Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 2:10 AM Last edited by UkendtNavn : 14th Jun 2015 at 11:02 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default Traits not showing up?
Okay, so, I'm really sorry if this in the wrong place. I tried searching everything I could. Now I have recently started up the sims 3 again. And, my recent family has an issue, well... it's not game breaking it seems but it's kind of weird/annoying for me. The married couple does not know anything about each other's traits, after a long game time? I'm sure that's not normal. They should have figured everything out about each other by now. -They only know each other are rich, the zodiac, and that they are married? And I tried going to lifetime rewards to buy that trait that supposedly would help, but the lifetime rewards thing appears blank. Completely so.
I don't know what to do at this point.
Thanks so much for any help, and again, sorry if I did this wrong.
Edit : The game understands the traits, but the other sims don't. Absolutely no sims are able to find out each others' traits...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:36 AM
I have this same problem and have found out a few things in experimenting. The "observant" trait lets the sims know all the traits of every sim they meet, but I don't know if sims will learn the traits of sims they already know this way. There are the interactions that are specific to their own traits (such as "talk about self" for snob sims) that they can use with another sim and then that sim will learn their trait, but these haven't worked for me with sims that are already in the same household. However, I do know that if the sims use the "chat" interaction they will eventually learn all the traits and favorites of the other sim (although this may take constant chatting).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
I have this same problem and have found out a few things in experimenting. The "observant" trait lets the sims know all the traits of every sim they meet, but I don't know if sims will learn the traits of sims they already know this way. There are the interactions that are specific to their own traits (such as "talk about self" for snob sims) that they can use with another sim and then that sim will learn their trait, but these haven't worked for me with sims that are already in the same household. However, I do know that if the sims use the "chat" interaction they will eventually learn all the traits and favorites of the other sim (although this may take constant chatting).

Thank you so much for this, I'll keep this in mind next time I had actually used a bad mod I think. Apparently it would have worked, but only in English. My game isn't in English, so it wasn't working properly at all Kind of sad but since it isn't important I removed it.
I'm wondering now if there's a way to save the house I built? I think I should just redo it at this point though... I had forgotten EA's default story progression was bad and I now appear to have some neighbourhood corruption. 3 game weeks isn't much of a loss I guess, though I did achieve a lot.