Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 1:52 AM Last edited by caresscoffee : 9th Apr 2016 at 6:47 PM.
Default Recreating Sims 2 lot on my Sims 3 game
i'm recreating Shastakiss' Barefoot Cottage for my Sims 3 game... I wanted to recreate it as similarly as possible and in order to do that I'll need similar paneling/siding and doors/windows... I'll need something similar to Holy Simoly's Seaside Retreat, Plasticbox's Seaside Siding, Evanesco's Weathered Value Doors, and Fway's Gearhead matching Door and Windows... if anyone knows where I might find any similar Sims 3 content I would very much appreciate your links and comments.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 12:00 PM
Siding comes with the TS3 base game -- there's a whole category for siding wallpapers in Build Mode.

There are similar windows at TSR, I think by BuffSumm or someone.

Not sure about the doors though.... I know there was a door kinda like it from the Barnacle Bay World, with a round window in the door, but it's more on the medieval side than the modern side.
Instructor
#3 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 1:09 PM
I completely second murfee.

With CAst you could achieve the weathered look.

As an example with one of the Base Game wall siding:

Or even with this Late Night one:

As for windows that open on one part, there are these two set (City Build Set and Town Windows).

And about the door with the round window, there is also another store one, but really, I doubt nobody did something similar? I just can't find any for the life of me. :/
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:39 PM
thank you! I did manage to make a weathered looking siding and a nice clean yellow like that... I didn't think about it until you mentioned doing it, though... I used two different Island Paradise sidings, one that already looked a little rusty and made it look a little more like weathered wood, and the second looks remarkably similar to that siding from LN.

Also thank you Blyss for the windows and door, they look amazing... I did however find a different base game door that works wonderfully for my purpose... the windows on the other hand are exactly what I was looking for.