Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:26 PM
The 2 disappointments I have for NL are the apartment buildings and the amount of time wasted riding elevators. I just find it sad that they couldn't program the game to allow more than one Sim family to occupy an apartment like you could do in Apartment Life and when walking into the elevator you're not just instantly teleported up or down to wherever you need to go.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:38 PM
What drives me absolutely crazy is the bouncers. As soon as my sim arrives they have "listen" in their queue. Fine. The bouncer tells them they can't get in for being unfamous. Fine. But then they cannot talk to anyone else in the lobby and even have trouble trying to bribe the bouncer because two more instances of "listen" are in their queues. I cancel them and try to get something else done, but then they pop right back up in the queue.

Also, my sim was invited to a party. The icon showed a party there. But no one was home. So I sent my sim to the hot tub anyway. I got a "thanks for coming to my party" message, then my sim jumped up, ran out and went home.

Honestly, I'm kind of considering removing Night Life (I really don't care about clubs at all, but I was hoping other aspects would make it worth it, like how I felt about Open for Business) and just keeping the patch. But there are the new clothes and things. Really though, I'm more of a "family" player - I'd like an EP with stuff for kids and elders.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:43 PM
I am disappointed in the parties...haven't tried throwing my own since LN, but before, when I threw my own, I'd set up food and drinks, make sure the music was going, and tried to make sure everyone had a good time. When I go to these other Sim parties, nothing...sit around watching TV until that breaks, then they just bitch about the broken TV...and damned if you try and fix it...you're behaving inappropriate

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrizBehr
I am disappointed in the parties...haven't tried throwing my own since LN, but before, when I threw my own, I'd set up food and drinks, make sure the music was going, and tried to make sure everyone had a good time. When I go to these other Sim parties, nothing...sit around watching TV until that breaks, then they just bitch about the broken TV...and damned if you try and fix it...you're behaving inappropriate

Exactly! EA forgot to do appropriate coding to make sure there'd be music, dancing, and socializing at your neighbour's parties, by making the darts, hifi, bars ect more appealing to Sims for instance.

I want to add that I am encountering the most bugs that I ever had in any game, and that is without any mods and with a good gaming computer I bought in May.

Then again, I never had any bugs in WA though lots of people were complaining about that, so bad luck in part, I guess.
Test Subject
#105 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:58 PM
I am a bit dissapointed with the new instruments... of course its nice, theres a drum and a piano and a double-bass... But it gets on my nerves... THE DIDNT PUT A BASS GUITAR!!! dammit.. whats the point whitout that?
and another thing... when i'm at home playing with my band, the only kind of songs i can play is improvise or blues... wheres the ROCK and JAZZ (i know its in concerts).... I wanna rock out at my garage... with a BASS GUITAR a ELECTRIC GUITAR a DRUMS and even the piano...
This is the most dissapointing in the game....
Taking that out... Late Night was good... nice new things to explore... bars, vampires, and alot of celebreties events xD
Inventor
#106 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:00 PM
One thing that gets me is the queue-stomping "go out" action that occurs at closing time. It has killed so many social interactions for my sim who is just trying to convince someone to come home with her. By time she catches up with them on the outside, they can't be interacted with because they are going home. Plus, it kills like an entire hour trying to get down there just to send her home. The other night I was playing and she was really tired so I thought I'd circumvent the queue-stomping - as soon as the closing time notification popped up but before the "go out" action occurred - I used testingcheatsenabled to click on her home lot and teleport here thinking I could just get around that nonsense. But "go out" queued up anyway and as soon as she arrived via teleportation to her apartment, she hopped in the elevator, spent an hour going down the elevator, getting a taxi back to the club just to get the notification that the club is closed.

So in case anyone is wondering, let me save you the trouble: It doesn't work

kittens!
Mad Poster
#107 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:07 PM
GrizBehr - I agree about the parties - so far, my sims haven't gone to a fun one. Once the hostess was in bed asleep, but, of course, woke up expressly to tell my sim she was behaving inappropriately.
I haven't had my sims throw a party yet because they live in an apartment and I'm afraid the guests won't be able to come up or they'll walk on the lot, then turn around and leave. Guess I'll have to test that out.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:12 PM
@ wickedblue: you can use the resetsim cheat to teleport your sim back home, or use it on other sims to unblock her way!
Mad Poster
#109 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
One thing that gets me is the queue-stomping "go out" action that occurs at closing time. It has killed so many social interactions for my sim who is just trying to convince someone to come home with her. By time she catches up with them on the outside, they can't be interacted with because they are going home. Plus, it kills like an entire hour trying to get down there just to send her home. The other night I was playing and she was really tired so I thought I'd circumvent the queue-stomping - as soon as the closing time notification popped up but before the "go out" action occurred - I used testingcheatsenabled to click on her home lot and teleport here thinking I could just get around that nonsense. But "go out" queued up anyway and as soon as she arrived via teleportation to her apartment, she hopped in the elevator, spent an hour going down the elevator, getting a taxi back to the club just to get the notification that the club is closed.

