Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Lifetime happiness/wishes not working
I've been trying to get a specific lifetime reward and just recently I realized, my sims aren't getting any new wishes and the lifetime happiness points aren't rising at all! I've tried resetting the sims individually, quitting the game and reopening it, and switched to another saved game (not working there either). I also deleted the nraas mods that work with master controller (integration and progression) and also replaced the version of master controller I had with the newest. Does anyone know a way to fix this?
I'm using a computer that runs on windows 10, idk the other specs. This problem hasn't happened before and I had been playing the household it started on for a while before this happened.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th May 2017 at 1:01 AM
The MC Integration and Progression add-on modules shouldn't have had anything to do with LTR points. An outdated version of the MC base mod might have if it was so old that it was not for your current patch level. Do things behave any better on a modless game, with the scriptCache.package file cleared? How about if you pull your TS3 user game folder out of Documents to the desktop (you can put it back later), thus forcing the game to create a new one, and start a new game on the clean folder, any different/better?

Just checking, but you do realize that aside from wishes being granted (or not), LTR points do not rise on their own unless your sims are in Very Happy to Elated moods, correct?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2017 at 4:13 AM
Thank you for the suggestions, I'll try them out as soon as I have access to my computer again.
And yes I do know that. The family I was using had a mix of elated and sad sims, but none of them were receiving any new wishes either.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:03 AM
Now it could be that the game's Dream Manager is broken but for that to have happened in more than one ongoing saved game at the same time would be strange. Hence my suspicion that something else in the game folder such as another mod might be getting in the way. Usually ErrorTrap goes crazy reporting on this if that's what happened, assuming of course you have ErrorTrap in play.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2017 at 8:51 PM
Thank you for all your help, I finally had access to my game and went in to test the game and it's working fine again. Wishes are coming up and my super happy sims are getting LTR points. I'm not sure what caused the issue and I don't know what fixed it, but thank you for taking time out of your day to help.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th May 2018 at 10:50 PM
I know this is an old thread but allow me to make a post with the solution. Apparently, that happens when the game bugs out for some reason (if you have Errortrap by NRAAS you can see a full error report on what's broken). The only way to resolve it is firstly by navigating to your saved games folder (user-->documents-->my documents-->Elecronic Arts-->Sims 3-->Saves). You will notice there are as many saves as games you have created plus a backup for each. You will need to delete the original saved same from the (bugged neighboorhood) and then rename it's .backup as the original save (simply when renaming just delete the .backup from the name). Now when you launch the game everything should be back to normal with only a minor setback (a sim week, a few sim days etc.). Also there's no need to worry about the backup because a new one will be automatically regenerated when you play the specific game.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th May 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeitamaGenos
I know this is an old thread but allow me to make a post with the solution. Apparently, that happens when the game bugs out for some reason (if you have Errortrap by NRAAS you can see a full error report on what's broken). The only way to resolve it is firstly by navigating to your saved games folder (user-->documents-->my documents-->Elecronic Arts-->Sims 3-->Saves). You will notice there are as many saves as games you have created plus a backup for each. You will need to delete the original saved same from the (bugged neighboorhood) and then rename it's .backup as the original save (simply when renaming just delete the .backup from the name). Now when you launch the game everything should be back to normal with only a minor setback (a sim week, a few sim days etc.). Also there's no need to worry about the backup because a new one will be automatically regenerated when you play the specific game.

I would strongly suggest not relying on that one automatically generated backup file. If it's not there or just as affected as the original save, as perhaps the player saved twice pretty close in time to each other, it will not do any good should something about the game have imploded. An arguably much better save strategy is to always (or usually) use Save As and change the name of each save slightly, such as by appending a number or the date on the end of the save name. Thus you can have 4, 6, 10, or as many saves as you want for each ongoing game each from slightly different points in time to revert to should they be needed. After a while, one can delete or overwrite the older saves they no longer need to keep.

Both the NRaas Saver mod and Awesome have ways to help manage such systems of saves by (optionally) reminding the player that it's time to save and auto-suggesting the next saved game name to use in sequence.

We don't know what really went wrong with the OP's game here as it appeared to have fixed itself. If it really was a Dream Manager meltdown such as that which ErrorTrap would immediately begin barking about, then yes reverting to a prior save would be a good thing to try. In this case, it sounds like it might have been something more minor.

