Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One Minute Ninja'd
#4826 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 5:14 PM
OK, here's a stupid question. I got a sim in my household who wanted to be a Rock Star. Now, I haven't played that career track in forever, so figured, why not? Something different. So I move her up the ladder, and have her perform lots of concerts on her rise to the top. Not just during work hours, but outside of scheduled work, because I remembered that's important to building up her performance standing. So, by the time she was a Pop Icon (level 9), her performances were outstanding, with a big, dark green happy face. Yay, right?

So she hits Rock Star. Now, I remember that as a Rock Star, you sill had ratings for mood and performances. If you didn't keep up your performances, you could slip backwards in your "score" on that. Except now, the tab states only Perform Concerts. There are no happy (or unhappy faces) for mood or performances present. Is this something that happened through some patch, or is she just glitched? She has no trouble performing concerts and getting paid, but I swear I remember the performance thing remained important even after you reached Rock Star level 10 status. Didn't it?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#4827 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
My Sims can't use objects placed on a counter when that counter is under a cabinet. I don't think this is normal. And if not normal, anyone knows what (EP, SP, patch) broke it?

I used to make kitchens with cabinets all the time before (I was running all EPs up to LN - that is the "before" I'm implying) and never noticed this strange behavior.

I just briefly tested, and yes, apparently counters are unusable if they're beneath cabinets? In my test, all counters have cabinets above, and I can't cook because it says the dish requires a countertop for preparation. Once I sell one of the cabinets, I can finally cook.

Just call me Nikel
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4828 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
OK, here's a stupid question. I got a sim in my household who wanted to be a Rock Star. Now, I haven't played that career track in forever, so figured, why not? Something different. So I move her up the ladder, and have her perform lots of concerts on her rise to the top. Not just during work hours, but outside of scheduled work, because I remembered that's important to building up her performance standing. So, by the time she was a Pop Icon (level 9), her performances were outstanding, with a big, dark green happy face. Yay, right?

So she hits Rock Star. Now, I remember that as a Rock Star, you sill had ratings for mood and performances. If you didn't keep up your performances, you could slip backwards in your "score" on that. Except now, the tab states only Perform Concerts. There are no happy (or unhappy faces) for mood or performances present. Is this something that happened through some patch, or is she just glitched? She has no trouble performing concerts and getting paid, but I swear I remember the performance thing remained important even after you reached Rock Star level 10 status. Didn't it?
I think it happened through a patch quite some time ago.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4829 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I just briefly tested, and yes, apparently counters are unusable if they're beneath cabinets? In my test, all counters have cabinets above, and I can't cook because it says the dish requires a countertop for preparation. Once I sell one of the cabinets, I can finally cook.

It might depend on the cabinets. I have base cabinets that work fine with upper cabinets installed. Is this occurring with cc cabinets or EA cabinets?
Scholar
#4830 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:25 PM
About cabinets, all of them that aren't functioning in my game are EA. No store or CC cabinets - I have none of those. And the base game ones do seem to work for me too. At least that one with the pans does.

Ah, well, at least I am not imagining things, even if the problem is unsolved.

The question I came here to ask now is about parties, more specifically venue parties. How do you end the venue party? I have to save and reload (to fix an unrelated issue) but the party is mid-way and if I save and reload now, the party will be ruined (as in, it will be as if there was no party, which is my experience with these things thus far).
So, any way to send the guests home and not ruin the party? (It's a pool party, btw.)

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#4831 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
It might depend on the cabinets. I have base cabinets that work fine with upper cabinets installed. Is this occurring with cc cabinets or EA cabinets?

I only tested with ITF cabinets; I forgot to mention that. Those cabinets probably are bugged.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#4832 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 9:34 PM Last edited by ChinchillaJesus : 20th Nov 2014 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Details
After spending 3 hours looking for the mod that made it completely impossible to change into outerwear, I FINALLY found the little fucker. The mod that screwed up the outerwear completely is the no curfew mod.

(The out of date one by Nysha, I installed because I was too much of a dumbtits to read the description)

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Scholar
#4833 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 6:27 AM
Question about dating/groups and beach venues - is it possible to have a successful date at a beach? My Sims seem to drop out of the grouping situations whenever they get to a beach. It is annoying, to say the least. As soon as someone gets into the beach towel, all groups are off.

Is this normal?

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#4834 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:37 AM
Thinking about having a go with CAW. Any recommended walkthroughs/beginner guides you have found really good? Preferably a video.
Scholar
#4835 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:48 AM
Is there any cheaty way of forcing sims from a vacation world to visit your sims? I've got a wedding coming up and I really don't want to be depending on the unpredictable and fussy "invite foreign visitors" interaction to get the groom's family in the right country.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Instructor
#4836 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:57 AM Last edited by miarell : 25th Nov 2014 at 7:33 PM.
I want to back up my TS3 Store item incase the site shuts down someday. Is there a way to download them without using the launcher or do I just have to install them first before converting them?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.
Lab Assistant
#4837 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:53 PM
@Gingerxyz well you could edit town click on that world in the corner, and temp move them to the main world

delivered by my carrier pigeon, Jim Geom.
Field Researcher
#4838 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:25 PM
Anyone know if there's a way to get default replacement skins to work properly on aliens?

