Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2015 at 4:40 PM Last edited by simmythesim : 3rd Jun 2015 at 3:32 PM.
Default Help on making a first person view mod.
I want to make a first person view for the sims 4 but I have no idea where to start. All the xml and data files are only for cas mode, but I think I found a function in one of the camera python files that follows the selected sim. Any tips on how to attach a camera to the head bone of a sim?

EDIT:Hopefully the camera can be attached to a bone as it seems that the plumbbob is attached to a bone except that because the folks at Maxis are VERY helpful, they decided to not put the name of the bone there.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 6:48 PM
try to mess around with the Camera XML / .Ini , there is already a Follow sim camera, and i am almost sure u can edit it so it will zoom all around to Sim Head and make it no fade.
i dont think u have to atach to bone, just change the coordinate offsets .
i remember there was a first poerson mod for sims 2 it also changed the FOV to make it look like real eyesight.
btw if u manage to make it, release it pls, i also was planning to do something similar but i am very busy with university stuff so no time..
if u do it , release ok? :D