Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:12 AM
Default Can anyone help me figure out why FRAPS no longer works in full screen?
So, on Chrome, I have the little yellow FPS numbers. When I'm watching a TV show in Chrome, I have the little FPS numbers. I've also tried in Firefox, and it works fine in there, watching TV shows in full screen and such, If I run Sims 3/The TS4 CAS demo in windowed mode, I have the little FPS numbers. If I try to run the games in full screen, the little yellow FPS numbers suddenly disappear, and FRAPS doesn't record/take screenshots. I've tried closing Chrome, in case it was causing it to run on there instead of the game, and I've tried restarting my computer. I've also tried simply exiting FRAPS, and starting it back up.

I can't remember exactly when it started doing this, but it was definitely working in full screen a month ago, when the TS4 demo came out, because I remember using it. I have no idea what could be causing this... Should I uninstall & reinstall FRAPS? I checked my version against the version listed on the website, and it's definite the latest, so I'm sure sure in uninstalling & reinstalling would make a difference... anyone else have this issue? Or alternatively, can anyone else recommend any screen recording software that's on a par/better than FRAPS? It'd need to take both video and screenshots...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohthatsimschick
So, on Chrome, I have the little yellow FPS numbers. When I'm watching a TV show in Chrome, I have the little FPS numbers. I've also tried in Firefox, and it works fine in there, watching TV shows in full screen and such, If I run Sims 3/The TS4 CAS demo in windowed mode, I have the little FPS numbers. If I try to run the games in full screen, the little yellow FPS numbers suddenly disappear, and FRAPS doesn't record/take screenshots. I've tried closing Chrome, in case it was causing it to run on there instead of the game, and I've tried restarting my computer. I've also tried simply exiting FRAPS, and starting it back up.

I can't remember exactly when it started doing this, but it was definitely working in full screen a month ago, when the TS4 demo came out, because I remember using it. I have no idea what could be causing this... Should I uninstall & reinstall FRAPS? I checked my version against the version listed on the website, and it's definite the latest, so I'm sure sure in uninstalling & reinstalling would make a difference... anyone else have this issue? Or alternatively, can anyone else recommend any screen recording software that's on a par/better than FRAPS? It'd need to take both video and screenshots...

Update: I've just tried uninstalling & reinstalling; still nothing...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 6:14 PM
The screenshot function of FRAPS doesn't work in fullsceen because of a windows feature called Desktop Composition, which you can disable on Windows 7, but can't be disabled on Windows 8.

The framerate should still work though, afaik, so you might want to ask the people who make FRAPS about that.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.