Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:44 AM
Default WCIF World texture replacements?
I'm looking for replacements for ground textures, tree textures, road textures etc.
I feel the Worlds would look a lot better if the textures were all a little less defined...everything's just so grainy, you know? I bet just a little blur would solve the problem. It's definitely in my top 3 of graphical improvements I want in TS3, along with murdering the thing that makes shadows fade away at like 20 feet, and somehow patching in a depth of field effect.

- Pi

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:58 AM
Shimrod101 has a ground textures replacement mod, but the WA version has a weird effect I wasn't happy with. The others appear fine.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Shimrod101 has a ground textures replacement mod, but the WA version has a weird effect I wasn't happy with. The others appear fine.

Where can I find it? I'm not seeing anything on MTS.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 6:08 PM
Naughtysimsasylum

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 3:07 PM
Bump, wondering if there's anything out there that may aid me in my quest towards prettier pixels.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 6:23 PM
That's almost entirely irrelevant @KatyFernlily, especially because already I have a (dare I say, better) postprocessing shader mod of my own.
And besides that, no lighting or shader mod can fix texture-related issues.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I'm looking for replacements for ground textures, tree textures, road textures etc.
I feel the Worlds would look a lot better if the textures were all a little less defined...everything's just so grainy, you know? I bet just a little blur would solve the problem. It's definitely in my top 3 of graphical improvements I want in TS3, along with murdering the thing that makes shadows fade away at like 20 feet, and somehow patching in a depth of field effect.

- Pi

Replacing textures yourself is super easy to do simply grab a .dds plugin and start exploring the game files.
1. open the .package files in your program files (The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/Packages) find the texture you're looking for 2. click export the texture to copy the original file name 3. rename the new texture with that file name 4. create a new package and import your new texture with it's new name 5. put it in your overrides and you're good to go

There should be a more in depth tutorial on the MTS help section if needed.

I've given advice before on replacing road textures in custom worlds.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=594467

You can find some defaults on MTS for roads, patterns, etc and blennus has hq replacements for the lighthouse, WA train etc
http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=827807

If you're looking for new hq textures I'd recommend starting with textures.com
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 9:12 PM
Makes me wonder if it's possible to use bump maps and speculars on terrain textures. That, I think, would greatly enhance the look of terrain.

insert signature here