Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#276 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 11:37 PM
Default I wants more hair!!
Quote: Originally posted by tauer
Where are we on Sims 2/3 hair conversions? I'm a little dissapointed in the lack of hair styles

I totally agree, the only thing I struggle with is hair and gowns.I'd love to see long ophelia type hair and a crown circlet for my Queen. *dreamy face* I think the dresses could be prettier too, a lot of them make the sim look a lot wider than they are. Also,more impressive costumes for Wizards!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:47 AM
I have a small question (yes another one, sorry!).

I was wondering if treeag's AutoDisableClothingFilter & Edit In CAS work with 1.2... She mentioned that her game version was 1.1.

Sorry if this is been answered and I missed it.
Test Subject
#278 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ..::lilith::..
I have a small question (yes another one, sorry!).

I was wondering if treeag's AutoDisableClothingFilter & Edit In CAS work with 1.2... She mentioned that her game version was 1.1.

Sorry if this is been answered and I missed it.

Yes it's work for me.
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by doren
Is there any command with which I can alter the aspects? In the list of cheats there is "setKingdomPoints" and "setKP" and I am unsure if they are what I am looking for and what I would have to set as a value.

If you want to reset the aspects, you might want to test what happens by moving the following file from the saves folder: ach.package

Place it on the desktop or some other easily found spot for testing. My guess is that file contains the aspect totals for the game.
Theorist
#280 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 5:22 AM Last edited by treeag : 6th Apr 2011 at 5:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Sorry, I have a silly question, I've tried to look for an answer in this thread but I'm confused... does Treeag's "Testing cheats Enabled" mod replace having the modified .ini file or do you need to have that file modified in any case to be able to use mods? Just in case it's safer for the game to just have a mod in the Packages folder instead, or if both things can conflict (or are they unrelated?)

If you use my mod you don't have to modify any .ini file. It's safer that way because from experience with TS3, sometimes a patch would bitch and moan about there being a modified file and refuse to install. It's the same logic behind why when you make XML tuning mods you don't make the changes directly in gameplaydata.package but you make a new package to override the original values.
Instructor
#281 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:25 AM
Thanks a lot, it more or less what I imagined but I wasn't sure.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#282 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:23 AM
I must have missed out on this throughout the last 12 pages, but could someone please tell me where I can find all of treeag's wonderful mods, including the "Testing Cheats Enabled" one? Thanks!!
Inventor
#283 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:32 AM
All mods available are linked here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438701
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:37 AM
Thank you so much crinrict!!
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:54 PM
@hotroxy777: Thank you! I'm going to try them today!
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *Laure*
Becca uses the EA CAP tool to make her patterns. Converting CAP tool sims3pack to packages causes problems in TS3 and I guess they cause the same in TSM. From my poking around, it seems that CAP tool handles the image files differently. It seems to keep each color "channel" as a separate file (within the pack). I would expect patterns made by the TSRW tool to be convertible.

(Also, the mac version of the CAP tool is messed up - it will only allow patterns with one color option to be exported to sims3packs, instead of the 4 channel options that the windows version allows. )

darn EA crap. Thanks for the info! It's quite annoying (about the Mac version and all) but at least this helps explain why I can't use the patterns I created.
Test Subject
#287 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 4:56 PM
Ok, I used the UnlockAllAchievements mod and started a new Kingdom game. A box showed up with all the unlocked content when I started. I then go to my old Kingdom, my 1st New Beginnings and have not seen all the new furniture and clothing! Am I doing something wrong or do I have to empty all the QP in the old kingdom, then save? Not sure what to do about this. Need help!
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bestock
darn EA crap. Thanks for the info! It's quite annoying (about the Mac version and all) but at least this helps explain why I can't use the patterns I created.

You could consider running it in Bootcamp I am using the newest Macbook Pro and the performance is simply horrible on Mac OS X :P
Test Subject
#289 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
Thank you Rick! I guess if I'd opened the .package before commenting, I would've known! Sorry! -ish!

But you knew that had to be asked by someone!!!

