Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 1st May 2005 at 7:44 PM
Thanks for your good tips
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 3rd May 2005 at 6:32 PM
Hi my name is Shelley and ive been having the sim game since dec. i uninstall it because something was wrong with it i installed it again and for disk 3 and 4 it says for disk 3 that object.00 can not go into the media and same for disk 4 excepte its another object,i clean the cds and everything and it still wont work, do you think the tip you gave us will fix it?
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd May 2005 at 6:45 PM
Default here is my problem.

Ive been doing my best to make this thing work for prolly 5 months now
and its still not working and i love this game so if ANYONE know what to do please tell me.
Test Subject
#54 Old 3rd May 2005 at 6:57 PM
I had the same thing! But I just cleaned all the discs and the problem was gone.. :\
Test Subject
#55 Old 3rd May 2005 at 6:59 PM
what did u clean it with?
Inventor
#56 Old 7th May 2005 at 11:06 PM
I just found out about about the groups.cache the hard way ... took me half a day and a ton of nerves. Serves me right, since I managed to completely miss this thread.

And out of curiosity: just what does this blasted file do (or is supposed to do) anyway?
Instructor
#57 Old 7th May 2005 at 11:18 PM
I had the problem with the game errors during installation. I had put in more memory chips and for some crazy reason the game will not install nor run if the memory chips aren't the same size. I had two 512 and two 256....after I un-installed the two 256 chips the game installed and ran fine.
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th May 2005 at 6:01 PM
ok where do i found the chips?
#59 Old 10th May 2005 at 6:50 AM
Default Loads but won't play...
Well, guys...

I've tried everything I could find on this forum and I still can't enter any home (the hourglass just turns & turns forever until I Cntrl-Alt-Delete) I can enter houses in University but can't get any Simes to move.

Any 'other' quick cures? (I've removed all the 'bad' pkgs)
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 12th May 2005 at 5:47 AM
THANK U 4 this "quick fix"! If I had 2 do a full reinstalled I would have probably tossed this game ion the can (NOT!!!). Seriously, it took me about 3 weeks 2 get "University" installed the first time....didn't want 2 go through that headache again!!!!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 12th May 2005 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by additivesim

Ive been doing my best to make this thing work for prolly 5 months now
and its still not working and i love this game so if ANYONE know what to do please tell me.

I had this problem too (while trying 2 install UNI). I had 2 install the Sims patch first and then UNI. It didn't install right away..took me about 3 weeks of trying and it finally installed!
Test Subject
#62 Old 12th May 2005 at 9:27 PM
lol well its taken me some months.
#63 Old 14th May 2005 at 7:16 PM
Cn sum1 plz plz plzzz help me!!!
now... i no its probs impossible bt i jst wnt dat 2 b confirmd b4 i giv up on my beloved neighbouhood!
basically, i accidentaly 4gt 2 save my game 4 pleasentview n den i uninstald d game 2 gt bak d user data 4 strangetown...
BIG MISTAKE
So now ive gt all my neighbourhoods except plasentview bt dat woz my fave n d 1 i did d most work on!!
so is dere ne way in d hole entire world i cn gt dem bak, coz i dnt wana hav 2 do it all agen!
n i no dat im probs askin u 2 do magic bt i jst gta no it nt possible!
(n dnt larf @ me 4 bein so silly! - feel sorri 4 me! I hav exams!)
plz let me no! even if all u do is say 'ha ha. dat nt gna happen'
-x-
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th May 2005 at 10:33 PM
ok...what if you unistalled and now nothing works? i dont have pleasentville, strange or the other 1. and i also have Uni and that doesnt work either. please help!. im afraid ive lost everything, and i wont be able to play again
#65 Old 20th May 2005 at 4:44 AM
All I can say is I could So Kiss you right now

I have been having a Fit trying to figure out why the heck this thing would not load I removed what I had just added which included a 4.00 a set I paid for I might add and Nothing
I was just about to Uninstall and start clean when I remember this and came searching tried the removal of the one file wham all done After sitting here for 30 minutes darn near removing downloads I might add.

