Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:52 PM Last edited by KittyKuba : 25th Jun 2015 at 5:08 AM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural
Default [solved]Eliminated corrupt CC/game still crashes// Dashboard not running
Hi, i really hate to do this but I've been searching for a solution for 48 hrs to my multiple problems.

My original problem was that my game would never fully load. So I parsed my .packages and downloads folders (deleted caches,etc.,), found the problem content and removed it.
Because I had so much CC I downloaded CC Magic and organized all of my downloads with that. Everything with swimmingly. Load times were super fast. game had not crashed. Even built a new neighborhood.

I noticed I needed Delphy's Dashboard to seek out and destroy corruption so I downloaded that from here but when I run the .exe I get the "Dashboard has stopped working" message and nothing. I checked my sys., I have the required software to run it. I'm not sure what's happening and I haven't come up with any helpful search results here or on the greater internet/

But the really awful thing that i'm googling and searching around for answer to is that most of my CC seems to be missing after using CC to organize it. I checked my configuration in CC magic and I have all my sets enabled.
That's where I got my latest crash- in CAS when I started looking for the missing files I got the "The sims has stopped working" crash to desktop.

I have no idea what's happening. I have Kuree's Save Cleaner as well. I've never used it because I uninstalled my game 2 days ago when it stopped loading and have no saves. The save in which the latest crashed happened doesn't even have an active family; I was in the process of making once. Should I run the Save Cleaner anyway?

What about Error Trap? Should I use that as well?

I should probably get some sleep. That might help too.

I'm sorry for my n00b post, I'm sure you guys have to read junk like this all the time. But if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Everything else has been working fine. The only lag I ever had was associated with CC and save game bloat

[Device Config]
=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2494 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2925 RAM: 8071 Adjusted RAM: 7559 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Family: 6
Model: 10
Cores: 2
HT: 1
x64: 0
Memory: 8071MB
Free memory: 5414MB
User: Kitty
Computer: MIMI
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Name (database): Mobile IvyBridge GT2 [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 0166, Board: 05521028, Chipset: 0009
Driver: nvumdshim.dll, Version: 9.18.13.4052, GUID: D7B78E66-4226-11CF-4C7C-5F25B4C2C435
Driver version: 4052
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 4032MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1

EDIT: 6/24/14; Partially Solved! Dashboard wasn't working because I needed the .dll files extracted into the same folder as the .exe as well.
The game still crashes because??? Idk, i'll never play a legacy at this point
Luckily I only have 16 or so patterns in my game so I'll be editing lines so I'll be able to have my CC magic cake and eat it too without materializing materials.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyKuba
I noticed I needed Delphy's Dashboard to seek out and destroy corruption so I downloaded that from here but when I run the .exe I get the "Dashboard has stopped working" message and nothing. I checked my sys., I have the required software to run it. I'm not sure what's happening and I haven't come up with any helpful search results here or on the greater internet

Have you tried to run Dashboard in Windows 7 compatibility mode?

The only lag I ever had was associated with CC and save game bloat

that's the reason why I converted all of my CC into package file with Sims3Pack Multi Installer then merged them and put them in my mods folder, I also use Kuree's Save Cleaner and Error Trap, I don't have lag since I have no CC but only mods package files.

I should probably get some sleep. That might help too.

yes you should.. then try to fix them after you have enough rest
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Have you tried to run Dashboard in Windows 7 compatibility mode?

that's the reason why I converted all of my CC into package file with Sims3Pack Multi Installer then merged them and put them in my mods folder, I also use Kuree's Save Cleaner and Error Trap, I don't have lag since I have no CC but only mods package files.

yes you should.. then try to fix them after you have enough rest

Thanks, PapaEmy. I'm not sure how to run Dashboard in windows 7 compatibility mode. Is that something I chose upon start up?

Looking back, I realized I was doing 3 different things- sifting CC and putting it back and then using CC Magic. In the process of following the steps to clear my cache etc., each restart it looks like I deleted at least 2 files from my DCCache folder.

I didn't back anything up either

Idk if that's causing the problem with the majority of my CC showing up in CC Magic and not in the game but I think so.
The other sudden crashing to desktop problem seems to be fixed now. I adjusted something in some control panel folder per instructions in the help section.

edit: nvm, although i have the "missingdeps" file and the .dbc and .ebc files I was sure there was another in there.
plus they're to do with the launcher so i'm not sure. ...
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 1:25 PM
I'm not sure how to run Dashboard in windows 7 compatibility mode. Is that something I chose upon start up?

No, you need to go to Sims3Dashboard folder where you have installed it, then right click on Sims3Dasboard.exe file, click Properties, and then open Compatibility Tab, then check the box to run this program in compatibility mode for, you have options to choose from Windows XP to Windows 7 compatibility mode, then click apply and/or ok.

Now try to run it again as an administrator, if it's still won't run then you might have more complex problem than expected, I'm not really familiar with Windows 8, but I heard a lot problem from my friends running Windows 8 with their games, downgrading it to Windows 7 or XP usually solves the problem.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
No, you need to go to Sims3Dashboard folder where you have installed it, then right click on Sims3Dasboard.exe file, click Properties, and then open Compatibility Tab, then check the box to run this program in compatibility mode for, you have options to choose from Windows XP to Windows 7 compatibility mode, then click apply and/or ok.

Now try to run it again as an administrator, if it's still won't run then you might have more complex problem than expected, I'm not really familiar with Windows 8, but I heard a lot problem from my friends running Windows 8 with their games, downgrading it to Windows 7 or XP usually solves the problem.

Okay, that's where the breakdown is. I can't even install. I click on the .exe and it gives the "dashboard has stopped working" error.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 8:15 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 16th Jun 2015 at 8:28 PM.
Okay, that's where the breakdown is. I can't even install. I click on the .exe and it gives the "dashboard has stopped working" error.

oops.. my bad, you don't need to install it, you just need to extracted it using WinRAR, then try right clicking it and go to properties to choose its compatibility mode

if it still isn't working, try re-download it from here http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006, I just tested it, it works fine

PS: maybe you need an update for NET framework 4.5 that works with windows 8 to make it work, try it here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=36377
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 8:50 PM
Thanks so much PapaEmy. I followed your instructions and got the same crash message. ???

In the end, although I love the rapid load time of CC magic, I can't do without the CC that's not showing up in my game and not being able to CASt without the materializing materials error. I'm nervous about editing lines of script in S3PE so I guess I'll uninstall CC Magic and look into another way to compress files.

For now, deleting a beautiful but error-ful selfsim, using errorTrap and cleaning out corupt CC has cured my crashing problem. Fingers crossed.