Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2426 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
I'd very much like to see a mod that creates a "woohoo service" where you can just call them up and the NPC will woohoo with your sim for a fee. Mortimer Goth is awfully lonely, he could use some time with a nice lady.

http://backalleysims.com/adultsite/...o-Phone-Service
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2427 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 5:20 AM
Sometimes, I would like a hack that makes sims likely to turn down party invitations if they are sick. It would make controlling outbreaks so much easier.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2428 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 2:57 PM
I wish it were possible for SIms to bring their wardrobe with them when they move. My game does not like Sims buying clothes, and often crashes or freezes indefinitely, so re-buying everything if they move is really obnoxious.
Scholar
#2429 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I wish it were possible for SIms to bring their wardrobe with them when they move. My game does not like Sims buying clothes, and often crashes or freezes indefinitely, so re-buying everything if they move is really obnoxious.

that gets on my wick ALL THE TIME.. especially with my college YAs graduating!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#2430 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 3:51 PM
It's the worst! When going to uni it doesn't matter since they age up and get new clothes, but YA and adult clothing are the same in my game (I made sure everything is available in both age groups), so not having them with you is just weird. And since my Sims change clothing a lot, it's actually a lot of simoleons they have to spend twice. I normally refund them for the clothes they owned at uni, but that doesn't help with the fact that my game crashes a lot and buying up a full wardrobe takes 4-5 times loading the game.
Mad Poster
#2431 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 4:05 PM
It sounds to me like you need to troubleshoot your clothing, gummilut. Or possibly change some settings on your computer? Allocate more RAM?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2432 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 4:50 PM
I have, many times. It's not just clothing, most play-catalogs (wardrobe, buying clothes, telephone, change appearance) are dangerous. My personal theory is that loading stuff requires more from the computer, and sometimes my computer can't handle it. I've done all of the things we know of in terms of improving lag/crashes, but nothing helps. I'm guessing it's a hardware thing, some kind of compatibility. My speccs are well above what is required, but something doesn't play nice.

I've given up on trying to fix it by now, because I've tried everything. So instead I figure out where the problem is likely to occur, and work around them as best I can. And save frequently
Link Ninja
#2433 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:09 PM
I'd very much like to see a mod that creates a "woohoo service" where you can just call them up and the NPC will woohoo with your sim for a fee. Mortimer Goth is awfully lonely, he could use some time with a nice lady.

I Can simulate this with ACR, simblender, and the send funds hack. With the simblender you can just teleport any lovely NPC over, schmooze with them a bit because with ACR you don't have to get that high of a daily/lifetime relationship until you can 'casual woohoo' so you can have the two rock the bed/hot tub/etc. Then after the leave you can mail an amount of simoleons to the servicing NPC.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#2434 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 8:08 PM
You know how with AL townies can offer jobs to playable sims? I'd like a hack that granted that ability to playable sims who are in the top level or three of their careers. So Consort Capp could hire someone to start out as a mailroom clerk in his business, or Danny Pleasant could, as a coach, actually recruit potential players. I think I'd prefer to have it as one of the ask functions--like ask what your job is, etc, so I'd initiate it and it wouldn't be just random on the part of the sim when they aren't being played.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#2435 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 1:24 AM

I think that one already exists, but I could be wrong
Forum Resident
#2436 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucidity
I want a mod to make Sims SHUT UP ABOUT COLLEGE ALREADY. -snip -

Yes, I wish college was more of a thing of choice like in real life. I used to hate university until I got Cyjon's Semester Changes which shorten it.
Alchemist
#2437 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I love the read to option for toddlers, but when there are 2 or more, it takes too much time to read to each one individually. I would love to see a sim read to a small group at the same time. This would also be great for stories with a day care, or just a baby sitter entertaining the little rug rats.
I don't know anything about modding, but I always wondered if the Dragon Legend interaction could be cloned and edited to make the quoted wish possible.
Mad Poster
#2438 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 7:06 AM
This would be an unrealistically monumental thing for someone to take on, but it would be awesome to be able to have canals as well as streets- replace default vehicles with default watercraft, change the animations, change the neighborhood defaults etc, etc....

Come on, who wouldn't love to see a Sim-Venice?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#2439 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I don't know anything about modding, but I always wondered if the Dragon Legend interaction could be cloned and edited to make the quoted wish possible.