I am 100% noob here and I just bought the game for the fist time.. You said you have to make a mod folder? I made one and I don't think I put it in the right spot bc it still doesn't work..
Theorist
#290 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bstar84
I had the Peteran priest already and was making a Jacobian priest (or whatever they're called lol). I saved her and clicked the checkmark to exit CAS, but it still showed no character for the position. Went back in, loaded my saved sim, and that time it worked. Later on I noticed an NPC wandering around with the same name and body/hair/face, just different clothes. I haven't seen this with any other character. Not sure what the heck happened but maybe there's a weird cheat I accidentally used? Not sure how helpful that is but maybe someone will figure it out.

This happened to me the very first time I've ever tried to make a sim in TSM. It was of course a monarch. Later I saw the sim wandering around too, same appearance, same name, and all. It must be a glitch because I didn't have any cheats/mods installed at the time. Fresh install, vanilla game.
Field Researcher
#291 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emfellows
I am 100% noob here and I just bought the game for the fist time.. You said you have to make a mod folder? I made one and I don't think I put it in the right spot bc it still doesn't work..

it needs to be in your game directory (C/program files/electronic arts/ sims medieval)
with the config file in the mod folder along with a folder for the packages.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Inventor
#292 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:01 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 10th Apr 2011 at 11:05 AM.
For Testing: DTTB Converter and S3PE Wrappers

The first thing I like to do for new expansions is check out the xml files. Unfortunately they changed the format in Medieval, so quick xml mods weren't possible (except for the files that were still xml). This is especially sad because things like the Lot cameras are in DTTB format.

The last couple of days I've worked on a converter and it's now at a point where I think it's usable.

Features:
  • Open DTTB file and display it as xml
  • Edit inline and save as DTTB
  • Save as XML
  • Mass convert to XML or to DTTB

The GUI should be self-explanatory. (Except maybe the little DTTB checkbox, which shows you if the currently opened file is a DTTB; since the display will always be xml you wouldn't otherwise notice the difference.)

Warning: The mass conversions overwrite the existing files! So work on copies!

Types that use DTTB format:
  • 0x0333406C (_XML) Note: some files of this type are still in normal xml
  • 0x03B33DDF (ITUN)
  • 0xBD21A6D1 (quests)
  • 0xB494439F (hero stuff, mostly daily responsibilities, I think)

How to use this:
  • Export a DTTB file in the package editor of your choice.
  • Open in DTTB Converter
  • Either make changes directly inline and save as DTTB or
  • Save as XML, make your changes in an xml editor of your choice, then open in DTTB Converter and save as DTTB
  • Create new package and import modified DTTB

Notes on format and defaults:
The format needs to look like what was exported. Values are inline text in tags, not attributes. The defaults are at the end of the root tag and enclosed in a <Defaults> tag. This is also assumed to be the case when converting back into DTTB. & in values needs to be written as &amp;.

Tested: As of v1.0.3 all files of above noted file types can be converted to XML and back and are binary same. The only exception is test1 (0xE08BC246785E2D07), so don't use that and remove it if you try to convert all files.

What you'll need to run it: Probably some .NET framework stuff, but I assume if you can run S3PE, this will run too, though it's the first time I've distributed a program, so any confirmation that this works for anyone would be great.

v1.0.1: Fixes for the format and minor GUI changes. At this point I can convert to XML and back to DTTB and get binary same results for above mentioned types except for three files (CraftingObjectIngredients, SingingSongs, and Plants). All other 3670 files converted correctly.
Specific format issues fixed: Empty tags are now distinguished from tags with empty value. The first child index for elements with no children is now the index of the first default element. (You'll need to re-export as XML for this to take effect.)

v1.0.2 Fixed incorrect order of hashes. Now the order of tags in the xml doesn't matter. It's automatically sorted by hash as it should be.

v1.0.3 Fixed the issue with CraftingObjectIngredients, SingingSongs, and Plants, so all files (except the broken test1) work now. Also minor GUI tweaks.

Wrapper for S3PE! Supports display and import/export via Grid (see readme.txt in zip for instructions)

Credits: I've used Peter L Jones' FNVHash code from s3pi and his code for how wrappers work.

Thanks to Rick for pointing out that the correct name of the format is DTTB.

License: GPL. I'll attach the Visual C# 2008 Express project, which includes the source code.

