Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2012 at 7:29 PM Last edited by mickeymouse254 : 21st May 2012 at 5:05 AM.
Default Desperate Housewives (Gaby, Edie, Bree, Susan and Lynette)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 19th May 2012 at 7:42 PM
You have a very good start there but I think the shape of her upper lip is wrong and the lower lip needs to be slightly fuller. Her eyes could also be slightly narrower.
Scholar
#3 Old 19th May 2012 at 8:33 PM
Excellent start! I agree about the upper lip and eyes slightly narrower up and down. The eyes could, perhaps, be a little wider side to side. In addition, I'd suggest trying to move the cheekbones up a bit / make them more pronounced, if you can, and making the chin slightly more square. The nasal bridge may need to move down, be more narrow, and possibly be indented more. Maybe, turn the tip of the nose up a little. The nose shape, overall, looks close. The eyebrows are perfect! A side shot / profile would help. I'll be looking forward to an update.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th May 2012 at 8:35 PM
Oh, wow, great start!

Here's what I suggest:
- Decrease Eye Width
- Decrease Eye Scale
- Decrease Iris Size
- Increase Upper Lip Width
- Decrease Upper Lip Shape
- Increase Lower Lip Thickness
- Decrease Chin Height
- Increase Jaw Shape
- I would use different brows
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2012 at 3:23 AM
Update
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th May 2012 at 11:27 AM
I agree with all of the above changes. Good start.

Lol at SimmyRN and Ameenah, one thinks eyebrows are perfect, other thinks they need to change. I would find different ones.

You need to raise her nose or lower her eyes, either way, the nose looks too long.

Upper lip needs more of bow shape.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th May 2012 at 10:32 PM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st May 2012 at 5:06 AM

Heres a picture with better lighting
Forum Resident
#9 Old 21st May 2012 at 8:04 AM Last edited by Audrey : 21st May 2012 at 8:18 AM.
Nose is still way too long.

Irises, need to be smaller and moved to the centre of the eye.
The eye needs to be stretched horizontally.
Move her mouth up a tad.
I can see you are using LadyFrontBum's skin, but I don't like it because it gives a long stripe down the philtrum (indent between mouth and nose), you need to use Ephemera's or Praline's skins which have lovely highlighted philtrums.

Mouth and face shape are looking good.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Alchemist
#10 Old 21st May 2012 at 8:36 PM
I think Ephemera's skin would work nicely. And those eyebrows... perhaps you should change them to something more natural looking.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd May 2012 at 4:18 AM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2012 at 5:29 AM
I got a new skintone and new eyebrows that will hopefully look better, ill update tomorrow
Forum Resident
#13 Old 22nd May 2012 at 8:49 AM
Nose still too long. Look at the edge of her nostril to corner of her eye. Your sim's nose is way longer.

Irises, need to be smaller and moved to the centre of the eye.
Looking forward to your update.

Alchemist
#14 Old 22nd May 2012 at 6:56 PM
Also there should be more nostril definiton + the upper lip still isn't quite there yet.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd May 2012 at 2:14 AM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd May 2012 at 3:54 AM

Another update
Forum Resident
#17 Old 23rd May 2012 at 5:19 AM
I think you need to find a different picture to use as a comparison. Her upper lip needs to be plumper and her nose is way to narrow, with the bulb needing to be bigger. She also looks asian, not hispanic.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 23rd May 2012 at 9:00 AM
She's looking much better, almost there.

I think what is throwing her off a bit is that her lips need to be a bit more pouty and yes, upper lip a bit more plump, if that's possible, I think there is a lip plumper slider somewhere.
The nose is looking better and she does have a narrow nose. Take a ruler from the inside of the RP and sim's eye to the outside of the nostril and they should be as per the RP.
Face, ever so slightly narrower.

Great hair finds.

Mickey, it will help if you thank the people who are giving you advice.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd May 2012 at 8:32 PM
I think she looks great just have to do something bout her nose. I think you could do it....

Visit Us at My Totally Sims
Grand Opening is 03/01/12
[url/]http://totally-sims.spruz.com[/url]
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th May 2012 at 3:15 AM
Heres another update

And I mean to say thanks, but usually I just do it in the upload itself, hehe but yes, thanks guys
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th May 2012 at 4:55 AM
I changed the skin back to ladyfrontbum's, this one just had too many things that were off about it

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th May 2012 at 5:50 AM
Sorry, one more update
Forum Resident
#23 Old 24th May 2012 at 7:12 AM
Hi Mickey

I would make her look less surprised by lowering her upper lid a bit.

Also reduce the distance between her nose and mouth a tinch. Do you have a profile pic of her - that would help get the correct distance?

I'm not sure what you did but I preferred her look more in the pics before your last updates. Still don't like LFB skin for two reasons, the shading on her philtrum and the shading which is supposed to be lashes on the lower outer corner of her eyes.

Nose is looking better but if you can find a nose which has smaller nostril holes as the current ones are too big..

Sorry, eyebrows are not right. Try the ones on my Shakira sim.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th May 2012 at 1:42 PM
Overall, you've made a big improvement from your first post.

I think part of why her nose looks off is the height of her septum. You've lowered the septum height in update 22 and it looks MUCH better, but you honestly might try bringing it down a touch more. I think this combined with adjusting the size of her nostrils like Audrey has recommended will not only fix her nose with LFBs skin, but other skins will not look as "strange."

The spacing of the current brows you have is great but I'm not sure about their shape, so I also agree that you should try out a few other brows. I would also lighten their value.

A profile view will help a lot. I think it's really important to constantly consider the sim both from the front and the side.

Some Ideas For Eyebrows:
I absolutely love the default replacement eyebrows from simple life: http://simplelife.chagasi.com/sims3default.html , I would give them a shot. They've made the base game eyebrows so usable, I often pick them over other custom brows. They also have non-default custom brows on the website, so I would scroll through those.
These eyebrows by Shyne are widely spaced and have a gorgeous texture: http://www.cstylessims3forum.com/t2...xclusive-part-2
From Red Rivers: http://scarmysims.blogspot.com/2011...ebrows-2-3.html
Simmiller's Kate Beckinsale brows might be the right shape: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=442809

I also think that Joedy's most recent skin has great nostrils and works well with so many different sims, her other skins are definitely worth checking out as well:
http://therewasnothingleft.tumblr.c...uded-one-of-the
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th May 2012 at 6:32 PM
She's looking really good so far, this is what I think should be changed:
~ Move her septum down a bit
~ Widen her nose a tad
~ Give her nostrils some more scale
~ Bring her brows down a bit.
~ From your other comparison pics it looks asthough her ear should be turns out a bit more.
~ There needs to be less distance bewteen the nose and mouth, although make sure the chin stays in the same position
~ The brows also seem to be the wrong shade of brown, they seem to be more of a light brown / gingery colour.
~ Decrease the nasal crease a little bit.

To be honest with you I really don't like the skin that your using, LFB's skins always seem to have a rather over-shaded and greasy texture on the nose. I'd advice maybe changing it, although if you feel comfortable enough to use the skin then go ahead.
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: helpful sim-sculpting information.
Page 1 of 7