Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 186 (Who?), Viewed: 107903 times.
Page 8 of 8
Test Subject
#176 Old 21st May 2013 at 11:17 PM
Default Very odd CAW problem
I have a working CAW. Everything works. It is compatible to my games. The problem is
that I can't get to the bottom of the paint column. I can't get to the color box. Since I can't get to it, it remains at 0 and acts as an eraser. I need to move the color slider.

I have a Dell computer and phoned Dell. A worker worked on this problem for a long, long time with no results.

Is there another way to move the eraser function?

Thank you
Instructor
#177 Old 24th May 2013 at 5:49 AM
This is what I get when I open the terrain paint menu. What is different with yours? A picture like this would be great, I just used my snipping tool to capture it.

Screenshots
Scholar
#178 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 10:16 AM
Just to let to know all the CAW creators. EA finally released a new Patch 1.55, if you are in the middle of creating a world. You have no choice but to update your game and download the new CAW. I downloaded and installed the new CAW and has had no issues opening. Don't forget to back-up your Worlds and textures.

Retired Community Lot Creator for Mod The Sims. I moved on uploading my creations in my website and The Sims 4 Gallery.
www.romerjon17productions.com

Ansett4Sims is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2014
Instructor
#179 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 2:15 PM
What about the pause in EIG? Has anybody found any way to fix it?
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 11:15 PM
OK think I need soome help or at least I'm sure I'm in need of help before i start to cry.

I have a world i have been working on it a lot of time because it is one thing my heart needed to do for sims, and everything worked well until tonight.

I just finished my "In Game" Styling time i finished a Vampire Lounge after 5 Hours working on it, and then i wanted to do some lots in the CAW itself, because I'm doing it the way i need it. (Before i did I made a new save, i'm doing 2 or 3 different saves at one day because i know about the crap that can happen with the damn CAW etc.) well when i was doing the Lots marking thing, it started to crash, i'd reload and made another new file after i finished the Lot thingy and then I wanted to have a look at in in the in game stuff. Yes I got an Error Message while loading it, only choice was to end it, then i reloaded the CAW and tried to load my world in and i got error message, i got error message with every file I tried to load, even with a clean folder without any DL's in it.

It's the same like mentoined in post 66 does anyone have a clue how i could fix it and to make CAW open my world again, i don't care if its opening the latest file, since i have some more i could use instead, but i don't want to loose it all in the end.

They tell us everything's alright and we just go along;
How can we fall asleep at night when something's clearly wrong?
When we can feed a starving world with what we throw away;
But all we serve are empty words that always tastes the same...

Nickelback - When We Stand Together
In the Arena
staff: retired moderator
#181 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 5:18 PM
I found another cause of crashings and its solution.

So, I had the CAW Defogger overrride by auntielynds, and while working on Lunar Lakes, I had forgotten to remove the _INI resources that contain the Fog data, and I get this error:

Notice the error of "7" exceeding the Maximum while the Cloudiness slider is all the way to the right? That was my first clue that something is conflicting. After I remove all the _INI resources in the .world file that contains any mention of Fog data, the crashings went away.

Surprisingly this issue didn't affect the earlier worlds when I forgot to do the same thing (for Monte Vista and Sunlit Tides), but I did use a newly redownloaded version of Lunar Lakes. Maybe EA changed something...they do have the tendency of making changes and not advertising that fact, nor what exactly it was that was changed (or require fixing).
Screenshots
Test Subject
#182 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 5:56 AM
Hopefully I get a reply. CAW updated fine, and is working perfectly in the actual tool. But when I go to use Edit in Game, it loads through the first loading screen. Then the next one, that stupid new thing where you can find different items, loads just about all the way to the end with very little left to load. And just sits there. The finder game or whatever you want to call it, shuffles through from "puzzle to puzzle" and I can click on all the items. But it just won't load past that. Any one else having this problem?
In the Arena
staff: retired moderator
#183 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 6:22 AM
Urm, turn it off?
You can do that manually via the Options.ini if the game cannot even load now. For a guide, see the Crashing Checklist in my signature. It has a section on editing Options.
Test Subject
#184 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 1:27 AM
I downloaded the Sims 3 CAW from the sims 3 website. I downloaded it just fine, but when I click it only the CAW loading screen appears for a second and nothing happens. It wont load at all. I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it but it does the same thing. CAW worked fine until I updated it and now it wont load. Any help would be appreciated. I do not get any error message or anything.
Test Subject
#185 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 4:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora_Elizabeth24
I downloaded the Sims 3 CAW from the sims 3 website. I downloaded it just fine, but when I click it only the CAW loading screen appears for a second and nothing happens. It wont load at all. I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it but it does the same thing. CAW worked fine until I updated it and now it wont load. Any help would be appreciated. I do not get any error message or anything.

I have the exact same problem and it's really annoying! I've tried everything but nothing works -.-'
Test Subject
#186 Old 17th May 2014 at 12:33 AM
i can download and install just fine but when i cl;ick the icon it just says sims 3 create a world is not responding ive tried waitiong it out and nothing im on a windows 7 my sims games work just fine i have BG, WA, GN, SUP, LN AND all but aurora skies in the worlds
Test Subject
#187 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:52 PM Last edited by Shia Pólux : 21st Sep 2014 at 2:48 PM.
I have a problem that I think is not listed (Or maybe yes, I'm spanish and I may have don't recall it).

When I open Edit in Game a black screen appears and my mouse changes to the 'wainting' mode. After like 30 minutes (if the "sims 3 has stoped working" menssage doesn't appear) it shows the usual Sims 3 screen of charge, then that new charge screen where you have to found the things the say (maybe 20 minutes together) and then it appears another black screen with a normal mouse. After a lot of time the life mode appears (sometimes it goes back to the black screen without letting me do nothing), I select the 'edit world' option and it goes back to the frst black screen with the 'wainting' mouse. I have tried a docen of times, and always happens one of these.

I have the lattest patch and the lattest version, windows 8 and (i think) the graphics set on 'high resolution'. I'm dessesperate. I have waited two moths in order to have a new computer and continue with my custom world, but it seens like I won't be abble. I want to cry.

Edit:

Ok, now it doesn't even past that first black screen, exactly half an hour after opening it the "sims 3 has stoped working" menssage appears.

Even my game... It keep that screen for hours, without showing the intro. Maybe is the resolution? There is any way to change it without entering the game?
Test Subject
DELETED POST
12th Nov 2014 at 4:55 PM
This message has been deleted by WTFEVERYTHINGISTAKEN.
Page 8 of 8

Section jump