Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 10:23 AM
Default WCIF a manual opportunity triggering object?
A while ago, I downloaded a placeable adventure board (from World Adventures) from another site that could be placed in any town. When I interact with it, it immediately gives me a randomly chosen opportunity. The problem was that when I save, exit the game and load it later, the board is no longer there. I had to place it again each time I start the game.

So WCIF such an object that actually stays where I put it and I can use to give myself an opportunity whenever I want? Before anyone suggests modding the files to get more opportunity phone calls per day or using cheat codes to force an opportunity, I'm hoping for something I can roleplay with. A bulletin board on a community lot, for example, something like in the Witcher 3 but with infinite opportunities. Alternatively, if someone knows how to achieve the same effect by modding the XMLs of certain existing objects, I'd love to hear about it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 3:30 AM
Are you putting the adventure board on a base camp lot, regular community lot, or residential lot? That might be why the board keeps disappearing.

There is a modded adventure board at Simlogical that you might wanna check out:
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1119/
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=566144

Other than using Debug Enabler / Master Controller to auto-generate Opportunities, that's all I can think of.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 4:46 AM
That's the one I downloaded. I tried placing it outside City Hall and on a big park, both times it disappeared. Besides base camps in other countries, are there specific lots where the board won't vanish?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 10:56 PM
Not that I'm aware of -- I used EA's on residential lots before and they never vanished, though I had issues with Opportunities loading, since there were no tombs.
I've not had the chance to use the ones from Simlogical.

If you have a hard time finding the EA boards in buydebug, you might have to find a mod that recategorizes WA stuff. I use MrHawk's Imelda mod from TheSimalogue, but the link's gone now.