Note: Wrapper for CASParts has been moved to a different post.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DttbConverter_v103.zip (53.7 KB, 608 downloads) - View custom content
Description: DTTB Converter source and application v1.0.3
File Type: zip  DttbWrapper_v103.zip (36.9 KB, 457 downloads) - View custom content
Description: DTTB Wrapper source and .dll and readme.txt
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#293 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:32 PM
Please change the name. BTTD is wrong. BTTD is actually DTTB (it's little endian), and DTTB is DaTaTaBle. I have a fully working datatable tool myself that works 100%, but I've yet to commit it to my repository and provide binaries.
Inventor
#294 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
DTTB is DaTaTaBle.

Which makes a lot of sense. I'll change all occurrences of this. Hopefully the project files won't give me too much trouble.

Thanks for the correction!
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#295 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:42 PM
If you're interested in implementing the format correctly, the datatable handling is all in the C# script code in SimIFace.dll. (Utility.DataTable, Utility.DataNode).
Test Subject
#296 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 10:13 PM
I can't get to mod.gib.me to download DebugEnabler. Is the site down?
Inventor
#297 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
If you're interested in implementing the format correctly, the datatable handling is all in the C# script code in SimIFace.dll. (Utility.DataTable, Utility.DataNode).

Yes, I know. Of course, I only realized that after already spending a few days on looking at the format in hex and experimenting. I should have known to actually check first. I don't really know why I didn't. And I have to admit I only skimmed to check the things that were unclear. At least this way it's really my own code (for better or worse). And I learned a bit about coding and GUI design in C#.

A better tool will certainly be appreciated! I think a wrapper for S3PE would be ideal. I've done a reading one (for my experiments), but not one that supports editing and Grid export/import. I just felt that a lot of XML modders might be waiting for their chance to start fiddling with a few minor things and this should hold them over in the meantime. (And I admit I'd love for someone else to play with the camera settings and see if more freedom is possible.)

Thanks again for your help!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#298 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 2:17 AM
Ok, so I have plodded through this thread - and found some great mods and tips - thanks to all who posted

When I first read about this game the thing that grabbed my attention was Quests, and hopefully the possibility to make custom quests (it might make the game bearable to play for a bit longer too)

So this is for Rick, and I hope its not a "request" but is there any progress on a Quest editor? I had a look at the files from velocitygrass and the XML posted by Rick, but I am failing to get to the quest editor part.

Maybe it would be an idea to have a separate thread for this as I think there is a lot of interest in this aspect of modding for TSM.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Forum Resident
#299 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Sorry, I have a silly question, I've tried to look for an answer in this thread but I'm confused... does Treeag's "Testing cheats Enabled" mod replace having the modified .ini file or do you need to have that file modified in any case to be able to use mods? Just in case it's safer for the game to just have a mod in the Packages folder instead, or if both things can conflict (or are they unrelated?)
Yes, It replaces the modified .ini file. When I installed Treeag's mod I changed the .ini back to the original unmodified file.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Eminence Grise
#300 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 6:23 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 7th Apr 2011 at 6:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Ok, so I have plodded through this thread - and found some great mods and tips - thanks to all who posted

When I first read about this game the thing that grabbed my attention was Quests, and hopefully the possibility to make custom quests (it might make the game bearable to play for a bit longer too)

So this is for Rick, and I hope its not a "request" but is there any progress on a Quest editor? I had a look at the files from velocitygrass and the XML posted by Rick, but I am failing to get to the quest editor part.

Maybe it would be an idea to have a separate thread for this as I think there is a lot of interest in this aspect of modding for TSM.

Or better than just one more thread: a TSM modding subforum This thread is getting a tad unwieldy, and I think we have plenty of evidence now that there's interest in TSM modding. I assembled a quick reference list of TSM mods and TS3 mod types that work in TSM here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438701

On quest modding: there's some discussion of the new binary format of the XML in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438948

I am wondering though whether you could really add a quest, or anyway an INTERESTING quest, with just XML modding. There are some basic elements most quests have, like choice popups, storyboard sequences (with illustrations), and of course quest steps and rewards, including inventory, gold, buffs, and stat modifications. But the more interesting quests also do things like add objects to the town (or unhide objects?), introduce NPCs, modify the appearance of sims, play what seem to be special animation sequences and so on. So in other words quests need to be able to call on a wide range of gameplay systems, and to have their own art resources as well.

In other words, quest modding may not be a smaller topic than TSM modding in general... in fact, it may encompass all other types of mods

I say that just from my experience playing, though, I can't back it up through code diving.
Page 12 of 24