As of right now, DR skins break the visual override as soon as alien Sims age up to teen (not DR eyes, for some reason), and no matter what I do I can't get the visual override to show up so aliens have black eyes again.
Alchemist
#4839 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 6:00 PM
Do the Enlightenment Elixir and Potent Enlightenment Elixir work for anyone? As soon as my Sim sleeps with the moodlet, the notification says my Sim's skill has increased, but in fact it stays the same! Was it broken in a patch? I recall it worked well back in Supernatural.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#4840 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 4:16 AM
My Sims can't use objects placed on a counter when that counter is under a cabinet. I don't think this is normal. And if not normal, anyone knows what (EP, SP, patch) broke it?

I used to make kitchens with cabinets all the time before (I was running all EPs up to LN - that is the "before" I'm implying) and never noticed this strange behavior.

mine seem to work just fine...i have no mods...and no 3rd party content...

Instructor
#4841 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 9:00 PM
Is there any way to trigger meteor without using cheats? Stargazing or other? In all these years I have only had two meteor crashings.
Instructor
#4842 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 10:10 PM
You can direct an alien with full brain power to summon one
Scholar
#4843 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 9:02 AM
I now have another problem. The coupons that the Frugal Sims clip/find on the net don't actually provide any discount. I get a message along the lines of "Something or other is now $250. It used to be $250. That's 30% off!" And while this type of message is mildly entertaining, at least when you first see it, it's clearly stating that there's no discount.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

One Minute Ninja'd
#4844 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 12:22 PM
I now have another problem. The coupons that the Frugal Sims clip/find on the net don't actually provide any discount. I get a message along the lines of "Something or other is now $250. It used to be $250. That's 30% off!" And while this type of message is mildly entertaining, at least when you first see it, it's clearly stating that there's no discount.

That's just EA subliminally conditioning you to believe those items they sell through Origin or the Store are really on sale.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4845 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 3:46 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 2nd Jan 2015 at 6:47 PM.

Yes, I can confirm that Spa discount coupons are broken as they do not give you any discount. But if I remember it correctly, they still give you the "Good Deal" moodlet if you use the coupon nevertheless.
Book discounts, however, work but they are broken in a different way as often they offer books from EPs that are not available in a homeworld bookstore, like WA recipes, books from the future or books you can only receive through opportunities or the AMB time machine.
Discounts from the grocery store seem to be fine.
Instructor
#4846 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 11:57 PM
Is it still possible to play the band career? I have ITF and along with it the bug that makes Sims reject skill opportunities upon answering the phone. For a long while I thought it was just weird wrong numbers, but google proved me wrong. I'm on week 9 of my save file and my band has only successfully gotten one gig so far. I've been letting their phones ring without answering it and downloaded the mod to make gig opportunities more frequent which hasn't helped. I also downloaded the mod to let them audition for gigs, but they get rejected every time even though they're all friends and have at least 6 skill points in their chosen instrument. Honestly, I'm out of ideas.
Alchemist
#4847 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRedRaven
Is it still possible to play the band career? I have ITF and along with it the bug that makes Sims reject skill opportunities upon answering the phone. For a long while I thought it was just weird wrong numbers, but google proved me wrong. I'm on week 9 of my save file and my band has only successfully gotten one gig so far. I've been letting their phones ring without answering it and downloaded the mod to make gig opportunities more frequent which hasn't helped. I also downloaded the mod to let them audition for gigs, but they get rejected every time even though they're all friends and have at least 6 skill points in their chosen instrument. Honestly, I'm out of ideas.

I don't know about the bug, but icarus_allsorts has a mod that allows you to manually audition for a band gig to get the gig opportunity. I think it's more logical and fluid than depending yourself on the arbitrary opportunity phone calls. You can get the mod here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=532058. See if the opportunity actually comes up. If it doesn't, then that bug needs fixing... somehow.

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#4848 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 5:38 AM Last edited by TheRedRaven : 3rd Jan 2015 at 5:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I don't know about the bug, but icarus_allsorts has a mod that allows you to manually audition for a band gig to get the gig opportunity. I think it's more logical and fluid than depending yourself on the arbitrary opportunity phone calls. You can get the mod here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=532058. See if the opportunity actually comes up. If it doesn't, then that bug needs fixing... somehow.

That's one of the mods I mention in my original post. It just doesn't seem to work for me. Do you use it? Do you know how easy it should be for them to get a gig? They don't even get accepted at dive bars. Their first audition was at Waylon's Haunt and they were rejected, and the next three I tried were all failures as well. Maybe I just haven't tried enough.
Alchemist
#4849 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 8:00 AM
That's one of the mods I mention in my original post. It just doesn't seem to work for me. Do you use it? Do you know how easy it should be for them to get a gig? They don't even get accepted at dive bars. Their first audition was at Waylon's Haunt and they were rejected, and the next three I tried were all failures as well. Maybe I just haven't tried enough.

Oh, my bad! I didn't read the last few sentences of your post. x_x I have the mod... but I haven't used it because my Sims haven't formed a band since I had it. Before I used the mod, I used MasterController to instantly get the opportunity.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#4850 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 2:51 PM Last edited by minutegold : 3rd Jan 2015 at 8:02 PM.
Is it still possible to play the band career? ...

I am currently using the Late Night Gig Scheduler Deluxe from Nona Mena. The one I hung* in my band's home stopped working, but the ones I placed at the venues still give gigs and opportunities.

You can find it in the remains of Simlogical: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...ploadsIndex.htm .

Edit:* I hung it! Like a picture. Although having hanged it would explain why it stopped working.
Page 194 of 385