Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#51 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:19 PM Last edited by armiel : 17th Jul 2010 at 9:00 AM.
Default Modern breeze by armiel
Here is my entry to the challenge. I called it Modern breeze

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1279281871

The house is very modern looking, calm shades of blue with black and white. Landscaping follows the modern line. Big flowerbeds give it warmth and more color. Low white fences keep everything nice and clean.

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1279282125

The back of the house has a patio with bbq, resting and a pool. The clean lines are followed on this side too, keeping the look united.

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1279282221

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1279282125

I tried to keep the floorplan very open. There is a small kitchen corner...

...Cosy livingroom...

... A bedroom for 2...

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1279353470

... and a bathroom... (no picture of that one, sorry :P)

I used absolutely no CC or store content. The house is base game compatible and I might upload it little later on. Build time little under 2 hours :P

I am not really any story teller, so I hope you got enough info in this little post.

EDIT:
I changed the collage picture to that other picture of the bedroom, cause of the no collage pictures rule posted (clarified) later on this thread.
Advertisement
Inventor
#52 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:32 PM
I must say I really enjoyed this. It's definitely different having to completely come up with a floor plan cause I generally follow house plans when I build.

Here's my entry.

Opted to just do a one level so it's a nice cozy little 2 bedroom house. I followed the same general color scheme throughout. Nice bright happy colors.
The kitchen and living room are open to each other so it's small but doesn't seem as cramped. We have a master bathroom open off the master bedroom. A small laundry room.
And there's one other bathroom as well. Along with a study at the front of the foundation that is separate from the house. A little home office so to speak.

And out back we have a pool with a little flower bed right against the house.
No CC was used. It was all base game and expansion items along with the Ultra Lounge kitchen items from the store. So all official.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#53 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:04 PM
This is my entry:

The Lynahan Manor is a small 19th century manor built in the slopes of Sunset Valley's hills.

It's built in masonry, stone and wood. Although the exterior is antique, the interior is modern furnished.

It has two floors with one kitchen, one living room, two bathrooms and three bedrooms: 1 double and two singles.

It has NO custom content.

I hope you like it ^^

Front View

Floor Plans

Backyard

Living Room

Kitchen

Main Bedroom

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#54 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:36 PM
These houses all look great. <3 Good job everyone.
Is there any chance of something like this happening for those of us still in medieval times (read: those of us who are playing TS2)? The ten CC maximum might hurt me, but I'd still be willing to give a shot.
Scholar
#55 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:59 PM
@ DM: HP said it may come to light after this is over, pending a staff member who still runs Sims 2 being willing to host - she put the full notice/explanation in the Site News thread for the contest.

I'm still working on mine - first time I've even TOUCHED the Build/Buy mode in Sims 3 (and I've only delved into Live Mode a half-dozen times, so I'm pretty basic on the game), and those finicky little UCP controls for the camera are driving me NUTS (plus I'm not a huge fan of CASt), so it's slow-going. I'm going to try and work on it after my shift finishes tonight and then hopefully be done for pic uploading tomorrow!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:36 PM Last edited by Waterstar : 16th Jul 2010 at 5:38 PM. Reason: Oh dear... the houses...
I'll see what I can do. ;3

EDIT: Err... seeing some of these houses... I'm no match for them! I'll still try even though I'm pretty basic still on houses
Scholar
#57 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:37 PM
Having the count down clock is really good.
Site Helper
#58 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:40 PM
After a bit of experimentation in my game, I discovered that where you place the lot seems to affect the orientation of it. If it's adjacent to an east/west street it seems to spin. I don't know about North/South streets, because I'm using Build Town from Bog Sims to build in and it's full of corners. The lot doesn't fit on the lots that are only adjacent to North/south streets.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#59 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:59 PM
Huh wow, you set me a wild fire now...Ok then, leave my other projects and start building, we have a contest here!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:00 PM
Arg I hate that long bit of the foundation on the right side. So.. bland. Struggling not to add anything to break up the erm, longness.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:14 PM
I'm joining! I know exactly what I'm doing for this - down to the last detail! Muahaha!

