Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 11:37 PM
Default Hard-coded age restriction?
I've been trying to make a mod to enable a bunch of actions for all ages through an additional menu and then restrict a few additional ones for other ages (mostly due to animation breaking), but I ran into problems, possibly with the age restrictions.
For a start I wanted to enable everything for everyone and then go from there (which is how I made my mods in previous games) but I noticed that a lot of actions do not show up for every sim. I was told to add the string below to fix it, but it still doesn't seem to be working either:
Code:
<V t="sim_info">
<U n="sim_info">
<V t="specified" n="ages">
<L n="specified">
<E>BABY</E>
<E>TODDLER</E>
<E>CHILD</E> 
<E>TEEN</E>
<E>YOUNGADULT</E>
<E>ADULT</E> 
<E>ELDER</E> 
</L>
</V>
<E n="who">Actor</E>
</U>
</V>

I don't really trust the the guy that gave me the info so not sure if I'm missing something or there's a hard-coded restriction somewhere in the base game files, but I would really appreciate any help or info on this.
Or if possible, can you let me know where the core scripts/validations of the game actions are kept? Way back with The Sims 2 I had a similar issue and I just edited the game's core files directly, but here I cant seem to locate them either.