Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:37 AM
Default More Information
When do you think the next round of information will come out for the Sims 3? I hope we get something new each month and maybe even more often as it gets closer to the release date. I check the site every few days, but don't really expect to see anything new. I hope to be pleasantly surprised one day soon.
Advertisement
#2 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:52 AM
Maybe in a few months? They're still developing the game, and can't reveal all of the information yet, even the release date, because it's still iffy and they may change something later on. By fall this year, we may be getting some big info. Maybe screenshots of the game that show the control bar?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 4:47 AM
Maybe they're afraid to show too much info because the game is constantly changing. That seems to be the most logical reason.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:25 PM
I agree with Allison and Frankie, the game is still in stages of development, and if they show us anything now, it'll more than likely have changed by the time the game reaches our hands. Maybe they don't want to dissapoint us by showing features that might get removed. I guess it's better for us this way. Besides, we already have a lot of information to drool over. I'm sure more will come as EA feel confident about it.
#5 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 6:21 PM
is the only information out at the sims 3 website? or is there a video/more screenshots somewhere else?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 6:27 PM
I think that so far, the majority of information is available at the Sims 3 website. But everything we know about the game is available here in the forums anyway.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 8:57 PM
New Sims 3 Game Facts
Wow, looks like our wish came true! More news! I may also post this at another thread but seeing as this thread is titled "More Information" I thought it would be more appropriate.

Link: http://www.infinitesims.com/content/view/974/796/

New Game Facts:
  1. When moving from one house to another and from one house to the city, Sims 3 will no longer experience any loading time.
  2. Objects now have the ability to be placed in 45° angles
  3. The AI engine in The Sims 3 has been completely revised. Sims will now also take the following points into consideration. Sims will make a decision if something is appropriate before performing an action. Such an event is: A Sim will no longer open the door in their underwear; they will first change before opening the door for their visitor.
  4. EA has taken the players into consideration in the development, and when the game is released it will not require high end graphics as with other games. Although graphics will not be able to be the bare minimum, they will not be extremely high.
  5. Rod Humble has confirmed that The Sims 3 is currently about 60% complete.
  6. Sims 3 will now also support Asian Skin Tones.
  7. Transition between Day and Night will no longer be noticeable. The game will slowly progress the light from Day to Night.
  8. Sims are able to spread gossip around the neighborhood
  9. Sims will now have a likening to certain things such as favorite Food, Color & Music.
Wow, is this cool or what??? This game truly is sounding better and better!
Instructor
#8 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:06 PM
WOW this is some good info, I love the thought of my sim have a favorite color, that is so neat!!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:12 PM
I know! And favorite food and music, too! I think EA has truly listened to us this time. We are literally getting many of the things we had hoped for (at least me, anyway). I'm glad they have a favorite food, though, because now they can look forward to meals more realistically and they don't have to eat everything just because it's food like in Sims 2. As far as favorite color, how would that work? Would they maybe prefer to wear certain outfits of that color? I mean, it's great and all, I just don't understand how it would be in the game. Food and music, I can understand. But color? I don't get it but I', still glad they do have a favorite color just for realism.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 11:17 PM
Oh wow this is some really great new info! I like the idea of the day-night transition. That's a feature well needed to be honest. In Sims 2 it just suddenly goes dark, it'll be great having a gradual change. Favourite foods will finally make cooking choices much more worth it. Like Frankie said, sims won't just eat any old rubbish just because it's food. Maybe they might dislike certain foods too? I'm guessing so, since for everything a sim could like, they could dislike it too. Sims 3 sure is sounding amazing!
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 11:27 PM
OMG Frankie, I know, especially my sim being able to say Yay hamburgers today, my favorite, or Yay we're having seafood, but as far as the the Favorite color, I think it would be based on the clothes and maybe they would go so far as to dye their hair a certain color!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I know! And favorite food and music, too! I think EA has truly listened to us this time. We are literally getting many of the things we had hoped for (at least me, anyway). I'm glad they have a favorite food, though, because now they can look forward to meals more realistically and they don't have to eat everything just because it's food like in Sims 2. As far as favorite color, how would that work? Would they maybe prefer to wear certain outfits of that color? I mean, it's great and all, I just don't understand how it would be in the game. Food and music, I can understand. But color? I don't get it but I', still glad they do have a favorite color just for realism.

Maybe if they're going to buy a car they'd prefer one in their favourite colour and it would boost their mood if they got one.
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 1:20 AM
Great find, Frankie! And favorite color, music and food! That's so cool. I wonder what other things they will show a preference for.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 11:19 AM
Wow that info is REALLY cool. I love the fact that the day to night progress is slower, i always hated the 'one minute its light the next completely dark' thing.

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Scholar
#15 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 1:50 PM
No more loading time to change house or to go the the city is a great change for me. More smooth transitions.
The day/night cycle who is detailed with there too smooth transitions. I'm sure to love these dawns and dusks especially if some clouds change the light some days.
And the game is just 60% completed. Many things will be surely add and changed.
The more I learn on this game and the more I'm waiting 2009. :p
Stupid people are stupid
#16 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by I_Love_Simming
Wow that info is REALLY cool. I love the fact that the day to night progress is slower, i always hated the 'one minute its light the next completely dark' thing.

I actually like it. Night falls literally...
Mad Poster
#17 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by livingstonekat
Maybe if they're going to buy a car they'd prefer one in their favourite colour and it would boost their mood if they got one.

That would be a great idea! It would make sense!