Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:35 PM
Default Streakers: How to interact with them?
I've been trying for ages to have any kind of interaction with a streaker with no success. They have a pie-menu with interactions' options when you click on them, but once they end their "dance", they run away cancelling any interaction I wanted my Sim to have with them.
Yesterday I saw a Cow Mascot either spitting on a streaker or belching at him, and Streaker responded to it going all "Ewww" and making disgusted face, and only then running away, so it means you can somehow have their attention. But how???
Advertisement
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 7:58 PM
Persevere! Keep trying to talk to them, ask them to join whatever you're doing (chess, studying, hot-tub, smustle etc). I've found if you're standing right next to them you're more likely to catch their attention to talk, and I've often had them join in whatever I'm doing if I invite them (group activities seem to have more luck - very few sims can resist the poker table).

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 8:45 PM
Bellasaurus - indeed, I finally managed to corner one of them, literally, she had no one to go, and made my Sim to talk to her. First time in all these years!!! However, my Sim became glitchy during the talk with a Streaker (I don't know if it had to do with a fact that it was time for my Sim to go to Class but I cancelled it so that the talk with a Streaker won't interrupt) :/ If I click on her, there was only one option available - Meditate, and right after I click on my Sim, she got reset, stopping doing whatever autonomous action she chose to do at that moment.
I saved, exited, reentered the lot - same glitch. I ended my sending my Sim back to Strangetown and had her eat a pie from a Cow Plant. She became a first Sim ever in my game who died from being eaten by Cow Plant.
By the way, she was a granddaughter of Loki Beaker and some alien from outer space and a daughter of Nervous Subject. Having such relatives, she was destined to have a weird life and unusual death. RIP Circuit Beaker....

I'm not willing to touch those Streakers again. Let them run around naked and wave their arms like crazy, otherwise the Cow Plant will get fat if I send all glitched Sims to it :/
It's a shame really, as I was going to have one of those Streakers to become playable by getting married to some of currently playable Sims just to see what they would be in life outside Uni, what where their personalities etc. I mean those Streakers might be quite interesting characters, if to judge by their favourite hobby of running around naked.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:08 PM
Slightly off-topic...once I had a female Sim taking a shower at the gym, a male streaker burst in, then was shocked to find that SHE was naked!

On-topic...I find that if you hit pause, then try your interaction, you have a better chance--it makes them hold still for a bit.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:20 AM
On the subject of streaking is there any kind of consequence to streaking in uni I have had playable sims streak and not noticed any detriment or perk so whats the point? Incidentally I never felt the need to streak whilst at uni nor did anyone I know is it a common occurance and I just missed out on all the fun.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:34 AM
I've never seen any perk/detriment when I've had playables streak in uni. Maybe it's mainly for picture-taking/movie making?

In RL, I never felt the need to streak in uni, but I know at least one person who did. Goodness knows why. So not that common, but not unheard of either, at least at the uni I attended! No random strangers ever ran into my house naked, mind. Which is a good thing.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 1:24 AM
Every streaker my Sims have successfully interacted with had their exit blocked by a character outside of my control (even if it was just a slew of playables all returning to the dorm after class). Grabbing them during that pause is crucial. Alternatively, if you have a radio playing, they seem attracted enough to dance to it, which also creates an interactable moment.

Unfortunately, if you move them into a lot in the main neighborhood, streakers don't bring the benefits of a dormie or secret society member. It's as if the game doesn't recognize them as having been Uni students at all. Creepy townies streaking the gownies?
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears

On-topic...I find that if you hit pause, then try your interaction, you have a better chance--it makes them hold still for a bit.

That's how I was trying to talk to Streakers and suceeded only once. I guess they all are overly active in my game.

Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo

Unfortunately, if you move them into a lot in the main neighborhood, streakers don't bring the benefits of a dormie or secret society member. It's as if the game doesn't recognize them as having been Uni students at all. Creepy townies streaking the gownies?

So they are just ordinary Sims if you move them in? Don't even have a tendency to streak all of a sudden, like ex-mascots/cheerleaders do with their spontaneous cheering? Bleh, no fun at all, they should have made Streakers more interesting.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:49 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 5th Nov 2010 at 1:45 PM.
No, I just meant that they don't bring extra want slots and the eligibility for Uni careers. They definitely preserve some streaker tendencies. The streaker who married one of my playables would never spin into clothes after a shower, although she would come to her senses a little later and spontaneously dress.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
No, I just meant that they don't bring extra want slots and the eligibility for Uni careers. They definitely preserve some streaker tendencies. The streaker who married one of my playables would never spin into clothes after a shower, although she would to come to her senses a little later and spontaneously dress.

Ok, now it sounds like more fun Thank you for clarifying.