Now it loads like a charm
Now back to putting all my goodies back in
THANKS So Much
April
Test Subject
#66 Old 31st May 2005 at 4:36 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! your tip will help me out tremendously!!! Hope it works!!! :yippee:
#67 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 7:23 AM
Thanks so much for the tips! I have re-installed TS2 so many times it was starting to get boring re-making the same families again and again!
xxx
#68 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 3:31 PM
Default Um, I've stuffed up...
Hey,
I was hoping someone could help me with this. I am at an absoloute loss...
So, I wanted to re-install the sims 2 without losing all my game data. I cut and pasted it onto the desktop, uninstalled the sims 2. I then reinstalled the sims 2, but now it keeps coming up with this error: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe Microsoft Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
What on earth permissions do I need? What have I done? I have reinstalled it twice now and the same thing keeps happening. I don't particulary care anymore about keeping the files. I just want the game to work again.
Please help if you can.
Cheers
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 5:47 AM
I have to give this a try. I have re-installed so many times, it's ridiculous! My main problem seems to be Uni, everything was working fine until I installed it. My people freeze in front of the house as soon as I put them in a house. They stay there and dont do anything. It's very aggrevating!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Test Subject
#70 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 5:52 PM Last edited by Miserabu : 15th Jul 2005 at 6:01 PM.
If someone could help me please...
I cut and pasted the EA GAMES file as stated, and now my game and TS2 bodyshop work, but all of the stuff in the downloads folder seems to not be working. I pasted the stuff that I knew for sure was 'pure' into the downloads file, but it's not working.
What can I do to fix this?

------
Nevermind, I fixed it. :D
Sorry about that.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:38 AM Last edited by x_ruthless_x : 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:44 AM.
I know my post is alot later than everyone elses on here but I am hoping someone can help me with this.. Everytime I try to load my game I get the lil window with the red X in it.. I deleted the groups.cache file and still same thing.. So I tried to move my The sims 2 folder away from my documents.. Still same problem.. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled everything.. I lost all my downloads and all.. Will someone please help me.. I love this game and I am missing playing it..
When i moved my the sims 2 folder out of my documents and tried to restart the game it did not re-create all the folders.. And all my downloads are not showing up.. I have tried all day and most of tonight uninstalling and reinstalling.. Each time I have tried to instal a diff custom content file and it is not showing up in the downloads folder.. And another thing is before my game crashed I used the sims filemaid and the sims 2 pack custom installer.. They are both having errors now too.. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling them too.. I need serious help.. :confused:
Test Subject
#72 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anneka
Cn sum1 plz plz plzzz help me!!!
now... i no its probs impossible bt i jst wnt dat 2 b confirmd b4 i giv up on my beloved neighbouhood!
basically, i accidentaly 4gt 2 save my game 4 pleasentview n den i uninstald d game 2 gt bak d user data 4 strangetown...
BIG MISTAKE
So now ive gt all my neighbourhoods except plasentview bt dat woz my fave n d 1 i did d most work on!!
so is dere ne way in d hole entire world i cn gt dem bak, coz i dnt wana hav 2 do it all agen!
n i no dat im probs askin u 2 do magic bt i jst gta no it nt possible!
(n dnt larf @ me 4 bein so silly! - feel sorri 4 me! I hav exams!)
plz let me no! even if all u do is say 'ha ha. dat nt gna happen'
-x-

Your keyboard seems to be skipping letters quite a bit, maybe that is causing your problem? :P

Seriously though, if you backed up your downloads folder and put it back correctly, I'm not sure why Pleasantview has been reset.

If you didn't save on just one lot, that shouldn't cause the whole Neighborhood to go back to the defaults. Anyone else have any ideas on this one?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 12:25 AM
Ruthless: I have had similar problems with my game, and the tip about the registry cleaner was the only thing that helped me. I had to run the registry cleaner on my system, have it fix my problem files and then reinstall, but thank heavens it DID reinstall.

I sincerely hope this helps you! Good luck!
Test Subject
#74 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 8:23 PM
Just wanted to add that this also happens when you have more
than one account with windows. All users have there own My Documents/
EA Games folder which is created when each user first loads the game.
Page 3 of 3