Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:45 AM
i know the size limit is 10mb but i can't get any house bigger than 2x2 to fit and it seems like everyone else knows more than me they have big castles and stuff.. i made it unfurnished and it didn't change in size

"I say he's the messiah and I should know I've followed a few" - Monty Python's The Life of Brian

if you want the whole Rivendell click http://www.pagii.com/@19925/24243
Advertisement
Alchemist
#77 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dolly14
i know the size limit is 10mb but i can't get any house bigger than 2x2 to fit and it seems like everyone else knows more than me they have big castles and stuff.. i made it unfurnished and it didn't change in size

Hi Dolly. Unfortunately this is not the proper post for your question, you should go through the various posts and FAQs here
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=338
Maybe you'll find the answer there (but I wonder if you use WinRAR or WinZIP to compress the lot file, it's a mandatory step for uploading a lot and it's also the best way for reducing the file size). It could be that you have a completely different problem, but - once more - you should look in other forums or trying with the "search" function, I'm sure you'll find useful posts. I always find some in that way. Ciao.
Test Subject
#78 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lamammaforever
Hi Dolly. Unfortunately this is not the proper post for your question, you should go through the various posts and FAQs here
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=338
Maybe you'll find the answer there (but I wonder if you use WinRAR or WinZIP to compress the lot file, it's a mandatory step for uploading a lot and it's also the best way for reducing the file size). It could be that you have a completely different problem, but - once more - you should look in other forums or trying with the "search" function, I'm sure you'll find useful posts. I always find some in that way. Ciao.

thanks i do use WinRAR *sigh* i managed to get a very small version uploaded the thread did tell people about the whole one and had a link but that was breaking site rules and i just wanna say that that really wasn't my intention so im sorry ...... anyway i don't spose you care just makes me feel better

"I say he's the messiah and I should know I've followed a few" - Monty Python's The Life of Brian

if you want the whole Rivendell click http://www.pagii.com/@19925/24243
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#79 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 9:14 AM
Update?
Heya Patul,
did you see my post here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...854#post1780854 ?

I was wondering since the list has not been updated in a while

Retired from Simming
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#80 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 6:08 AM
Hi nengi, I am actually too busy with my job and with my rugby club to see this post daily...even weekly in fact

It is done ...

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 1:56 PM
((Patul)) I depend on your list and refer to it often. I would like to see it continue. Soooooo, what can we do to maintain the list?

I was going to start eating all natural foods, until I heard of all these people dying of natural causes.
My other favorite website, www.SimSafe2.com, I'm Petunia Mae Witherbottom there.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 10:18 PM
Why not have it as a wiki page so that people can edit it? So then it can be maintained by lots of people instead of just one

http://sims2world.freeforums.org/index.php <- another site btw

My wiki with 1100+ links to the community! Also in categories! Click here!

"Whether it's good or bad, it's so unfortunate to wake up during a dream." - Judeau [Berserk]
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#83 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 5:26 PM
I have another one:

Simnuts Creations

Quote:
You may include the objects in home lots, but only within the package file and, only on free sites, with credits and links back to this site.

Retired from Simming
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 1:15 AM
Snootysims.com. Has lots of tutorials.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qwerty12321
Snootysims.com. Has lots of tutorials.

plus shareable downloads.

I was going to start eating all natural foods, until I heard of all these people dying of natural causes.
My other favorite website, www.SimSafe2.com, I'm Petunia Mae Witherbottom there.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 10:23 PM
This is such a good idea!

I noticed my MTS2 account on this list (thank you for downloading my stuff, NoRealLife2!), and I just wanted to tell you that the same policy aplies to my sims download site, Sims Projects.

And I'll be sure to add sites here if I find some not yet listed

Sims Projects (last update: 2007-10-23)
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 5:32 PM
Default Fileshare
Cant see us on the list here but Mummysim and Sandy allow all meshes to be included with recolours and lots. Im all for it, I hate it myself when I have to go locate something from another site...it takes ages bah!

