Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:35 PM
Default Impossible to Make Majors with the Ultimate Collection
So, I was going into the filetable in SimPE, thinking I hadn't enabled Uni, so majors weren't showing up. The option for Uni was greyed out- it didn't think I had it installed, probably because of flippin' UC. OFB and SSN were available (because I'd had them before UC) but nothing else was. Does this mean that, for me, it is impossible to make a major?

The queen of mean and baking.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 12:18 AM
With collections, you may find the checkboxes grayed out in the FileTable. Just make your paths are defined in the System Folders.

Worst case, you may need to fiddle with the Advanced Settings underneath FileTable checkboxes, click the "Reload" button, close/reopen SimPE. I recall having to manually refresh the FileTable once.

Anyhoo, you should still see items in the Object Workshop and whanot, even if the checkbox is grayed out. I think what may matter more is whether or not it has a checkmark.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 12:21 AM
System folders meaning the ones in program files? It wasn't checked, either, just greyed out and empty. I'll check out the definition of my system folders, then, and try to figure it out (it might have been an issue fixable by a reboot, who knows)

EDIT: I managed to make it work, and because if someone were to stumble upon this thread looking for solutions, here's my answer (Thank you so much, MSD):

Under Extra-Preferences, I went to System Folders and defined my Uni folder, under C/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/Ultimate Collection/Uni Live/EP1.

Then, under file table, I scrolled down near the end and checked all eight or so boxes for Uni (first EP, so it's right above the BG and right below NL in the list) Then the majors showed up and everything was wonderful.

The queen of mean and baking.