I don't know about modding either but that does sound like a great idea. Is the legend told to more than 1 sim at a time? It's been awhile since I've seen it.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Forum Resident
#2440 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 12:14 AM
Mod that allows all purchased custom clothes for households to not disappear from dresser after some time. This is not a game glitch from bad cc. It really does vanish after some playing time no matter how many outfits.
Inventor
#2441 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 19th Aug 2014 at 3:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I don't know about modding either but that does sound like a great idea. Is the legend told to more than 1 sim at a time? It's been awhile since I've seen it.

Yes. The Sea Chantey (which you learn from the ghost of Captain Dregg) and the Folk Song (the fourth tier of the Pleasure aspiration) can be used on multiple Sims too. For best results, start the [Dragon Legend / Sea Chantey / Folk Song] on one Sim, pause immediately, invite a whole mess of other Sims to Join, then unpause.

The Dragon Legend would probably be the best interaction to clone for a SIm reading to a herd of children, though. The other two interactions are probably too loud and rowdy for that.

Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
This would be an unrealistically monumental thing for someone to take on, but it would be awesome to be able to have canals as well as streets- replace default vehicles with default watercraft, change the animations, change the neighborhood defaults etc, etc....

Come on, who wouldn't love to see a Sim-Venice?

By some crazy coincidence, I was just thinking of that! My new themed homebrewed neighborhood is a tropical archipelago (where the natives are dealing with settlers and the encroaching forces of Western civilization...like Twikki Island, except I'm playing the indigenous islanders). The main neighborhood is an island, and so is every subhood. The shopping district's an island, the downtown's another island and the university's yet another island too. So I got to thinking, "How would a car go from island to island? I need some freakin' canoes, or boats in general!"

So yes, something to replace the roads and motor vehicles with waterways and boats would be nice.
Scholar
#2442 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:31 AM
I'd love a mod that would make glasses wearable with all clothing types except naked, but not visible while a Sim is actually in bed. It annoys me that my glasses-wearing Sims go around doing all their normal stuff -- reading, using computers, cooking, looking at stars or clouds, even driving if they're outgoing enough to go off to a comm lot while not entirely dressed -- without their glasses because they're doing it in PJs or undies. I make and eat breakfast (and sometimes eat dinner) and read or use the computer in my pyjamas a lot, but I can't see more than a blur of the screen without my glasses, have to hold normal-print books inches from my nose to read them without glasses, and wouldn't be safe in a kitchen without them! It's a bit weird, actually, because one can presume there were a fair amount of glasses-wearers involved in the making of the game (nerd stereotype, I know, but true of people who spend a lot of time in front of screens), but they got it that far off... And there's people who wear contacts when they're out, but swap them for glasses at the end of the day to give their eyes a break! They'd be wearing glasses with their PJs, but not with their regular clothes, and thus can't be simmified properly!
(How do storytellers get around this, by the way?)
Theorist
#2443 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 3:38 PM
Previously I mentioned 2 things I would love to see in game. One is children can walk to a community lot. It would be great if someone could create this with the addition of hiking, jogging and walk to school without requiring a teen or adult. I also wondered if it were possible to allow toddlers to walk (skill required) to lot along with either adult or teens, considering they can already walk and we could build a child/toddler equipped community lot using the visitor controller to keep out those who wouldn't need to be there. There are mods that allow kids to call a cab and another where toddlers, pups and kittens can ride too, along with parents and toddlers can use stairs. I love the walk to option and it seems that would be much less hassle than the taxi. My kids and toddlers are tired of being held prisoners in their own homes!

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#2444 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 9:25 PM
I want my Sim to be ablte to buy another Sim a drink from the bar on a community lot - just like he can buy somebody coffee - that would be nice.
Inventor
#2445 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:49 AM
Walking from lot to lot is cool, but you know how witches get to fly to other lots instead of walking? Vampires should be able to do that too. They have a friggin' bat form, for SimGod's sake!

(Vampires should get a mist form too. "Oh, there's a locked door on this lot I'm visiting? I can get past it. Mist form! Bee ar bee, lawl!" It would be especially handy against those jerkweed dormies who lock their doors after you lock your door, which you only did because the nitwits insist on coming into your room and cluttering your desk with their unfinished assignments, because you can only go to Buy Mode and dump their assignments in the snow outside so many times before it gets old.... )
Scholar
#2446 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:40 PM
When I saw the "Cats Hunt Roaches" mod here on MTS I was thinking "Hey, that's a really good reason to get a cat now!" Especially since I have the "Harder/Realistic Illness" mod from MATY, one small outbreak of the flu could wipe out an entire household in days if I leave them to their own devices. Eek!

