Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:03 PM
Default Food Ingredients Mesh
Hello everyone!
I'm trying to find the meshes of the ingredients in a meal, but no success.
In the pictures you can see the sim prepare the recipe Potato and Truffle Torte, belong to Sims 3 Supernatural expansion.

I want to know where I can find those meshes. ( the tray, the wooden board and the ingredients)
I look in the file package expansion, but found nothing.
Can anyone guide me to know where I have to look for?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:26 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 29th Jan 2015 at 12:42 PM.
you can find the model name for the ingredients and the tray in the recipemasterlist.xml
wooden board is defined inside the cooking process xml for the Potato and Truffle Torte.

Quote:
<Data>
<Recipe_Key>PotatoAndTruffleTorte</Recipe_Key> ---------------- unique recipe key
<Recipe_Name>PotatoAndTruffleTorte</Recipe_Name>
<CodeVersion>EP7</CodeVersion>
<ModelCodeVersion>BaseGame</ModelCodeVersion>
<Recipe_Description>PotatoAndTruffleTorteDescription</Recipe_Description>
<Recipe_Class>PotatoAndTruffleTorte</Recipe_Class> --------------- cooking process xml
<Level>9</Level>
<Skill_Chunk>700</Skill_Chunk>
<Learnable>True</Learnable>
<Can_Be_Favorite>x</Can_Be_Favorite>
<Can_Burn>x</Can_Burn>
<Can_Spoil>x</Can_Spoil>
<Lunch>x</Lunch>
<Dinner>x</Dinner>
<Ingredient_1>Truffles</Ingredient_1>-------------- modelname
<Ingredient_2>Egg</Ingredient_2>-------------- modelname
<Ingredient_3>Potato</Ingredient_3>-------------- modelname
<Is_Vegetarian>x</Is_Vegetarian>
<Create_In_Fridge>FoodTray</Create_In_Fridge> ------------------------ tray
<Container_Type>Plate</Container_Type>
<Can_Make_Single>x</Can_Make_Single>
<Can_Make_Group>x</Can_Make_Group>
<Single_Full>foodEatPotatoTruffleTorte#full;EP7</Single_Full> -------------- modelname#geostate:material
<Single_Half>foodEatPotatoTruffleTorte#half;EP7</Single_Half>
<Single_Empty>foodEatPotatoTruffleTorte#used;EP7</Single_Empty>
<Single_Full_Burnt>foodEatPotatoTruffleTorte#full:Burnt;EP7</Single_Full_Burnt>
<Single_Half_Burnt>foodEatPotatoTruffleTorte#half:Burnt;EP7</Single_Half_Burnt>
<Single_Empty_Burnt>foodEatPotatoTruffleTorte#used:Burnt;EP7</Single_Empty_Burnt>
<Group_Full>foodServePotatoTruffleTorte#full;EP7</Group_Full>
<Group_Half>foodServePotatoTruffleTorte#half;EP7</Group_Half>
<Group_Empty>foodServePotatoTruffleTorte#used;EP7</Group_Empty>
<Group_Full_Burnt>foodServePotatoTruffleTorte#full:Burnt;EP7</Group_Full_Burnt>
<Group_Half_Burnt>foodServePotatoTruffleTorte#half:Burnt;EP7</Group_Half_Burnt>
<Group_Empty_Burnt>foodServePotatoTruffleTorte#used:Burnt;EP7</Group_Empty_Burnt>
<Utensil>fork</Utensil>
<RegisterCost>80</RegisterCost>
<VenueCost>80</VenueCost>
</Data>

BTW: the instance key for ingredients and recipes models uses a different hash function. you will find in the link below.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...020#post4599020
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:38 PM
Ok, Then is not a single mesh as in The Sims 2? they are all separate meshes, joins into the game to make them look like that?
Inventor
#4 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inu300988
Ok, Then is not a single mesh as in The Sims 2? they are all separate meshes, joins into the game to make them look like that?

right...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:47 PM
Then, to convert the table of ingredients to The Sims 2, I extract each mesh separately. Is this correct?
Inventor
#6 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inu300988
Then, to convert the table of ingredients to The Sims 2, I extract each mesh separately. Is this correct?

right..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:50 PM
Thank you very much for your help!!!, I was looking like crazy an entire mesh with all items.
Inventor
#8 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:55 PM Last edited by Arsil : 29th Jan 2015 at 1:12 PM.
Hi ^^
Here's a method to find what you are looking for. Not sure if it is the quickest or the easiest one
(maybe cloning the object with S3OC, without renumbering, sometimes can be the faster method
to get the resources' ids).

With S3PE, write in the name filter the complete name or a prefix of what you are looking for,
activate the filter (tick the checkbox of the Name filter, click on "Set" and tick the checkbox
"Filter active") and then open Fullbuild0.package. You'll get a filtered list of all resources with
the name you specified. Not all resources have a human readable name, but usually there's
always a way to get them all, and this is a good starting point.

I'll make you a practical example: put "foodtray" as filter, then open Fullbuild0.
You wont get the meshes directly (MLOD and MODL resources), so look for the OBJK resource.
Right click on the OBJK and select "Edit OBJK". Now click on TGI blocks (on the bottom/left),
select the VPXY in the list (it's the only item there) and click on "Copy RK" (RK stands for Resource Key),
in this way you'll have the TGI (type, group and instance identifiers) of the VPXY in your clipboard.
Click "Abandon", then click "Abandon" again to go back to the main S3PE window.
Now click on "Paste RK", tick the checkboxes of the fields ResourceType, ResourceGroup and Instance,
remove the name filter and click "Set". You'll get the VPXY of the foodtray, it contains the
references to the meshes. Right click on it and select "Edit VPXY" and you'll get a list of
all the resources, you'll see there a MODL and a MLOD for this particular object.
Clicking on "TGI Blocks" like we did before you can copy the RK of the resource and do
another search, the last one, to find the mesh (use only the "Instance" as filter so you'll
find both at the same time).
EDIT: not sure if it's a convention or just a coincidence but in this case the VPXY has the
same Instance ID of the meshes, so we could have skipped a step.

You can use this system for other resources (keeping in mind that stuff from EPs must be
searched in their respective FullBuildX.package and depending on the type of resource
you'll have to check also FullBuild1/2 or DeltaBuild0/1/2), but for ingredients is different
because they don't have a specific OBJD/OBJK.
So, let me see what's the best way to search them...

EDIT: Oh, I see it took me too much time to reply ^^
Yep, what douglasveiga said about ingredients and recipes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 5:25 PM
Thank you so much Arsil!, All knowledge is always welcome!