Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 8:34 AM
This is getting ANNOYING!!!
So, I called the matchmaker, because my sim's first and second husbands died by drowning (oops :D) and I needed a new one, a townie, because I wanted cute children. Every frigging time I pay the biatch with as much as she can swallow, she brings that old goat Makato St. Julien or whatever! I was like WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? I'M PAYING YOU, WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE!!!
Did it happen to you guys as well?

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 8:41 AM
The Matchmaker will summon the best match for your Sim according to her aspiration, turn ons/offs and sign.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 8:56 AM
Yes, but I changed her turn-ons and turn-offs and it STILL spawns the old guy! I even deleted him with move objects and nothing!!!

Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 9:04 AM
Well, since I don't like to advocate killing Sims, how about you fire the Matchmaker and get your own Find-A-Mate Crystal Ball? ( http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0 ). It gives you five mates to pick from, so you'd have at least four that aren't that old man.
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 9:04 AM
Deleting townies with the moveobjects cheat won't do much. They'd just respawn and show up sometime later to annoy your Sim.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 11:48 AM
Or you can try aging him down. Some of those elders actually look decent as adults.
Theorist
#7 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 12:14 PM
Just end his existence in any way that pleases you most. He's got one foot in the grave and you admit your strong dislike of him, so killing him will be both satisfying and constructive. You also will be doing the Grim Reaper the favor of not having to count the days while watching him lose the rest of his teeth. And afterward, you and your new significant other can move into his old house and woohoo on his bed. I think drowning him in the pool would be appropriate since you thirst to have a family and he is damming up the rest of the ocean from reaching you.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 12:23 PM Last edited by Lili975 : 18th Oct 2010 at 2:24 PM.
Do you exit without saving each time? Because as far as I know, she will only pick sims your sim has not met yet. Just meet him. The matchmaker should not consider him any more next time you waste your sim's money with the old rag.
I switched to Twojeff's crystal ball too, just couldn't stand the spitting any.freaking.more.

Quote: Originally posted by rome_raven
Or you can try aging him down. Some of those elders actually look decent as adults.

He definitely doesn't
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 2:12 PM
BTW, he makes butt ugly hook nosed kiddies with no chin and is as annoying as heck as a playable.
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 2:57 PM
I usually don't bother with the Gypsy Matchmaker- she is useless and if you have any EP past Seasons she is also broken and you can no longer approach her on a community lot -which you are supposed to be able to do. I just download an autonomous romance mod and send my Sims downtown- poof instant spouse- You can find that at Simbology as well
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 3:01 PM
You can also make someone in CAS that will match her aspiration, zodiac sign, turn ons and turn offs perfectly. Then its just a matter of getting them to meet which probably won't be hard.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Garambola
Well, since I don't like to advocate killing Sims, how about you fire the Matchmaker and get your own Find-A-Mate Crystal Ball? ( http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0 ). It gives you five mates to pick from, so you'd have at least four that aren't that old man.

Thanks! Exactly what I needed.
And now, my little pixel gypsy... IT'S GONNA BE YAW LAST DAY!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA!!!

Instructor
#13 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 2:00 AM
Wow... just came in to say it's been awhile since I literally LoL'd at someone's post, and the OP was too funny! I knew exactly who you were talking about =D

I have a middle aged sim (well now she's about to go into elderhood) who's with him. He's the only one she's highly attracted to, though they met at their apartment complex xD
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 4:38 PM
I HATE that guy! I HATE HATE HATE him! When my sims get old, I don't even play them anymore, elders are so uninteresting!

Theorist
#15 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 6:44 PM
I wouldn't know because I don't play elders. Because the thought of being old bothers me. But it is entertaining to see elders in good enough spirits to share a jacuzzi with younger sims or dance.
Inventor
#16 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 9:25 PM
Christ, seems like a few people here should definitely consider voluntary euthanasia when they hit 60 because the idea of being "old" obviously bothers them.

We have a programme over in the UK about how elderly people are often fitter than younger generations due to the explosion of obesity in young kids, for example.

Actually I find it fairly depressing at the fear - loathing almost - of anyone seen as apparently "past it". How miserable and bitter you're going to end up if you hate the idea of getting old.

It seems endemic of western society too where youth and beauty are glorified while senior citizens are pushed aside. In most Eastern cultures, old age - especially among women - is revered and older generations respected.
Undead Molten Llama
#17 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 9:41 PM
^ I agree entirely with the above vent, but it's probably because I'll be 47 in the not-too-distant future. Young folk do usually fear growing old, and to them 30 seems positively ancient, but it seems to be a fear that most get over as they, indeed, get older. Especially once they find out that life generally tends to get better as one ages, even if only in the sense that one tends to acquire the wisdom to better deal with its inevitable ups and downs.

That said, Elders in the game can be kind of boring, IMO. I often have difficulty keeping them occupied, unless they keep their jobs. AND I think the stage is entirely too long, when a Sim has led a good life and ages to elder when platinum. So, I have shortened the Elder life stage in my game and added the days to adulthood. But I do still like to play Elders, in general. MUCH more so than I like to play Teens. Maybe it's just because I can relate better to the grey-haired Elders.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#18 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 9:44 PM
I fear of turning 21 next month. Going back to the subject.. I dont rely on the matchmaker anymore, unless I want to see who she gives my simmies just for kicks, since its usually a terrible appearance-wise match if they were actually a couple. If i want to find my sims partners, I gotta drag em off the couch and go lady/guy hunting in community lots! lol
Theorist
#19 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 9:45 PM
jodemilo, I agree with you in theory but we are talking about a game where the elders are just a debuffed version of an adult without any benefits. Besides that, the OP is looking for a spouse and even in the most enlightened cultures I don't think it's the thing to go husband hunting among the geriatric crowd. Just the opposite in fact.
Inventor
#20 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
jodemilo, I agree with you in theory but we are talking about a game where the elders are just a debuffed version of an adult without any benefits. Besides that, the OP is looking for a spouse and even in the most enlightened cultures I don't think it's the thing to go husband hunting among the geriatric crowd. Just the opposite in fact.

