Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 48 (Who?), Viewed: 1550 times.
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:21 PM
Default Am I going senile... or...
Did MTS change the menu bar so it says "community" instead of "discussion?"

I could've swore it use to say discussion b/c I remember it was side by side double Ds - Download and Discussion...

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:26 PM
I knew I wasn't the only one!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:29 PM
Yes

Careful soon this will happen

https://i.imgur.com/qrmD4PU.jpg

hehe
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:39 PM
Thanks! Now it's going to bug me beyond all reason.
God dammit. grumble grumble grumble

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Alchemist
#5 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon

I could've swore it use to say discussion b/c I remember it was side by side double Ds - Download and Discussion...

Really?

Anyway, it isn't just you. I noticed it too but didn't bother to mention it.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon

If you're delusional, you're not the only one!
dodgy builder
#7 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:58 PM
Yes I noticed as well. Good to know someone's doing something with this site
Theorist
#8 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 7:41 PM
Mobile version still says discussion.
Also I can never find my previous posts in the mobile version. I think it just doesn’t exist.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 1:28 AM
The other day, I literally sat there for a good minute or so trying to find where the discussion section went.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:03 AM
You know what, I've decided I don't like it. Damn this stupid change and its stupidity.

Already renewed for '89!

Scholar
#11 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:07 AM
I was shaking my head a bit the first few times I saw the change. UH, where is the discussion? OH, there. Um, OK.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:50 AM
I noticed it too and figured out it must've happened recently.
Alchemist
#13 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 11:30 PM
Well, the votes are in. It seems that, with possibly not all of them counted yet, 11 members Agree that those of us who were puzzled for a moment by the menu category change are going senile. And 3 members think it's Funny that we are going senile.

What a supportive community this is!
Site Helper
#14 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:52 AM
I was agreeing that I had to spend a few minutes trying to figure out where the Discussion went.
(Although the change did remind me that I've got 51 subscriptions...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#15 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
I was agreeing that I had to spend a few minutes trying to figure out where the Discussion went.

Yes, I was having some fun misinterpreting (on purpose) what the reaction buttons meant in that case.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
(Although the change did remind me that I've got 51 subscriptions...)

Don't know about you but my 43 subscriptions and 145 posted threads don't yield nearly as much unread posts as I'd hope. This site can be such a great waste of time, but it isn't always.

Already renewed for '89!

Theorist
#17 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:18 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 20th Jul 2018 at 6:02 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
... but my 43 subscriptions and 145 posted threads don't yield nearly as much...
That's sure more than I've got. I'm mostly relying on people finding lots more to say about mods to hijack bugs. But maybe it won't happen until tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
...11 members Agree that those of us who were puzzled for a moment by the menu category change are going senile.
The buttons don't properly capture all the conditions, though. I, for example, adjusted smoothly enough to the change -- but I don't think that should let me off the hook, senility-wise. I'm going to defer that judgment until I find out how I cope with the bug-hijacking post count tomorrow.

EDIT: update -- in summary, yes I'm going senile. I cannot detail the evidence because I'm very confused by it (which is kind of the point, I suppose.) There had been something about lobsters, I think, but not any more. So that's that.

Ronnie de Noube - Comic and Blog; Sim National Laboratories and our Protein Folding Team.
@)->-----
Alchemist
#18 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 4:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_deNoube
EDIT: update -- in summary, yes I'm going senile. I cannot detail the evidence because I'm very confused by it (which is kind of the point, I suppose.) There had been something about lobsters, I think, but not any more. So that's that.

The thread in question TA'ed itself. It's even more annoying when that happens than was watching its OP fail to understand what a chatty discussion board is and how being rude to everyone participating on it wasn't going to do much to endear themselves to others. To be fair, whatever their overly entitled intentions were, making us all feel that much more senile than we already do probably wasn't really meant to be among them.
Alchemist
#19 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:34 PM
Quote:
...To be fair, whatever their overly entitled intentions were, making us all feel that much more senile than we already do probably wasn't really meant to be among them.

There is the entitlement thing, but would it make you feel better if I thought of a stupid question so you could talk about Returner?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#20 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:29 PM
Speaking of senile and Retuner, I could have sworn that a few days ago somebody wanted to be able to eat beetles and now I can't find that thread anywhere, and just as I was about to get to the bottom of this.
Alchemist
#21 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:33 PM
That's the thread we are talking about. The OP on that one deleted it. Or are we just continuing to ask where it went for fun? Can we maybe make an Abbott & Costello skit out of this conversation?

This current thread is now way off-topic and I expect the OP here, on this one, about the change in forum menu names, to return and yell at all of us for allowing that to happen.
Theorist
#22 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
... just as I was about to ...
It's probably for the best. Lobsters taste better anyway and, by classifying them as fish, perhaps they become brain food and will help with our cognitive decline.

Ronnie de Noube - Comic and Blog; Sim National Laboratories and our Protein Folding Team.
@)->-----
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#23 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:43 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 20th Jul 2018 at 9:00 PM.
Quote:
That's the thread we are talking about. (...)
Oh, you are already? I really didn't notice. How embarrassing.

ETA: I think I found the tuning file, it's called EatBug_Terrarium, and it also has an added advertiser for Daredevil Sims. But the ITUN suggests that it has no restrictions, i.e. it should be available at all times in all worlds, meaning that it is probably blocked by the core in worlds other than the dystopian future.
Interesting to note though is that it is also tied to a skill, SkillBugEating, make of that whatever you want.
Scholar
#24 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:22 PM
The OP is probably off eating Tide Pods! LOL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:36 PM
Wait, what? What is going on? What is with this beetle forum everyone is talking about? Personally I never liked Ringo Starr. McCartney was ok though.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Page 1 of 2