Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Should MTS2 have a new logo?
Yes
284 70.47%
No
83 20.60%
I'd rather thump-a-Delphy instead
36 8.93%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 4:19 PM
Default Should MTS2 have a new logo?
Hi All,

With the launch and success of Sims2Community a few weeks ago, and in preparation for upcoming changes to MTS2 in the future, we tend to review all aspects of the site. One of these is the logo itself. Originally designed by Aobh, it's been sitting up there quietly since the site's inception over a year ago.

Our question to you is simple: should MTS2 have a new logo?

Vote and comment if you like.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:03 PM
It would be cool to see some change. Maybe have a contest for a new logo. I don't know what the winner would get. Brownie points? LOL!
Inventor
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:10 PM Last edited by mod_bv : 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:29 PM.
Yeah, that would be nice.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:38 PM
I agree with lobstergirl, we should have a contest to design it and whoever wins maybe gets some special downloads from the creators or something like that, I dunno. But I think it'd be cool if we could have a contest to design it, it'd give me something to do instead of sitting around in the live chat all day...

By the way, Delphy.... that "I'd rather thump-a-Delphy instead" option is way too tempting for someone like me... hehehehe.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:40 PM
I made one.

Click HERE

I am not uploading much stuff here anymore, but you can get all of my latest uploads at The Sims 2 Workshop
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:44 PM
yes some oof it but not all of it
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:46 PM
Delphy,

I think a contest would be great considering the immense talent level that resides within this site. I dont know what a free website could give away but i'd do it for free myself. Maybe you can think about getting shirts made with the logo on it and the winner gets a hat or shirt of their choice? Just tossing it out there. I'll await a contest announcement
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:53 PM
Oooh, he's on to something up there ^^. I like that idea about having a t-shirt and hat with the logo for the winner, that's cool.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:52 PM
Maybe a logo contest would be a good idea, but then there would be thousands of entries for one simple thing. Maybe it would be better if moderators all attempted and the rest vote, otherwise a contest would be way time consuming

~narlakins
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 6:02 PM
narlakins thats smart of you. I didn't even think of that. There are probably more then 1000 members to MTS2 some of which are wonderful creators. It would take a long time to view all the logos... and decide between them...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:59 PM
We thought about a contest but we didn't know if there would be sufficient interest in changing it to warrent the time put in.

And yes, we'd thought of prizes too. How about lifetime free downloading privilages?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 6:08 PM
Change is always good; I just can't wait to see the entries if you should decided to to a user contest!
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 6:14 PM
How about the prize being that your logo is going to represent a site with 90k members
If Delphy goes along with the contest, I could contribute a recolor set or something.

As far as the original question, CHanging logos has good sides and bad- the old one is kind of our trademark so it will be odd to see it go.... but the s2c logo is more modern and it might be nice to see something more modern as well... whatever everyone decides im cool with.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 6:29 PM
Hmmmmm.... I am quite attached to the old logo.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 6:27 PM
I think a new logo would be a great idea, although if you do have a contest I'd be sad if it was just moderators.
Maybe some of the people who run pay sites or have donation packs could allow the winner a short time to have access to those things. I know I'd love to attempt making one, I've never been too good at skinning or modding the sims 2 but I can make graphics.
What just happend?
retired moderator
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 6:38 PM
And yes, we'd thought of prizes too. How about lifetime free downloading privilages? [/QUOTE]

Nice one Delphy, we are ALL winners then!

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Scholar
#17 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
How about the prize being that your logo is going to represent a site with 90k members
If Delphy goes along with the contest, I could contribute a recolor set or something.

As far as the original question, CHanging logos has good sides and bad- the old one is kind of our trademark so it will be odd to see it go.... but the s2c logo is more modern and it might be nice to see something more modern as well... whatever everyone decides im cool with.

I agree that is a very good prize just having it seen by 90 k people!

The First Time I saw him....I knew he was the one.
Currently:A Model.
Mesh Maestro
#18 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 7:43 PM
Thump-a-Delphy... :bricks: Hmmm, never mind.... LOL

Seriously, change is allways refreshing, so a new logo is in order... I think the idea brought on of a contest would be a great idea. It would represent a lot of what this site is about, "creating". I am sure the folks here would display some very appetizing logo's...

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
#19 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 7:49 PM
Hi to all, I just became a member today. The first time I even looked at the logo was when I stumbled across to poll. I voted to change it on that alone. Seems to me that should be one of the first things to catch your eye.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
We thought about a contest but we didn't know if there would be sufficient interest in changing it to warrent the time put in.

And yes, we'd thought of prizes too. How about lifetime free downloading privilages?

Well, that prize would be pointless seeing as MTS2 is a free site. Lol!

NEW! LESS SUCKS SIGNATURE!

COLOR TAGS ACTUALLY REMOVED!
Forum Resident
#21 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 8:28 PM
Quote:

I'd hire someone to design a logo just so I could win that!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 8:49 PM
I think anyone who wants to should be able to enter. Limit 1 logo per person. This site has always been open and supportive to everyone, and there's plenty of talent here who are not mods.

Still, that leaves a voting dilemma if there are hundreds of entries.

I think the mods (poor mods) should then pick the their fav (10?) logos.
Then there could be a site poll/vote to pick the new logo from that set.
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 9:18 PM
I think it should stay the same. It is a trademark of the greatest free sims2 site!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:18 PM
the present logo says it all: cracking open the Sims2

it shows exactly what modding the sims is all about in a simple picture

why a new one is needed escapes me....as the saying goes: if it aint broke, dont fix it
Ice Princess
#25 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:28 PM
I kind of prefer the old logo myself. But thump-a-Delphy would be nice lol.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 4