yes, there is. You may sue for slander at the the city hall. This may clear your reputation, but you may also lose. Either way will cost you money. It will probably also affect negatively your relation with those initiating the slander. I think there also is an option for diverting the slander towards someone else.

I believe you can also go to the (business office?) and choose to "Pay Off Paparazzi" or "Deflect Scandal". It's been a while since I've played any celebrities in my game.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#7628 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:10 PM
I didn't see the option to divert the slander to someone else, but she did win her slander suit. It cost her 2,000 to sue for slander at the city hall. What I meant though is disable the celebrity rumor crap. She is in the criminal career field, and in the past, my Sims in the criminal career field have gotten arrested more than once just for working in the field. I really don't want to have to pay 2,000 to sue for slander every time she gets arrested, I rather just disable the crap.
Test Subject
#7629 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:14 PM
All my sims are celebrities. Even my toddlers are 2-3 star celebs before they can potty. The reason this is not annoying, but slightly amusing, is that I have disabled paparazzi using NRAAS Register. It' s hilarious when a neglecting mother has to successfully impress her daughter before she will bother to chat with her.
Forum Resident
#7630 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:21 PM
I didn't see the option to divert the slander to someone else, but she did win her slander suit. It cost her 2,000 to sue for slander at the city hall. What I meant though is disable the celebrity rumor crap. She is in the criminal career field, and in the past, my Sims in the criminal career field have gotten arrested more than once just for working in the field. I really don't want to have to pay 2,000 to sue for slander every time she gets arrested, I rather just disable the crap.

So, are you saying you still want the celebrity system to be active, just without all of the public disgrace scenarios? You can disable the system for the active household, or even completely, in the options menu, but you mentioned just the celebrity rumor stuff so I'm just curious.

Mad Poster
#7631 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM
I suppose it depends on what is required to get into the more "upscale" type bars in Bridgeport. I want her to be able to get in those if she wants to, so if she has to be a celebrity so be it. I just don't want the public disgrace scenarios. So if there is a way to stop the disgrace scenarios without disabling her celebrity I'm fine with that, if not then I'm still curious about getting rid of the celebrity stuff altogether.
Forum Resident
#7632 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:36 PM
I suppose it depends on what is required to get into the more "upscale" type bars in Bridgeport.

If that's the main reason, you don't really even need to be a celebrity to get into them, it just makes it somewhat easier. You can just bribe the bouncers to get in, I think you can even sneak or hack your way in, and if your relationship with them is high enough they may just let you in anyway.

Test Subject
#7633 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:42 PM
Can someone please tell me how to get the publically disgraced moodlet (except from public woohoo because my horny sims do that all the time). Can a criminal get that just for doing her job? For dumpster diving? Getting arrested for tagging a wall? Giving birth out of wedlock (none of my sims are married)? Peeing in public? Being repo'ed?
Test Subject
#7634 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:58 PM
I suppose it depends on what is required to get into the more "upscale" type bars in Bridgeport.

A couple of flirtatious interactions and a woohoo in the elevator is generally enough for the bouncer to let you in.
Mad Poster
#7635 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luftspeiler
Can someone please tell me how to get the publically disgraced moodlet (except from public woohoo because my horny sims do that all the time). Can a criminal get that just for doing her job? For dumpster diving? Getting arrested for tagging a wall? Giving birth out of wedlock (none of my sims are married)? Peeing in public? Being repo'ed?

I'm not sure if its related to the fact that I have the Nraas SP, but there seems to be a random chance that the police will arrest a Sim in the criminal career while they are going to work. That is what happened to my 5 star celebrity Sim. The Bridgeport police arrested my Sim on her way to work and she spent the time she was supposed to be at work in jail and lost job performance, and also got the publicly disgraced moodlet because someone started talking around town that she had been arrested.

I'm not sure what else causes it.
Forum Resident
#7636 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luftspeiler

This should help. Scroll down to public disgrace, it gives a list of everything that can give you the moodlet when caught.

Mad Poster
#7637 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:09 AM Last edited by Orilon : 10th Jun 2018 at 4:33 AM.
Never mind, I ended giving up because apparently banning tourists doesn't work. They show up anyway.
Mad Poster
#7638 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 5:44 AM
Never mind, I ended giving up because apparently banning tourists doesn't work. They show up anyway.

Not sure what the original question was here, but NRaas Register is required to control or switch off the tourist system. When mine is off, after any tourists already present in town have a chance to return home, no new ones ever arrive unless I have invited them over myself.