Well, that got me thinking "How could dogs help out too?" Personally, I would love to see a mod where dogs could chase off burglars breaking in. It feels very simple, do-able, and extremely helpful! I'm always looking for more reasons to get pets.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Inventor
#2447 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:32 PM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 21st Aug 2014 at 8:51 PM.
Agreed. If I ever wanted to break into someone's house and steal something, only for an angry Rottweiler to jump up and greet me at the window while I was jimmying the door right next to it, I'd very strongly consider moving on to the next house.

So large dogs should have the same effect at detering burglars. Maybe small dogs could have that effect too; even though small dogs can't physically stop a burglar, they can be pretty daggumed noisy and can thus alert someone who can stop the burglar. That's why the Tibetans started to breed Lhasa Apsos about four-thousand years back: the little dogs would sound off and let the Buddhist monks inside know whenever they had any burglars, spies, assassins or other undesireables snooping around. My parents have an eight-year-old Lhasa Apso named Tibby. Even after all these years, whenever I get out of my car and start coming up the walk, that little bitch gets loud. So I try to avoid visiting my folks at 3 AM; for one, it's common courtesy, and for two, if Tibby wakes Dad up at oh-dark-thirty, he's coming outside with the shotgun. No one's stealing their house's copper pipes on Tibby's watch.

I definitely wouldn't trust a cat to guard a house against burglars, though. Against mice and bugs, yes. Against anything bigger than that, cats are useless.

As for the next thing on our hacky wish list? I haven't been playing very much TS2 for about a week now because of my other hobbies: roleplaying games and drawing. I've been posting and working some more on my forum-based Dungeons & Dragons 3.25 campaign, "The Fall and Rise of the House of Ainsley". I've also been doodling and sketching some fancy pictures for said D&D campaign, and on the side I've also been working on my upcoming Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game campaign, which I hope to soon be running at the Geek World store in Tyler. Yes, the Street Fighter game exists, and I have the complete collection of all its core books and supplements, plus the screen. My campaign's going to rock the hands off a clock.

So why can't TS2 have a Game Master's Screen for a Simmy-styled tabletop roleplaying game? You buy the Game Master's Screen for, say, Simerica's favorite roleplaying game, Sul-Sul: The Gerbitzing. You put the screen on a dinner table, you make sure that the table's surrounded by chairs, and you have one of your Sims use the screen. That Sim sits down behind the screen; he's now the game master. Then that Sim invites other Sims to Join, and they sit down in the other chairs at that table; they're now the players. Then the game master and the players all spawn sheets of paper and funny-looking dice on the table in front of them, and they start playing, and they all start getting Fun, Social, Comfort and Games enthusiasm. I'm not sure if a big map and a bunch of miniatures could spawn in the center of the table, given how TS2 handles its tables and its seating. But it would be nice.

Back in my Air Force years, a bunch of my buddies and I used to hijack the pool table in our barracks' second-floor dayroom for our weekly RPGs, one of which was "The Reign of the Shadow King," my three-year-long "D&D 1.5" campaign (a hybrid of Red Box D&D and AD&D). So maybe Sims could also use the Game Master Screen with a billiards table and some chairs around it. It would give Sims something to do with their billiards tables besides playing billiards, wouldn't it?
Lab Assistant
#2448 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
Well, that got me thinking "How could dogs help out too?" Personally, I would love to see a mod where dogs could chase off burglars breaking in. It feels very simple, do-able, and extremely helpful! I'm always looking for more reasons to get pets.

Been wanting this since Pets came out. I actually expected dogs to be able to do this. Got a large breed dog for my sims. Next time the burglar came, nothing. Not even a bark from the useless mutt! Been waiting for the wonderful "dogs can fight sims" mod ever since. Still hoping it comes!

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Mad Poster
#2449 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 5:30 AM
Things to allow your uber-wealthy Sims to have a lifestyle that would really be fitting for a billionaire. Think about it- the game has plenty of things available for your one-percent Sims, but what about the one percent of the one percent? Whether your fantastically loaded Sims tend more towards the Bill Gates philanthropists or the Donald Trump plutocrats, you can't deny that there is a different lifestyle for the people on the very top of the economic scale, and it'd be fun to be able to play them in a more realistic fashion (if anything in that lifestyle can be called "realistic!")

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#2450 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 5:58 AM
I don't know if it's been done, but I would love a hack that stops Sims from autonomously "performing [insert style here]" on instruments like the piano and so on. It gets old very quick seeing them shake the empty tips jar upside down and sigh sadly, mournfully shaking their head, when not a cent drops out.
Page 98 of 582