Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 9:12 AM
Default Creating a New Major? (University Life)
Hello, all.

I installed the NRass career mod/academics module and saw that it has an Education major. I poked around the files in s3pe, but I couldn't quite figure out how to reconstruct a new career and also insert it into the game.

There is a tutorial on here about making custom careers. Is there another tutorial like that I haven't found/seen on making a new major? Would the process be mostly identical? While I'm at it, are there other custom majors I could simply add to my game?

Thanks for all your help.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 9:19 AM
Majors are something I have been working on. I haven't worked out how to add the lectures and class activities to them though, unfortunately.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
Majors are something I have been working on. I haven't worked out how to add the lectures and class activities to them though, unfortunately.

It's great to know that someone else wants custom majors. Thank you for putting your hard work into trying to figure this problem out. My modding skills are mostly limited to following tutorials, so I guess I'll just keep checking back to see if you or someone else cracks the code. I'm sorry I can't help! Good luck.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raven71818
It's great to know that someone else wants custom majors. Thank you for putting your hard work into trying to figure this problem out. My modding skills are mostly limited to following tutorials, so I guess I'll just keep checking back to see if you or someone else cracks the code. I'm sorry I can't help! Good luck.

No problem. It's something I've been tackling on and off for a while. There do seem to be some limitations though, which is quite frustrating. And thank you!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog