Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 11:33 AM
Default Is there any way to completely disallow imigration?
I'm currently playing a custom world with my simmies and suddenly the entire town is infected by chubby, smiling, soulless puddings. Is there any way to stop this invasion? I have Nraas Story Progression and the imigration-module, Ive tried to replace them with the sims in my bin but it doesn't work so now I just want them gone. I would be ever so grateful for any help.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
...the entire town is infected by chubby, smiling, soulless puddings.

What do you mean by that? Picture please?
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonstarforever

Puddings is a Sims term used to describe ugly Sims. EA generated Sims for immigration (and even to replace old NPCs) use default face templates, and as such, they look the same as each other as more are generated through time.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonstarforever

Here you go, any solutions?
Screenshots

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 1:39 PM
I've got Nraas' Register installed, and there is an option to turn off immigration when the game assigns sims to various positions in town. You can also make the game choose to fill assignments using your sims, too. I still get a few pudding sims roaming around, but none of them are mixologists, proprietors, or stylists.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 2:33 PM
Yes, but I get pudding moving in to houses and trying to act like people. Does register fix that?

Quote:

- poof gone -
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 2:54 PM
Yes, but I get pudding moving in to houses and trying to act like people. Does register fix that?

Register turns immigration off completely, moving in included. To quote it's documentation -

Quote: Originally posted by NRaas
To prevent this form of immigration, install the Register mod. The mere existence of the mod will stop new role-sims from moving into lots around town.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:02 PM
Usually they're chubby and wearing those jockey hats (if you have Pets).

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Theorist
#9 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:04 PM
Role sims are the ones who tend registers or bars.

I managed to turn it off once using Twallan's mods but I think you have to tweak in several spots. I also only had self-employed sims in the active family. If you have them in the RH jobs the career system will create co-workers. It will also create families with children if you have kids in school.

Did you set your immigration pool to use 100% from your sim bin? If you did, the families that move in should not be puddings. As far as I've seen it doesn't prevent pudding role sims, though. But as mentioned, you can assign your own sims to those jobs to prevent the pudding.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:23 PM
The StoryProgression Population module has an option to create immigrants using genes from your Sim Bin, so you can have non-pudding immigrants instead. You can also set service Sims to be created with this same system.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryPr...n+Phase+Fifteen
Theorist
#11 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:42 PM
It's possible to set StoryProgression and Register options so you get no immigration whatsoever. There are actually several options in SP to turn off immigration, because the game immigrates sims for different reasons. With Register, you can turn off immigration for roles, and set "Allow resident assignment" so that it will use sims that already exist in the town to the various roles (festival lots and cash registers). That's how I've got mine configured because I completely loathe those soulless computer-generated sims.

There are a few cases where immigration can't be totally eliminated, at least not that I know of.
1. Service NPCs, like pizza delivery, police, firefighter, taxi driver, etc.
2. Resort employees.

For those cases, I've sometimes been able to replace some of them with bin sims by using Master Controller, but every now and then the game will replace one of those with a fresh spawn.

In addition to the mod mentioned by Clandestine, Awesomemod also adds variety to immigrants. Rather than using genetics from your sim bin, it randomizes the sliders. So instead of the usual clone-faced soulless puddings, you get hideous immigrants instead. Sometimes hilariously hideous.

Resident wet blanket.
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:45 PM
I downloaded register now and will try it out next time I play, thank you for the responses.

Quote:

- poof gone -
Scholar
#13 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 4:11 PM
If you have Overwatch you can boot out the homeless, it usually gets rid of unwanted puddings.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Theorist
#14 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:23 PM
Not all the homeless are computer-generated puddings, though. Usually about a dozen or so of them were human-made and come with each EA hood. Just thought I'd mention that in case you don't want to lose those. When I start a fresh hood, I usually use Master Controller to throw them on a vacant lot so they don't get accidentally booted.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#15 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 12:54 AM

Yep, it works in 99% of the cases.

I hate those pudding immigrants, so i set the game to disallow immigration, no tourists and no papparazzi. Of course, service sims as the mailman, the maid, etc will be generated but nobody will move into empty lots of your neighborhood, and you will never see them going to any public places.

If you want more realism, you can give your townies roles as bartenders, property owner, cashiers, etc.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#16 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:54 AM
I think there is some confusion between immigration and moving into houses with regard to NRaas mods. Immigration means that Sims are freshly created for a world and they can be either homeless or residents. Immigration is not the same as moving in. The vanilla game ususally immigrates role Sims, Showtime performers or co-workers if there aren't enough Sims to perform these tasks but it will only move in role Sims for the Stylist station, the consignment register and the WA cash registers. All other Sims will remain homeless.
If you've suddenly got more Sims than just those role Sims I mentioned living in your town then there's a problem with Story Progression. StoryProgression moves in random Sims (or not, depending on your settings). You should check your StoryProgression settings.

Register, on the other hand, will only prevent those role Sims (Stylist, cash register and consignment clerks) from moving in, it does not affect any other move-ins. And it doesn't stop immigration unless you disable that, too. But disabling immigration means that if there aren't enough homeless to fill all the roles in town these roles will remain empty.