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#62 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:31 PM
I'd love to join! I can't wait, sounds like fun
Mad Poster
#63 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:47 PM
i've been doing a fair amount of building lately, myself. i think this sims 3 contest is perfect for the first one.

hopefully i'll get some pictures and join in as well.
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:11 PM
Sounds fun, I want to join!
The other one
#65 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:57 PM Last edited by missroxor : 18th Jul 2010 at 8:54 PM. Reason: Update
Default Round One Entry
Round One Entry: Contemporary Suburbia

As the name vaguely suggests, Contemporary Suburbia is a spacious and modern family home. The interior is decorated with fresh and vibrant colours and designs befitting a young progressive couple or family.

Upon entering this property you will find yourself in a spacious entrance hall off which is the kitchen/diner and family living area. From the entrance hall you will also find the solid pine spiral staircase which is at the very heart of this home. It transports you up to the family sleeping quarters past the balcony opening onto the family living area below.

To the rear of the house there is a summer BBQ/party area and contemporary pool adorned on three sides with luscious flora. At the front of the house is the perfect spot to sit in quiet contemplation between the fountain and the decorative pond.

First Floor:
Entrance Hall
Kitchen/Diner
Utility Room
Living Area
W.C.

Second floor:
Master bedroom with balcony and adjoining family bathroom
Nursery

Outdoors:
2 car driveway
Pool
BBQ Area with seating
Pond

Whilst various store and buydebug items were used, no CC was used on this Lot.

Street View
Floor Plans
Living Room
Kitchen
Bedroom
Bonus #1
Bonus #2
Bonus #3

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Field Researcher
#66 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:01 PM Last edited by rainbowtwilight : 16th Jul 2010 at 8:45 PM.
if there is still room, I'd like to join as well

edit: ok cool, thanks
Inventor
#67 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rainbowtwilight
if there is still room, I'd like to join as well

As long as you've got it in before the deadline you're still good to go

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:44 PM
My entry
This is an oldfashion small luxyry house. It has an old fashion exterior with modern interior. It has room for 4 sims in the 2 bedrooms and 1 nursury. The master bedroom has one doublebed. and ther is one boys room and a girls nursury. And it has a roomy backyard with a large playground and a pool.

The exterior.
Floorplans

Ground floor

Second floor

Upstairs livingroom.

Main bedroom

Kitchen

Backyard

Upstairs veranda.

Main bathroom.

No cc. only store items.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:07 PM
I really want to participate to this contest. But I'm very slow in creating the lot and uploading so I think I'm going to wait for round 2.

Creator and owner of SimsShine
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:11 PM
Entries added up until this point - please let me know if I missed someone!

missroxor - Yes, you may use buydebug items.

Anyone else who has already posted an entry: - Please make sure you indicate whether or not you used CC, and if so, how much/which items, please. I think a couple of the initial entries left out that info.

And now, I'm going to bed! So excited about the entries thus far and can't wait to see what'll be waiting for me to look at when I get up! You guys rule.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsShine
I really want to participate to this contest. But I'm very slow in creating the lot and uploading so I think I'm going to wait for round 2.
I don't think you can just wait. I think that yo have to have entered round 1 to participate in round 2.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 10:21 PM
Oh wow these all look amazing . . . . I am going to start mine on monday lol lets see how that goes!!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 10:51 PM
Starting mine today!! Finally a contest I can really get into! I love to build houses.

*Newness coming.....*
Forum Resident
#74 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:41 PM
Your house looks fantastic, but is that the front? It doesn't look the way the front should for the foundation or maybe I'm just blind and the dark doesn't help.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:47 PM
does it have to be sims 3 cuz it sucks.

Go Super Mario Project bu Rapsheba!

Page 3 of 12