Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Seasons
custom content and update problems!
i updated my game and checked my computers specs like someone told me because my game crashed every time i wanted to start the game due to (as the game thought) uncompatible mods that were installed, so i removed the mods, i refreshed all the files, i put them back , and STILL thesame error, i payed allot for this game and now i cant play it because of an update and my house is build with download windows, this really sucks!

pleeaaasee can anyone help me out i really dont know what to do i checked evertyhing!!!!

Greetings Jol

PS: have a 2010 februari macbook Pro 17 inch so its strong enough to play
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:21 PM
If your game was crashing because of incompatible custom content, why did you put the incompatible cc back in your mods folder? The only thing that will make conflicting cc work is if the creator updates it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:22 PM
i removed every CC that worked on base packs and left the objects and it still said that and how could it be incompatible, they were just simple mods :s
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:26 PM
If the game runs without those simple mods installed, then the problem is with the mod and you need to go to wherever you downloaded it to see if there is an updated version available. There is no magic trick to getting conflicting cc to work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:47 PM
it was my awesomemod that was the problem, now i have just little problmems that some of my windows go trough the wall insteak of seeing trough the window... and my building walls tool is invisible .. -_-
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:57 PM
Awesomemod is not a simple mod. It is the single most complex mod in the community and you must download a new version every time the game is updated.

The cc windows problem is a known issue: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=423496
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:15 PM Last edited by !jolien! : 7th Nov 2010 at 2:50 PM.
1 more problem, the windows im working on but there is something wrong with my building walls and object tool every time i put somethinng a + appears and wont go away!

okay i tried to fix it but i cant find it anyone ever had this problem before??!!n
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:21 PM
did anyone ever had this problem before i see no construction pole just the ordinary arrow and when i build something or put something on a wall i get a green plus that wont go away even not in live mode ????
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:26 PM
Pretty sure those + things are due to having an outdated no blur mod.

Whenever you're having problems, it's a good idea to remove ALL your custom content temporarily, delete your cache files, and load up to test. That way, you can rule out custom content entirely, rather than leaving it to chance. You never know what issues certain CC can cause - sometimes it can be bizarre and weird and caused by something you totally wouldn't expect.

This is also why this FAQ:

Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

... is linked so prominently on the front page of the Help section. It advises the basic troubleshooting steps that will fix a variety of game issues (including CC related, which appears to be most/all of your problems) and is really the place to start whenever you have an issue with your game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 4:24 PM
THANX it works!!! you are a lifesaver!!!! *big huggs*

i did search there but it was still unclear for me what the problem was :s