Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 12:07 AM
Default I've had enough
For the past few months I've been having this issue. Simply Clean Installer will only install partial of the downloads when it comes to packed lots and sims. Mostly furnished lots. I uninstall it reinstall it works for the first two or three tries. Then it starts messing up again. It's frustrating because I don't know what it is. It's happening to my moms pc and my laptop. I think it just might be the new version of Clean Installer too or maybe not. I just don't know but this is the error message that keeps popping up.

Am I the only one having this problem? I've been putting up with it for months! Though I'm just fed up with it now. Oh yeah it also does the same thing when trying to clean the packages out. It just won't do it or simply makes an empty packages.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 12:12 AM
Which other processes are running on your computer? Specifically, the error says that some other process is using localpackages.txt.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Which other processes are running on your computer? Specifically, the error says that some other process is using localpackages.txt.

Truth be told I do not know. It just happens do you want me take a screen shot of my Task Manager, next time? I'm not sure exactly what you mean, how would I find out what is using the localpackages.txt.
Site Helper
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 4:26 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 23rd Jun 2012 at 1:34 AM.
There are two likely culprits:
- Anti virus software.
- A hung copy of the Clean Installer.

To see whether it's your anti-virus, turn off the anti-virus temporarily. If the Clean Installer starts working, see whether you can tell the anti-virus to avoid scanning that file.

To see whether you have a hung version of the Clean Installer, try rebooting your computer.

If neither of those work, I believe that you'll want to download the ProcessExplorer from Microsoft:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...s/bb896653.aspx

I'll post instructions for the ProcessExplorer when I have the time to run it on my computer. Until then, try the other two potential solutions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 8:08 AM
Hmmm I put my Anti-Virus into to Snooze mode for five minutes I reinstalled the lots this time it worked. (For my moms PC) I'm was gone for the weekend, I'm not sure if the PC has been restarted or anything but so far temporarily turning off seemed to work. Thank you I need to check later with my laptop, if anything else goes wrong. -_- I just can't believe all this time, that could of been the issue. Hopefully this is the issue we've been experiencing.