Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 2:38 AM
Default Sims 4 to Sims 3 Animation Conversion?
Hello! I'm curious to know if it's possible to convert animations from ts4 to ts3. I've seen it done the other way around, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. At some point, I'd like to replace animations from certain interactions in ts3 because in my opinion, the ones from ts4 are much more realistic, subtle, and generally less cartoony. Any help or direction is very appreciated!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 3:13 PM
Someone told me that S4 animations are made the same way like S3. I think if you would download the CLIP importer for Blender for ts4 you can import the clip within the sims 3 rig. I've never done anything like this though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Someone told me that S4 animations are made the same way like S3. I think if you would download the CLIP importer for Blender for ts4 you can import the clip within the sims 3 rig. I've never done anything like this though.

Do you happen to know where I can find the sim rig and animation plugin for blender? The only links that I've found for them are broken/don't work anymore.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob

Upon trying to import a sims 4 clip to the sims 3 rig, it seems as though this is too good to be true. I have a feeling that even the slightest difference in the armature of the ts3 and ts4 rigs would create a disconnect between what parts are supposed to move in the animation and what parts exist in the rig.
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 6:55 PM
Blender can be used to retarget animations to a different rig. I've never done this myself, but this might be informative: https://blender.stackexchange.com/q...s-to-other-rigs
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:32 PM
Now I'm thinking about it. TS4 might use different bones in different orders and different 'weights'. So I would indeed take a look at the link Butterbot posted.

Never knew Blender was capable of doing these sorts of things though.
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 8:49 AM
hey,I wanted to know if It's possible to convert sims 3 poses to sims 4?I tried this but the pose looked weird in the game.Can u help?