Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 12:36 PM
Default What can't you sell?
Hey guys. I have all expansion packs and I have intentions to start all kinds of different business , mostly various shops.

Rather than asking, will the game let me sell this or that, I ask someone to give me a list of the things that cannot be sold in a shop. It would be much easier.

Maybe such thread has existed before but I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 7:42 PM
You can sell pretty much anything that you can make or buy in a shop or home business. Things that are not able to be sold will show up as grayed out rather than highlighted in yellow in wholesale build and buy modes. You also have to make sure that you are stocking them on the right type of shelves/displays. Prepared foods should go in the Decra Chill Display- build and buy items should go on regular display shelves and displays. Clothing should go on the clothing racks, perfumes, jewelry, souvenirs, magazines, small electronics like handhelds, MP3's and cellphones all have their own displays or vending machines. If you want to run a hotel, or restaurant as a business you need the hotel desk or the Restaurant Podium present in the lobby. For nightclubs, Expresso Bars and Bars spawn their own cashiers as long as you set them up with a cash register- not sure on the DJ my Sims have always acted as their own DJ. You can also sell massages and haircuts if you have the massage table from BV and the hairstyling chair present in game.
If you want to run an entertainment business like an arcade or an gym or gambling den you should get the electronic toll thing that is in the misc section of electronics and it will charge Sims whatever you set it per hour to use your facilities.
Site Helper
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:20 AM
There are certain CC items that you can mark for sale but sims will never buy, but most of those were made before OFB. There is no complete list, but if you notice that sims are not buying something and it is CC, you might want to replace it with something else.

In my experience DJ booths do need an employee to man them.

You can paint pictures from an easel, hang them on the wall, and mark them for sale. They just don't restock easily, so be sure you have a lot of them in your inventory. You will probably have to restock them yourself manually and delete the out of stock signs.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 1:06 PM
Does the game allow selling tombstones and urns? If it does, that would be the ultimate I mean selling an urn/tombstone in buy mode gives you 200-300 simoleons if I'm not mistaken.

Imagine - a store where you sell dead sims imao. So cruel. Restocking for me would be easy I don't know about you guys :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:39 PM
Default Check System
I have heard that there is a check system mod on this site than enables you to open service type businesses and be paid by check. You can create a Police department and fine people that going around turning over garbage cans and domestic violence; create a social services where you can pay a fine and get a child that has been taken away due to neglect back; create a library where you charge so much for each book read, City Hall and charge for marriage license and paid to get a divorce; create churches and pay tithes; dog pound to keep stray animals and sell them.

I can't seem to find it though. Has anyone else heard of it?