Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 3:07 AM Last edited by Delphy : 13th Dec 2004 at 3:11 AM.
Default Forum Guidelines
Hi All,

First off, as notified over the weekend, we've removed the Sims 2 Universe forums (see the previous news post).

Secondly, we've created a new Forum Guidelines section which lists the kind of threads, usage and other details about how to keep MTS2 nice for all it's members

The link is http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Regards
Delphy
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 5:42 AM
Thats good... But I don't agree with the Do not pick apart posts with Quotes. There are times when someone makes a large post and you want to adress several of his points and picking it apart is the best option to keep things clear... Obviously if you are breaking other forum rules while picking it apart (IE flaming, off topic) then there is a problem...

For example:
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
First off, as notified over the weekend, we've removed the Sims 2 Universe forums (see the previous news post).

...can't say I will miss it, but I know a few people will be disappointed. If you updated the links page then they wouldn't complain, but again, there are few people who would complain... I will *almost* miss the review a sims site forum.

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Secondly, we've created a new Forum Guidelines section which lists the kind of threads, usage and other details about how to keep MTS2 nice for all it's members

It's good that the guidelines are in a central location, but I don't think that some of the people who need to read them will see it even if you use 72 point flashing font... no such thing as perfect :/ But for the most part I agree with all the new guidelines

There wasn't anything wrong with that example was there?

Technically this is breaking Rule 1, but this would be the proper place to discuss such a thing. If you were to delete this, because of that I would lose respect for you... I like you delphy, and all the mods here don't go ghestapo on me :P

(you are too cool for me to expect you to :P)
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 6:04 AM
It's turning into a benevolent Delphtatorship! Great! I'm in.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 9:13 AM
hardon, it also states that you can use 2 quotes in a message, *and* what you've done is to post more in a reply that is actually quoted - so you haven't broken a rule at all :D

It's basically to stop people quoting excessivley in a post without really adding anything, or only adding a few words.

Remember - they are guidelines - and evaluated on a case-by-case basis
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 5:42 PM
maybe I was just confused...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Dec 2004 at 1:54 AM
I agree ...... darn there i go breaking rules In all honesty i like these guidelines, and think they will promote a healthier forum and better site