I dunno, I wouldn't turn down Sean Connery for instance.
Actually I played a couple of elders in my game and quite enjoyed it apart from the obvious annoying stereotypical aspects like walking *incredibly* slowly (I'd have to get them to walk to the car pool about an hour before they actually reached it!). I played them because the elder woman was involved in a bakery business owned by another sim and I wanted to get her cooking skills up. The man I got into an "adventurer" career. I thought it would be a chore but actually it wasn't any different from playing any normal adult couple (apart from the obvious inability to have kids).

It's not the be all and end all to have sims procreate. Some adult sims I choose not to have babies at all because I'm just doing other things with them, eg running businesses, developing skills or having a great social life.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#21 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 12:50 AM
It's not the be all and end all to have sims procreate.

I genuinely wish that were true for me. Because I place so much emphasis on creating the next generation, I have too few gay couples (basically, one per generation so I don't feel like a complete ***) and would never hook up an adult male with an elder female. Heck, it would be interesting just to play a childfree couple into elderhood, but then I start to wonder what their kid would look like or how they're going to pass on the business they've worked so hard to build. I guess I don't want to see their accomplishments just evaporating from the neighborhood without descendants.

My elders, incidentally, are more fun to play because of their descendants. They basically just pursue hobbies or raise pets and host family reunions until they pass.
Inventor
#22 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 1:03 AM
Well I agree mangaroo and don't get me wrong I think it's great fun having an adult couple procreate because I'm always curious to see what the kids look like and which genes have been passed on, plus it's always nice to give them the experience of children.

This particular elder couple I played were actually from a large family I downloaded from somewhere when I was very new to the game just to get my hood numbers up. The family remained unplayed for ages until one of the teen boys got romantically involved with one of my other playables, so I then decided to completely split the family up to develop the individual characters, and moved the grandparents out on their own.

My original legacy couple however have 13 kids, tons of grandkids - some of whom are now reaching adulthood themselves - and yet I refuse to age the couple up! The man is a family sim and I still see his wants to have yet ANOTHER child - in your dreams dear!
Scholar
#23 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 1:34 AM
The elder hate is ridiculous. My legacy founder couple is slowly on their way off the mortal coil and I'm totally bummed. Their heir and her family live with them in the main house and its great having them there. No maid, incompetent nanny or butler are needed. All the young people and children skill faster because their elders can train them in hobbies and impart knowledge.

The matriarch bonded with her son-in-law as they share a hobby of gardening and love nature. She also helped him train with the punching bag so he got promoted faster and is that much closer to achieving his lifetime want thanks to mom. The husband Kent has a computer right outside the nursery so he can write and check on the kids as needed. Also since both elders are perma-plat they can always use any aspiration rewards, the toddlers in this house only drink smart milk whether they need it or not. And since they have lots of friends no one actually needs to make friends to get promoted.

And since I let them quit their jobs they have tons of free time to devote to their hobbies, hubby has written about six novels, and the wife is like a master painter at this point plus they still have time make out and flirt with each other it's awesome I love my elder couple.

Although you definitely need to find good CC for your elders the maxis crap is terrible.
Inventor
#24 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 5:13 AM
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Every player isn't going to love every little thing about the game. However, that doesn't always mean that they play the game as a mirror image of their lives, opinions and beliefs.

Some people only play the pre-made sims, some people hate them, some people love to have rug rats in every house, some people have a bunch of vampires, some people may have a bunch of servos, some people like to use the cheats. There is nothing ridiculous about people playing the game the way they like.

I hate kids in the game, but that doesn't mean I hate kids in real life. I'm old enough that most of my friends and acquaintances are elders. I know for a fact we/they aren't all as irritating as the elders in the sims. And I'm thankful that those irritating elder voices aren't the voices I listen to every day. Just like I know that kids in real life can be a lot of fun and parents very devoted to their families.

I am not a big fan of the elders in TS2 because their voices are so irritating, they move as slow as molasses in the winter, and they constantly gotta go to the bathroom. But lazy sims are also slow so I have them learn to teleport so I don't have to wait hours all the time for them to get around the lot. There aren't any rules that say people can only have a good game when they have a bunch of babies and elders in every lot.

Personally, I stick my elders in a lot at the corners of my hood and torture them with lazy sims before killing them off.

Just kidding. Actually, I'm playing the Oldies. I changed a lot about them, including their names and it is almost relaxing to play them as long as I turn the volume off. Then I just tell myself a story while they piddle around at home or greet most of the sims that walk by their house. Right now, I think they have more friends than any of my other sims. I also use them to test my comm lots. But I will never be able to say that I love playing them.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 8:07 AM
I play with aging off, and none of my sims ever grow old. The elders are the only life stage I don't play at all, since I find the Sim elders really horrible: the way they walk, cough (what's with that??), the hunched backs... seriously, you gotta be at least like 90 to look and act like the Sim elders, not 50 and up or whatever they're supposed to be (although 50-60 is not "elder" yet, IMO). NONE of the elders I know IRL are slow, baggy, coughing freaks. And what's with the butt ugly clothes?! My grandma is like the most chic lady I know. <3 Grr.
Page 1 of 2