Dream Managers that are stuck but not necessarily broken can be kick-started again by using MasterController to reset the sims (or Reset Everything from the Town Menu if necessary). Individual sims' Dream Managers can also be restarted using DebugEnabler, a different mod, without having to be so intrusive. But this player had reported the same issue on different ongoing games, which did suggest that something else we never determined was to blame there.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:58 AM
Funny how you described what happened in my case. When the game broke (and before I realise something was off) I DID save twice. Personally I thought the game gliched because my sim ate a jely bean from the magic bush and expired. When the grim reaper showed up I just reset my sim and I used to believe that was what bugged the whole thing (the grim reaper just left). And after trying several solutions only the one posted above seems to work (idek why). Note that my other games were unaffected. However, since I have ErrorTrap installed here is what it found to maybe help prevent future similar issues
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ScriptError_user-PC__05-15-2018__15-27-11__01B5B761 - Copy.rar (2.1 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th May 2018 at 5:12 PM Last edited by igazor : 16th May 2018 at 6:17 PM.
I cannot decompress that rar file using any of the tools available to me on Windows or Mac at the moment, keep getting that the file inside is corrupt or missing. But if you would like someone to see the ErrorTrap log, it would be better to upload it to us at NRaas, perhaps using a different kind of compression like zip or 7z to see if that works out.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th May 2018 at 6:41 PM
I don't have an account on WikiSpaces and since they are closing down I don't see the point in making one. Here are some screenshots of the entire report. If you still have a problem I can try posting them via Facebook on the NRAAS official page. Also, thank you for your time!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th May 2018 at 7:52 PM
The point of becoming an NRaas member would be to have the ability to start a conversation there and upload logs to the site for our developer and other helpful members to see. NRaas memberships and such conversations (message board threads) will be converted to the new site if you log in there when it becomes available to do so, can't give a date yet but sometime before the end of September. But okay, if you're not interested that's fine too although the support we can provide here on MTS is limited.

What you are showing is a routine ErrorTrap correction log. It is not a set of "real" errors and has nothing to do with the issues described. Perhaps some other ET logs were generated at around the same time?
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap%20Reading%20Logs
(see "Not Actually Errors")
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th May 2018 at 11:17 AM
There were no other logs generated at the time, however, I keep getting the same routine ones plus some new ones exclusively on my broken game and for my sim (screenshots posted bellow). Also, I noticed a specific error occuring even in unaffected games (I don't know if it's important or not). When the Spring Festival arrives in town there are eggs lying on the groung to be picked up and they sometimes contain useful stuff. When my sims go and pick them up ErrorTrap resets them (without even a notification popping up sometimes) and the eggs dissapear from their inventory (but the items they may have found in them do not!). This error occured around the same time the one I mentioned before did so the may be related. On the topic of LTP everything seems to be working as it should so I'm really lost on what's going on with my game. Ever since that bug, errors seem to be popping up left and right, !

Edit: I forgot to mention that I also have Overwatch and it routinely checks on the game to keep it running smothly wich is maybe why I don't get other non-routine error logs ( I have it checking hourly for unroutable/stuck etc. sims amongst other things).
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:21 PM
Afraid I don't know why your Easter Eggs are broken. The script error is reading as if there were a mod interfering with or intended to enhance those objects and it is outdated or incompatible with something else -- "Null value is found where an object instance is required" is usually a sign of a mishbehaving mod from another party. If you could try this, does the same thing happen on a test run with NRaas mods only in play? If so, I'm afraid we are back to where our developer at NRaas would need to see these error logs to be able to assist over there.

I also don't know why this sim has Level 9 Prostitute as a career, but will have to guess that's a harmless custom career running on the Careers mod platform and thus totally not related. There doesn't seem to be any evidence of the KinkyWorld mod being in play, so am assuming that it is not from that.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th May 2018 at 9:54 PM Last edited by SeitamaGenos : 19th May 2018 at 12:47 PM.
Hello again. While I was away I recalled having the broken game playing (before turning to the internet for help and prior to installing the ErrorTrap mod) and back then while I was still trying to fix it I had my sim go to the Spring Festival and pick the eggs and everything went ok (without them breaking). The point of me doing that at was trying to make wishes reappear to be fulfilled (like they usually do when going to festivals) but of course it didn't work so I quit without saving. Now, AFTER I installed ErrorTrap (thinking it could fix my game) the error started occuring (false positive maybe?). It would make sense since I don't have any mods for festival items. Anyway, I will try running the game without ErrorTrap and see if things work. As for the career thing It's simple CC that I had WAY BACK (before even starting my first family and of course with the CAREER mod). I like spicing my games a little you see wich is i am checking the mod you mentioned, thank you very much!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th May 2018 at 10:13 PM
Just to make sure I'm not giving the wrong impression here, I'm not worried about how many of your sims are...uhm...working professionals. We do, after all, provide and support Woohooer and its Kama Simtra module.

Purely from a technical standpoint, custom careers are generally fine unless they were not made well and produce career specific errors (not what you are reporting at all). The Kinky mod is very far-reaching, incompatible with many NRaas mods, and is not at all conducive to long-running games that do not fall apart sooner than the player would like. I was not recommending it, I was saying hopefully that one was not in play while you're still sorting out other errors and issues as it will only stand to confuse things and make your games run more poorly in the meantime.