So in case anyone is wondering, let me save you the trouble: It doesn't work

Did you try 'ask to join group' (or whatever it is)? That worked for me when my sim wanted to go somewhere else with another sim he met in the bar. (But I still don't have the logistics of moving sims around figured out for LN.)

I had trouble with actually getting a sim into my sim's apartment. For example, when he called his romantic interest and invited her over, she showed up but then got back in her car and left immediately.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#110 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thaico
The 2 disappointments I have for NL are the apartment buildings and the amount of time wasted riding elevators.

Yeah, and that combined with the fact that when you arrive to the club, finally get up, bribe the bouncer.. the place closes, GET OUT EVERYONE. And then you have to start the painfully long journey down again.. My sim has had one drink so far because I don't start the journey to clubs at already like 7pm..
Forum Resident
#111 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 7:53 PM
I've had one fun party so far; that was at the Jones' house and it was only so fun because the sims were loving it in the hot tub haha.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 9:55 PM
My only "problem" so far is that my Nraas story progression mod was incompatible, it seemed to work but my game suddenly crashed every time I had answered all the NRaas-boxes. (Like move out all homeless, etc.) AND - this could be because he was a celeb - but I tried to play with Matthew Hamming, who; despite living in a pretty cool house, wanted to move to a penthouse (and, for some reason, he did not have an alarm - someone broke into his house while he was out), and when he was in a club (two other people there in addition to the bouncer and the mixologist) he couldn't interact with anyone there. I tried clicking on them, and nothing happened or no menu came up. Is this because he's a celebrity and they're not? Seems stupid, especially because one of them is a girl he's good friends with who calls him all the time. The mixologist also left just when I was about to order a drink, and even though I went out at around 8-9, the bar seemed to close immediately. I didn't visit the basement, though; it was a vampire bar as far as I'm aware (The Plasma 541 or something) so it's possible there were more people there.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson
Test Subject
#113 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:07 PM
So for the likes and dislikes
Is It Worth Buying?

It sounds really awesome but
also sounds like a big headache
if half my cc isn't going to work
without a bunch of fixes.

M
Test Subject
#114 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jennydb91
...and when he was in a club (two other people there in addition to the bouncer and the mixologist) he couldn't interact with anyone there. I tried clicking on them, and nothing happened or no menu came up. Is this because he's a celebrity and they're not?

It happened to me too at random moments when at clubs or bars on different sims. Suddenly no menu pop up on clicking the sims. Then after waiting out a while and clicking on same problematic sim again the menu pops up.

I only have Twallan's master controller and no other mods. I think it's the game being buggy.

There are also times when I invite a visitor at my home to go to another location and when they get ready to leave, there will be a notification box popping up saying the visitor is leaving, and then, surprisingly, still goes afterall.
Top Secret Researcher
#115 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:34 AM
I don't know if I'm disappointed per-say, perhaps annoyed by the glitches though, since when playing the game even without custom content is causing it to have many problems.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 11:55 AM
I figured out the interaction-thing has NOTHING to do with him being a celebrity. I made a new sim, moved her into one of the apartments, and shortly after I got a "welcome wagon"-notice and two sims emerged out of the elevator. I couldn't interact with them either. When you move your cursor over them, their name shows, but it's just an arrow, it's not clickable, no menu shows and there's no reaction whatsoever to clicking them, it's like clicking anywhere else on the screen (except for the "go here"-message). I tried moving my sim into the hallway where they were but they didn't talk to her on their own either. It is getting very annoying. I guess I will have to try to play without any CC and see if that helps (in which case my sim will look like a total idiot, her hairstyle and most of her clothes are CC). For now, I've removed the "disabled"-files from my TS3 folder - suddenly, a lot of my files' formats changed into DISABLED, so I've taken them out, will see if that helps. If nothing helps I guess I'll have to re-install the entire game. Which is kind of annoying, though; as I can't figure out how to uninstall it (where the hell is that uninstall-icon located?)

EDIT: According to the help section, the "no interactions" bug is caused by CC, so I guess I'll have to look over them once more, and try deleting the cache files.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 12:59 PM
I love it...yes it has a few glitches, the elevator queue stomping and then suddenly dropping the actions is annoying but livable but i'm sure it will get fixed at some point.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 2:36 PM
To Necromina--to answer your question. I think LN is a definite buy despite the glitches and crashiness. While this has been the most CC busting EP ever, overall the experience has been great for me. I had a lot of crashing at first but then after reinstalling and trying to start a new game 3 or 4 times it suddenly went away. The elevators are annoying, no sims in my neighborhood seem to go to work and I don't think anyone works at the Firedept--but I still think it's the best EP that EA has ever done. I just wish we could have multi-family apartment buildings.

The one mod that actually made the difference for LN and turned this from a frustrating experience to a great one is Twallan's relativity mod. This is a mod that allows you to slow down time at different parts of the day. So for me, time is normal during the morning/daytime but slows down to 20-40% between 6pm-6am. This allows my sims to actually get to the clubs and have fun for a while before the clubs close down. I seriously recommend it, before it used to take several hours to get my sims grouped up and off to the clubs. Now I can do that and it feels very normal and not rushed at all. I can really experience the fun part of clubbing and have time to take notice of all the funny interactions and animations.
Test Subject
#119 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
...so I am using an empty Sunset Valley to build a cityscape and urban feel. Bridgeport is pretty, but EA used too many large lots, and I wanted to get the proper feel of a tightly urban landscape. I really wanted to line some smaller urban homes for my sims that are just starting out in the town. Big disappointment for me.

