Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

The Sims 3 - Assembly Generator - 1.4.2.13213 (+support Island Paradise or Earlier)

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 97 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 55,813 Views
Uploaded: 18th Sep 2009 at 8:25 AM
Updated: 27th Feb 2017 at 1:38 AM
Requires Microsoft .Net 4.0 Framework
Current Application Version: 1.4.2.13213 (Download - 7z) (Download - Zip)

Latest Version of S3PIWrapper: 1.3.2.16 (Download - 7z) (Download - Zip)-- Just extract this into this apps folder (allow all files to be overwritten) [this, among other things, provides Expansion pack support for new EP(s)]

From within the application you can view the ChangeLog by clicking Help -> About, then click the changelog link.

Easy-Installer Version has been removed (download the non-installer)

Known Issues (all versions):
  • Some times the user may get an 'Access Denied to Path' error or similar, when trying to directly read/write to files in the 'Program files' folder.
    Causes:
    1. Trying to open a file in Read/Write mode (.package files in the game directory) [fixed in application, (should be), by opening them in ReadOnly mode] -- This may be an issue with the user not have sufficent security/file permissons on the game folders.
    2. The Application attempts to create new directories or files in 'Program Files' folder (under the application's path), and the user may not have sufficent security/file permissons on the game folders.
    Work-Arounds:
    1. Try running the application as administrator
    2. Try running the application from another folder (that you have full-rights to, not in 'program files', example: your 'Documents Folder'.
    3. For working with package files under the game folder, you may need to copy the .package files, to another location such as the desktop or another location -- repeat what you were trying to do, [copy them back, if you were updating them] --> Please Try the first two, before trying this one.

If you are getting blank/empty dlls when compiling: (size may be 4kb [as reported by a user])

1) Please be sure that you created a new project
2) After you create a new project / open an existing project
PLEASE BE SURE TO: Add a new source file to project by right-clicking on the project-tree and choosing "Add new source file" via the context-menu.
3) You will have to add some valid (C#/VB.net Source code) [depending on the project type you selected when creating the new proejct] to any new source files before compiling
4) Try loading an example project and compiling that (file->open example project)

After following the steps above and are still getting blank/empty dlls ...
please do the following:
  1. Create a new zip-file
  2. Zip-up your project folder
  3. Zip-up the project "log" folder (this is in the same folder as the main
    executable)
  4. Zip-up your compiled dlls (if not zipped-up with the project folder)
  5. Add all of this to the zip file you created at step 1
  6. Attach your zip file (containing all of the above) to post under the comments section. ** When create or editing a post, if you scroll down you will see a button labeled "manage attachments", this will allow you to attach files to a post.
  7. Send me a PM regarding the new post and that you have posted logs/etc (in a zip-file).

Versions: 1.2.3549.38090 and later, contain an Error/Informational message logger, that will generate logs (automatically on exit, or by the user saveing it to a log file) that can be ziped up and submitted to me as a sort-of bug report/error report. These logs contain informational messages from the application, error mesages will be inter-sparsed in this log (with call stack information included); so that, I see what you were, exactly, doing so I can re-generate the error and locate the problem code.

When an error or problem occurs, please zip-up these log files and do the following:
  1. Post a quick-summary (in the comments section) of the error you got, and what you were doing (i.e. copy/paste the error that windows gives and place behind a "spolier" tag and if possible attach a screenshot of the application "in the error-state".
  2. To this Post attach the zip-file containing your log files, under the "log" folder
  3. Send me a PM, telling me about your comment, with BugReport/Log files attached -- I will download the zip-file containg the logs and attempt to re-produce the error and fix-it, if possible.

Please Be sure to read, Help -> Getting Started, before posting about the application not working, or about how to use the application. (you never know, the answer may be in there!)

I have created a new application, The Sims 3 - Assembly Generator.

What it does:
Allows the user to easily create new dll assemblies for an object, and will in no-way override the core dll files.

What it doesn't do:
It will not magically create game-compatible dll files, this is left up to the user to ensure that the dll will work, in-game, when compiled (i.e. valid c# source code, source code written to conform to what the game expects, etc)

Features of the application:
  1. Uses .NET Reflector for exploring Core Dll Namespaces (classes/members,etc)
  2. Contains a help file, documenting how-to-use it.
  3. Allows save/opening of project files (also contains example projects and an example project loader)

REQUIRED PRE-REQUISTES: To Run The Application
REQUIRED PRE-REQUISTES: To Use the Compiled Dlls with Custom Objects
From These Screenshots, you can see that I have made the CD Rack act like a BookShelf. Only the OpenBookShelf interaction is fully working; with the others, the sim just complains that they can't perform the intercation [probably because the CD Rack is missing stuff, that the bookshelf has -- after all the CD Rack isn't a bookshelf, or is it? :p]

The Main Interface:

The Help File

BookShelf Interactions:

Open BookShelf Intercation:

Additional Credits:
I would like to thank the following groups of people:

1) Creators of S3OC/S3PE
2) Rick for the Resource.cfg hack/fake signed assembly hack
3) Christoph680 for creating simscriptor [based my code on part of his to interoperate with .NET Reflector, from code]