Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 4:22 PM
Default Is there a way to townify face paint?
Hi, I'm looking for a tutorial on how to townify face paints, so that townies will generate with things like freckles or scars, without needing to have a ton of extra skintones.
It would also be helpful if there were a way to make certain face paints available to one skintone but not to another, so that face-sculpting make-up for light skins doesn't end up on dark skins, making them look weird.

I've googled it and had a look around and it I can't find anything that is specific to what I want, and I'm not sure if the same rules apply as say, townifying clothing.
I tried it with a bodyshop copy of a maxis face paint and I didn't work. The facepaint showed up in CAS but wouldn't generate on any sims when randomised.
I changed the creator and family to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, and flag, product and version values to 0x00000000 in the Texture Overlay XML. This is probably why it didn't work, but it didn't have a Property Set for some reason, and the Texture Overlay XML was the only other set of files that had the "same" values for me to edit.

See, I'm not very code literate but I can follow tutorials well enough. I would consider myself somewhere between novice and intermediate. (I've geneticized eyes and skin before so I have SOME idea of what I'm doing)

Thank you!

P.S. by face paint I mean anything that falls into this catagory -