Or is this not what the issue was?
Mad Poster
#7639 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 6:06 AM
The original question was how to have a Sim register as a self employed painter if there are no rabbitholes. I thought I had used register to ban tourists, but they kept showing up anyway every single day. I got tired of tourists showing up and route failing even though I had banned them and deleted the save and uninstalled the world associated with the Midnight Sun Challenge.
Lab Assistant
#7640 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:51 PM
I'm playing an overstuffed household with 9 sims which works well enough but when I try to move them to another house it says there are too many sims for one household. Is there a way around this?
Mad Poster
#7641 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
I'm playing an overstuffed household with 9 sims which works well enough but when I try to move them to another house it says there are too many sims for one household. Is there a way around this?

Mods are required to create/play overstuffed households. I believe that AwesomeMod has its own way of handling these things, but if you are using NRaas mods then NRaas Mover is required for sims to move into or out of a household of Greater Than Eight or to move the entire household.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which%2...FAQ#Overstuffed
Field Researcher
#7642 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:52 PM
I've seen at least one person talk about playing Simsville, this recreation of the Sims 1 neighborhood for Sims 3. Does anyone else have trouble with it crashing randomly? No other town of mine crashes this badly.

At first it kept crashing when I moved my first family into their house. So I deleted it and tried again. This time it worked and I was able to move in my family, but I keep getting random crashes still. I've deleted my cache files and my thumbnails. I'd contact the creator, but it doesn't look like she's been active in the Sims community for a long time (the world is only updated to WA). Any help would be appreciated!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Mad Poster
#7643 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
@igazor Is it possible for sims to text each other in the same household? If so, what do I need to do to make that happen?

Am going to have to check on that, but I'm pretty sure that texting within the same household is not allowed for in the game's programming in much the same way that members of the same household cannot call each other to chat or send mail amongst themselves (love letters).
Mad Poster
#7644 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 1:49 PM
EA strikes again. I rarely get the urge to be a deviant in my game. My plan was foiled even before I got to try it. Meh.

Thanks.

So there was more to this than wanting to text the sim sitting across from you at the dinner table to pass the salt shaker? (that would be a typical scene from my sister's house when her three kids were all teens, on some days verbal communications were at a premium...)
Top Secret Researcher
#7645 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 9:13 PM
My stupid question:
Say I made a house on a lot that's bigger than it needs to be... say it's a 30x30 lot but the house fits well within 20x20. Is there any way of taking just the house and saving it to the library for a 20x20 lot?
Asking for a friend.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#7646 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
My stupid question:
Say I made a house on a lot that's bigger than it needs to be... say it's a 30x30 lot but the house fits well within 20x20. Is there any way of taking just the house and saving it to the library for a 20x20 lot?
Asking for a friend.

That's a really smart question. If somebody were to make a mod that could achieve this I am sure it would be a huge success. It used to be possible to crop lots in The Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#7647 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 3:46 AM Last edited by igazor : 14th Jun 2018 at 4:43 PM.
Would changing the lot size with Add Any Lot Size then saving it, work?

No, because the lot would still be 30x30. What the mod does is allow us to create custom sized lot footprints for placement that don't appear by default on Edit Town, it doesn't allow us to put what are now larger lots on smaller ones.
Lab Assistant
#7648 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
My stupid question:
Asking for a friend.
You might try using velocitygrass's Blueprint Maker to recreate the house on the desired sized lot. That's what I had to do with one of my favourite houses, The Apricot by Lemonjelly. A fantastic house, perfectly suited to my style of play but the lot size was, to me, unnecessarily large. I used velocitygrass's Blueprint Maker to recreate it on a 30x30 which suited me down to the ground.

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Lab Assistant
#7649 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 8:36 PM Last edited by Nocriel : 15th Jun 2018 at 9:05 PM.
So I just started a brandnew save and my sims learn all their skills ridiculously fast, the woman got her street art skill to almost level 4 with her very first ground mural (she does have Artistic and Avant Garde traits but still...) No cheats, no moodlets that mess with skill gain, no supernatural states, just mere human beings.
The only thing I can think of that could affect skill gain is nraas Relativity but that was still on default settings (brandnew game as I said).
What's going on and more importantly how can I fix that?
edit: Neeeevermind, a simple restart fixed the problem (and luckily it was only the first day so not much lost). Now she only reached the first level of street art with her first ground mural
Field Researcher
#7650 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:20 AM
I'm not sure who you are thinking of, but I've been playing that world for a few months now. I haven't had a problem with crashing.

I'm sorry, I couldn't remember who I was thinking of. I guess I'll have to give up on that world. Thanks for the feedback, though.

(Edited to avoid double-posting)

Another question: if I were to attach a vacation town and move new sims there with Traveler, would that increase my risk for Error 12s? I like the town I'm playing now, but I'm running out of houses!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Page 306 of 385