So feel free to use any of our stuff from Sims Divine...If ya like it that is lol!

Huggles
Mummy x
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#88 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 8:24 AM
Sims Divine is the beezkneeeeez I call it The Divine Policy =)

Anyway!! Yes making this Wiki would be great! I would definitely update as I am rampant about trying to weed out all the less friendlies .

BUT another.... Natural Sims

and here is a link to their policy - its a free registration site btw.

Natural Sims Redistribution & Colouring Policy etc

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 6:29 PM
Great list, Patul! Thanks for maintaining it.

You can add
SterlingSims2 Design

and under Forum Type Sites
SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum

Thanks

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 5:31 AM Last edited by whitesiren : 6th Dec 2007 at 6:38 PM.
Hello! This is a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for maintaining the list; it must be a mountain of work!

Since you added creators here to the list as well (awesome idea, it's nice to have it all in one place), I figured I'd share my findings. I messaged a few creators over time asking if they allow their content to be included, and they all said yes (that aren't all ready on this list/ don't have an obvious policy page). Here are the replies:

Mdhttr323: "I apologize for the long delay in responding. I've been without steady access to the internet for the past month or so. For the record, I never mind having any of my work used, edited, or reuploaded in any way."

Marmy: "You sure can! Just include a credit line with a link to the closet, please. "

Blake_Boy: "To be honest, I don't really care or want to have any policies, so the stuff that I upload you can do anything you want, claim them as your own for all I care
I'm just happy to share and see people enjoying the game more with my stuff. Anyway... sorry about the waffling, the answer to your question is yes you can include them in your lots, and you don't have to link back here for the mesh or credit me if you don't want to. Enjoy."
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#91 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 5:19 PM
Small change at 4ESF: their policy now explicitely includes stairs, sunshades, and the ceiling rim as redistributable.

http://www.4eversimfantasy.net/policy.htm

(you might have to refresh the page to see the update)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#92 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 8:49 PM
LOL, this is a such a funny list because it doesn't include blake_boy or me despite very lax and liberal TOUs...any particular reason?
Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 9:09 PM
Reason ... uhmmm, we didn't want to let the secret to our own great lots out????

Main reason is lack of time and resources. In general, for most MTS folks it is easy to see their policy, hence more attention to the less obvious.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Instructor
#94 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 9:55 PM Last edited by buggybooz : 21st Mar 2008 at 10:05 PM.
uhmmm......

I don't know about anyone else but I'm share, Share, SHARE so I'd like to be shared

oops, that could be taken the wrong way so don't...take it that way. It would be nice to figure on a "homegrown" list. I haven't uploaded elsewhere so yeah it seems mighty peculiar, then again I have no idea how these things work.
Test Subject
#95 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 11:30 PM
I have "found" a site that is share friendly and it is Sims Divine and it's not on your list

http://simsdivine.com/home2/index.php
Test Subject
#96 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 9:08 AM
PixelDolly is a small, sharefriendly, site http://www.pixeldolly.com/
Field Researcher
#97 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 12:14 AM
Default SIMcredible
SIMcredible!

http://sims2.simcredibledesigns.com/

This is a great website to get good free stuff!
Alchemist
#98 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cameron360
[LEFT

http://sims2.simcredibledesigns.com/

Cameron360, thank you but no, unfortunately simcredible don't allow to include their meshes nor with recolors or lots, so it's not a site with friendly redistribution policy (even if their stuff is great and free).

Thanks grodan for the new links. SimsDivine! strange it was not listed already!
Actually this list is not updated yet, or its about sporadically reviewed (I'll have a look in the next days) but many members still come here to check so it's good to add new infos when we find them. Thanks to everybody.
Test Subject
#99 Old 1st May 2009 at 4:27 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#100 Old 2nd May 2009 at 2:36 AM
Maybe I missed something, but hdsolutions seems to be a site of lots for download, not CC to put on lots. They do have some nice looking buildings. Also, I never did find their TOU.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Page 4 of 5