Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#4726 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:22 AM Last edited by chreai : 21st Aug 2014 at 8:33 AM.
Trying to get my Sim to dance at the Grind for 3 hours to complete an opportunity and he was almost there but then just stopped dancing. First thought it was due to negative moodlets so hit Ctrl and deleted them, clicked for him to start dancing again, which he danced for about 5 minutes and then stopped again. Clicked "Dance" again, same thing happened. Went through this several times but he just won't dance! What is wrong?!! Does anyone know?

UPDATE: OMG, never mind! Just discovered that it was because his fun was maxed! Yeah, I find this out after I said f*** it and got rid of the opportunity. Go figure. Man, I must be tired. 2:30 in the morning, clearly time to go to bed!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#4727 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
So, CAW. With EA probably going to (or already have) stopped supplying patches, will the tool become more stable or is making a world still as pleasant and easy as walking on burning coals?

At least you don't have to continue downloading new versions and I can hope for a mod fixing my eig won't open issue.
Lab Assistant
#4728 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Trying to get my Sim to dance at the Grind for 3 hours to complete an opportunity and he was almost there but then just stopped dancing. First thought it was due to negative moodlets so hit Ctrl and deleted them, clicked for him to start dancing again, which he danced for about 5 minutes and then stopped again. Clicked "Dance" again, same thing happened. Went through this several times but he just won't dance! What is wrong?!! Does anyone know?

UPDATE: OMG, never mind! Just discovered that it was because his fun was maxed! Yeah, I find this out after I said f*** it and got rid of the opportunity. Go figure. Man, I must be tired. 2:30 in the morning, clearly time to go to bed!

That's always bugged me. In real life, who ever says, "Nah, I've already had enough fun. I really don't want MORE fun."
Forum Resident
#4729 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by surfer85
That's always bugged me. In real life, who ever says, "Nah, I've already had enough fun. I really don't want MORE fun."

I know! That's just what I was thinking.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#4730 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:50 PM
Hey, I've noticed that when a sim goes to university, a huge file gets added to the save game folder and never goes away. Does this lead to the game slowing down, and can anything be done about it?
Scholar
#4731 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 2:51 PM

Change "fun" to "funny" and the quote is EA's reasoning for TS4 Laughter Death.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
dodgy builder
#4732 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:56 PM
I guess asking if I can post here is a stupid question, so here goes: Can I post now?

I could, hm interesting
Inventor
#4733 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:10 PM
Why are all my sims really fucking drunk every time I switch households?

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Mad Poster
#4734 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders

Do they have one of those hobo booze bottles in their inventory? - my sim likes to have a little nip before she starts her day of Daycare providing.
Mad Poster
#4735 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:14 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 22nd Aug 2014 at 11:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders

Do you have University installed? I've noticed if I switch to an inactive Sim they may have the Buzzed and Studious (or whatever from group study) moodlets for some reason even in the regular base hoods.
Someone reported it over at MATY for Pescado to look at but I don't know if anything was ever done.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#4736 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:46 PM
Why is it pets can swim in a pool but not the ocean or a pond ?

You only live once make the most of it..:)
One Minute Ninja'd
#4737 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
Why is it pets can swim in a pool but not the ocean or a pond ?

Well, they can swim in in ground fountains, which sims can't do.

Maybe their legs are too short to swim in the ocean?

And on the same topic, how come horses can't swim at all?
Alchemist
#4738 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:30 PM
Hey, I've noticed that when a sim goes to university, a huge file gets added to the save game folder and never goes away. Does this lead to the game slowing down, and can anything be done about it?

Well, yes... kind of!

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#4739 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, they can swim in in ground fountains, which sims can't do.

Calling it now - TS4 Pets will come before TS4 Pools and the pets will be able to swim in the fountains.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Instructor
#4740 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:14 AM Last edited by lindali365 : 24th Aug 2014 at 7:34 AM.

From what I've read, the game will only read one file at a time. Either your home world when your sim is in the home world, or the University world when they are at university. It's the same as when Sims travel to China, France and Egypt (if you have World Adventures). Those extra files should not slow down your game.

I've deleted those travel files in the past (on an older/smaller computer) and I believe that it caused my Sim to loose her home in China. The thumbnails of her foreign friends also went blank, but she could still call them.

If you want to test for yourself to see what changes if you delete that file, create a backup/copy of that saved game, delete the files and replace with the original save if you aren't happy with the results.

Thanks for the heads-up about University Life adding those files too. When I get that EP, I won't be surprised when I see them appear.

ETA addn'l info: If you delete TravelDB.package files, you may loose memories, images, photos, etc permanently so be certain that you want to delete something for good before sending a file/folder off to the recycle bin. A backup copy is a good thing to have, just in case.
Field Researcher
#4741 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 2:30 PM
Does anyone know why they had put a "non-hair" ("bald"!) hair-style for toddlers in the base game? Are there bald toddlers in real life? I don't think so unless it's because of a cancer treatment which is truly sad and depressing and I don't suppose the sims games would go there.
I can't stand seeing Leighton's kid who starts the game bald and I always edit his hairstyle. In an old Sunset Valley save all townies' toddlers (Sam Sekemoto, Sandi French, Keaton and Ursine toddlers) were bald. Was that a bug???
Instructor
#4743 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 12:09 PM
Is there a way to set gender preferences for sims? I know sims are asexual and can go both ways when new save is started, but can you make the sims only like (in a romantic way) the same gender?
Alchemist
#4744 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
Is there a way to set gender preferences for sims? I know sims are asexual and can go both ways when new save is started, but can you make the sims only like (in a romantic way) the same gender?

Twallan's Master Controller (the cheats -module) has a gender preference option.
Alchemist
#4745 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:47 AM
If Sims die of scuba diving or shark, where will the tombstone remain? Will it stay underwater?

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
#4747 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
I'm guessing that if you came from an houseboat, the tombstone would be in the houseboat too. But if you were just scuba-diving, the tombstone will prolly be in the inventory of whoever "inherited" the inventory stuff from the person who died.

What if he's the only person in the household? I guess the tombstone would be presented to his friend. Or probably it will be sent to the mausoleum.

Just call me Nikel
Inventor
#4749 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:41 PM Last edited by StupidFlanders : 30th Aug 2014 at 4:36 PM.
I feel like I'm really nagging everyone about my computer being a dick and forcing me to reinstall everything, but yeah, I reinstalled my sims-games leaving the save files intact. The issue is that I currently don't have some of the games which kind of makes my favorite save glitch out a little. One of my sims and his entire family just disappeared only to be found in the relationship-panel of a random townie, the odd thing being that I don't have world adventures or university installed right now, so my question is: Where the fuck is he? I can't find him or his family with Master Controller, my sim can not invite him over or interact in any way with him except from the "long distance calls".

I had this entire back-story thought up and I even made him a creepy little sister and hes gone.

edit: Hey, this is kind of like when Bella disappeared... remember those good old days?

another edit: Is there any mod or something that can help me locate and bring back him and his family? This is pretty important to me, this guy killed the Grim Reaper five times so I know hes a keeper.
Screenshots

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Mad Poster
#4750 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:50 PM
My sim spent a lot of time potty training her daycare brood. And the kids will autonomously use the potties - then they crap their diapers anyway. Is potty training different for the daycare profession?
Page 190 of 385