If you get that made I hope you will put it up for download! I am waiting for a good town to download for LN since Bridgeport is just not for me.

Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
Impulse had finally gotten to me n I purchased the downloadable version of LN few hrs ago. Well.. 2 hrs have passed and I closed it cause I was a tad bored Didnt think it be this fast. I briefly tried the drinks, new foods, clubs, apartments, hot tub, film career, impressing celebrities, etc. Yea theyre cool.. the scenery is a nice change, but that was about it. I was disappointed on the music alot, its today's mainstream music in which I try to escape from in the game. It also didnt change much of the gameplay, but then again I did not spend to much time on it. I'll guess ill play it more one day..

Gah, same with me! I was so beyond excited for this game then after an hour of gameplay I closed it out and opened up another game. I really thought LN would hold my attention for a long time but I'm ready to just go back to my other families and ignore this new EP.

It's so odd that this EP is nothing special to me since Superstar with TS1 was just THE BEST to me.

But yeah, like so many others I HATE how hard EA has made it to make your own towns with this EP. Gah, sucks.
Test Subject
#120 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 8:51 PM
Thank you taizhu

It must be pretty good if you still like it with all the problems.
I will have to buy it, it just sounds very fun.

And thank you again for the mod you said to use. If there was
one thing i didn't like about the SIMS it was how little time you
have to do anything. I wasn't smart enough to think there might
be a mod for that. I hope that fancy doitallmod(awesome mod maybe?)
still works. if that doesn't work then i can't play LOL. Having all those
options to change everything is very cool and i can't play without it.
I guess i should read around a little more to see if it works.

M
Inventor
#121 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:55 PM
1- East a plasma fruit to see throw up, make sure that the sim you have eat one is not a vampire, and the toilet isnt clogged or they will make a dirty garbage smell in the elevator trying to get outside. I cant clean the elevator. The smell doesnt auto clean and new visitors notice. For a week so far.

2- The Rabbit holes are gaining in definition. I can see more detail in the new town and the old ones since the expansion. The movie theatre has marques and escallators.

3-Check the Cleb status of a party giver and if you are higher, crash their party and then invite everyone to a Club, it is a feature. Instant population and Drama.

It seems to me that at this point we are getting peices to the puzzle and I think that we need the whole puzzle for any one feature to work right. I want the ones I have to work right and it seems like we are being peacemealed along, getting less and less with each expansion. Almost like the head programmer left halfway through and no one did anything after he left. I am missing vegitation from the buy and buydebug catalouges since I loaded LN thats a heavy dissapointment to me since I *liked* the nile grass and chineese lillies. I cant find a subway station anywhere but in Bridgeport, and dont know if you can clone one and place it anywhere else. The biggest dissapointment is that I cant subway from the other towns to bridgeport like going downtown from Sims2.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestie Freehawk
I cant find a subway station anywhere but in Bridgeport, and dont know if you can clone one and place it anywhere else. The biggest dissapointment is that I cant subway from the other towns to bridgeport like going downtown from Sims2.

The subway station is under miscellaneous in the community objects section.
Scholar
#123 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 12:35 AM
I'm assuming it isn't a bug that I've come across; but the only thing that has annoyed me is that children are unable to play the keyboard and piano. As this was possible for them in TS2, it seems rather strange for it to have been excluded in Late Night.
Test Subject
#124 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 12:49 AM
The thing that pissed me off the most was when one of my sims was really hungry and just when I had ordered a meal the bar closed and then he had to wait 1-2 hours to get in the damn elevator because of the lines and then after a while when he was just outside his apartment he falls down and dies. Gah... I had been playing on that family for hours and I forgot to save.
Alchemist
#125 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
There are a few things that I dislike that they've added. One is the black space in the apartment buildings. It's ugly and a waste. You can't do anything with it.

Another thing that I dislike and am disappointed by is the "greasy foods" emotion. It bothers me. Now you cannot eat a freakin hotdog without your Sim feeling like garbage. That and the opportunity where your boss calls and says that your image is everything and that you need to work out for four hours. I think that's gross, especially with the younger girls that might play this game. Yes, I understand that they are an aspiring actress/actor but... it just seems... wrong... for some reason. Plus with all the random barfing in this game... no.

I like to play the Sims because I can make my characters look however they want to (on purpose) and still be as successful as someone who fits the norm in "real life" (gosh that sounds nerdy).

Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

PLUS the glitchy town. Fix that shit, EA.

its an accurate depiction of real life, though. not all that goes on in life is pleasant or for your own good. sometimes people will be complete asses because they have something you want. i think that aspect of the game is actually quite refreshing.

the random puking, i must say, loses its novelty quickly...and now i truly understand why all the floors are gray. >_>

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Page 5 of 9