Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:57 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Feb 2009 at 12:44 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Quicktime 7.6 issue -- Feb 22: Some Aspyr fixes available
Quicktime 7.6 is currently not compatible with The Sims 2 under OSX 10.4.11. I would strongly suggest to skip the upgrade to 7.6 until this is resolved. Many thanks to everyone who looked into this!

Please see this thread for more info / discussion of the issue.

Related threads on other sites:

discussions.apple.com -- Quicktime 7.6 causes Sims 2 crash
macfixit.com -- QuickTime 7.6 breaks games and add-ons: Downgrading to Quicktime 7.5.5
MATY -- Oops! QuickTime broke it! (Mac issue)

Most recent info from Aspyr that I could find (from the thread on apple.com):
Quote:
We are aware of the current issues in 10.4.11 that appear to be the result of the new QuickTime 7.6 update. We are currently working with Apple to find the cause and solution to this problem. Usually, when a QuickTime update causes problems, Apple will provide an update to 7.6 or a rollback to 7.5.
Unfortunately, since QuickTime is an integral part of the Mac OS, it is almost impossible to just uninstall the problematic version of QuickTime and install the old one. Apple has been informed of the problem, and we are working with them to get this problem resolved as soon as possible.

Please only post in this sticky with important, new information (like Aspyr/Apple releasing a fix, or important new links) -- use the thread linked above for discussion, I believe that will make it easier for "newcomers" to find the important bits. Thank you =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 12:40 AM
Aspyr has announced Quicktime 7.6 fixes for several games, among them:

# The Sims 2
# The Sims 2 University
# The Sims 2 Nightlife
# The Sims 2 Pets
# The Sims 2 Open for Business
# The Sims 2 Seasons
# The Sims 2 Bon Voyage

Available as of now are fixes for Base Game, Nightlife, and University.

See http://support.aspyr.com/ for up-to-date info.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Locked thread | Locked by: whiterider Reason: Information only