Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 2:05 AM
Default .package file issue
My computer has a program that gets rid of unused file extensions after a certain period of time. It seems at some point it got ride of my package extension and now when I download anything with that extension my computer doesn't recognize it. Is there anything I can do? I restored my computer to an earlier date and tried going through the registries, but nothing seems to turn up and google hasn't been any help at all.

Suggestions? solutions? I could really use them.
Advertisement
#2 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 2:53 AM
Default Hopeful Solution
Sounds like a mean program. I would get rid of that program first of all.

I'm going to upload the registry entry for the ".package" extention from my pc. Just install it and it should work again and if it doesn't then no harm done :P

Hope it helps mate.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  package.zip (247 Bytes, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 3:15 AM
Right click / Open with, then browse to the application you want to use to open with. However you don't need to associate .package files with anything unless you want to edit them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 3:23 AM
But I can't open them at all, that's the trouble. My computer doesn't recognize them.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 3:31 AM
Like I said, unless you need to edit them you don't need to open them. The game will read anything with the .package file extension and they don't need to be associated with anything for it to do so. What makes you think your computer doesn't recognize them?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 3:34 AM
oh, I....hang on.

Never mind! I'm so sorry, I've been completely thick. I thought you had to do all this nonsense/

Thank you! I've got it now