Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 6:57 AM
Default Using juices
Does anyone like to have their sims make and drink any of the juices?

I like to use strawberry lemonade to top off my sims aspiration, especially if something big is going to happen, like graduation for my Uni sims.

I currently have a pregnant sim, so it will be the first time I try to keep her healthy with the juices.

I use the eggplant for the random skill point when my sim rolls the want to "gain a skill point" without wanting to gain a specific skill. I have them serve juice, so other sims can also get a point. Otherwise, I make them skill by regular means.

The two I always forget to use is the lemonade and tomato juice to cool them off or warm them up. My sims exercise a lot and often water seems to cool them off, though not as quickly as the lemonade.

My sims always drink their juice unsociably, just standing there, so I always think to use the hot chocolate to warm them up first. They usually have to warm up after playing water balloon fight and there are always other sims that also need to warm up, so it's nice to have them all sit around the kitchen table and drink hot chocolate afterward.

I've been trying to figure out if the juice they serve ever spoils. It's easy to lose track of time, but so far it seems like the juices have not spoiled for many hours longer than the 6 hours that most food spoils. Most of my sims have gardens and at least a couple fruit trees where I try to have them have a lot of strawberries, tomatoes and eggplants. I have them grow cucumbers and other veggies just to put in the fridge to get the fresh food boost. So I hope the juice never spoils, but there is no option that I can find to put the juice in the fridge and I can't put it in the inventory when they serve and there is only a few sims. I try to have them serve only when there are visitors, so I can have them drink some. Even then, there are leftovers when the visitors don't need the effects of the juice.

I get all excited when they get their silver badges, because that is when they have more planting options available. Some of my sims get their gardening badges when I have them move in with another sim, like my elderly sims, to help them with their garden. And for new sims, I can usually get them to silver by the time I move them out of my elderly home to their own places. New sims always get the grunt work for this reason. If not, then they will get their silver badge by the time they are done setting up their own garden.

I have them overwater a few plants at first, and rake a lot of leaves to keep them earning towards their badges. With my Uni sims, since I have it on fall for the entire year, there are always leaves to rake.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 9:04 AM
I love making my Sims to drink pureed boot juice and then watch them to freak out :D

Two more juices that I use frequently are those that build skills faster and that cures cold, though I noticed it cures it rather randomly.
Now that I play Bluewater Village again with its businesses, I think I will plant the ingridients needed for random badge.
Site Helper
#3 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 7:35 PM
I love using the badge juice and the skill juice to see what they get. I also use the hot pepper juice when I don't want to send them to bed.

They do seem to clean up a tray of juice autonomously after 6 hours, so I assumed it may have spoiled by then.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 7:32 AM
Juice was one of the things I always wanted to experiment on more, but my sims were always so poor they couldn't afford luxury items like the juice maker. only a few times I made them eggplant juice.
#5 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 8:41 PM
Depending on the sim I am playing juice is usually their breakfast, if they are not starving when they wake up I mean. It usually keeps them full until their morning work outs =P I try to keep my sims on a tight morning routine xD lol
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 9:42 PM
After paying more attention to my sims juicing habits, Inoticed they do not clean up the juice after only 6 hours. I've had the juice for about 24 hours. Very neat sims with a lot of cleaning skill points will clean it up sooner, if you let them. I don't let them near the juice. It's just too expensive to waste.

In some of my families, I have them drinking more than one kind of juice and get confused which tray is which. Bugs me when I want them to gain a few skills, and they end up drinking the energy boost and staying up all night. Oops.

I gave my pregnant sim orange juice and she stopped having morning sickness after that first time. So I had her drinking it twice a day. Since drinking juice is faster than preparing and eating a meal, my sims had lots of extra time to do other stuff. So now all my sims are going to have bigger gardens to take care of.

Another thing I like about the energy boost juice is that it doesn't have the negative effect on the bladder like coffee and espresso will. So I can have them drink some before they go out to a community lot and they still have energy when I get them home.

I think I'm going to change some of my clubs to include a few juicers for those that have some in their inventory when they visit the lot. It is strange now to visit lots that don't have much in their gardens. So I'm trying to keep track of who has extras among their friends they can call.