Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:54 PM Last edited by Delphy : 26th Jun 2009 at 8:37 PM.
Default Sims 3 Modding News - 25th June 2009
With the release of The Sims 3, and the flurry of activity it has created, we have instituted a regular front page update for modding news and new tools. If you are interested in more information, please click on the links below.

CAS:
  • Delphy has released the CAS Texture Unitool that aims to let you create designs on T-Shirts and such. Keep in mind that it is still in Beta; so bookmark the link for updates. There are also new tutorials for Create a Sim artists. See: CAS Tools and Tutorials
Patterns:
  • There are two new tools available for custom pattern creation: Delphy's Pattern Packager, and The Sims 3 Workshop.
    Each program is a bit different. Try both to see which one better suits your needs. There are also 4 new tutorials on pattern creation. See: Pattern Tools and Tutorials
Meshing:
  • Wes Howe is doing work with Milkshape plug-ins at Custom Sims 3. He has also written a tutorial, available at the same site. Meshing Tools and Tutorials
Building:
  • Feldynn has written a very useful tutorial on roofing, to create a basic roof with different slope angles, and aphexZero has a tutorial showing us how to build an aquarium pool in The Sims 3. Find them in the Build Section. It's also worth noting that many TS2 build tricks and techniques work exactly the same in TS3 (for example, building a walk-out basement).
Installation/Content Tools:
  • Lots of new tools for installing sims 3 content such as Delphy's Install Monkey and Marhis' Installation tool for Mac users. Click here for more info on all the new installation tools.
General Modding:
If you want to talk about Sims 3 modding or to join in some of the discussion threads, please see our Sims 3 Modding Discussion section.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:27 AM
I am STILL amazed with the talent found here, great work everyone!

ClicknPsycho
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#3 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:37 PM
You guys are awesome!
I didn't expect anything like this to be released for another five months.

Freaking awesome!
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 10:30 PM
Cool programs That was soo quick!
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:09 PM
All efforts will be wasted because of the latest patch 1.2.7.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:14 PM
gyxter: If you'd even checked some of the mods you'd know that many of them are already updated to work with the patch. Stating that everything will be wasted is absolutely NOT true.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 2:00 AM
Where their is a Will, Their is a WAY