Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 6:53 PM
Default Where do you get your custom paintings?
I thought it would be an interesting question to ask for all you bored simmers.

I usually get mine within Google Images if I'm looking for something specific, and sometimes my friends (who are VERY good artists, well me, on the other hand, are talentless, except in simming) draw pics and put 'em up on Facebook, but mostly I use DeviantArt. They have such beautiful pictures on there. My friends have an account too and so do I (but since I suck, I don't bother uploading to it), and even if you just browse you can find something cool to your liking.

Anyway, what about you?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 6:54 PM
Google Images!! That where i get mine.
If i want something in paticular, i just put the name there and hit Enter!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:24 PM
yeah i use all the search engines to find pretty pic. or i have added some real pics of my self and people i know, some pets too for the sims to paint lol.
Inventor
#4 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:28 PM
Google is my friend for custom paintings
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 10:05 PM
google images search = <3

flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madelinep/

[{call me maddie}]
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:11 PM
Really? I don't put realistic pictures in sims games - I try to keep real life stuff out - so I take pictures of landscapes in game, rooms, Grimmy, etc, and use them as custom pictures.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kailacat
Really? I don't put realistic pictures in sims games - I try to keep real life stuff out - so I take pictures of landscapes in game, rooms, Grimmy, etc, and use them as custom pictures.

Most of my pictures aren't realistic-- many are "cartoonish" and the like. Here's one I recently downloaded from DeviantArt. I must say it is a beautiful painting. It's called Jellyfish Forest made by Kikariz and it's my personal favorite painting, ever. Kikariz is one of my favorite users on DeviantArt. Go look him/her up, he/she does pretty cool work.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kailacat

I am the same exact way. I even keep real-life brand names for clothes out of my game. Something just doesn't sit right with me when I see a sim wearing Sean John pants or an AE shirt.

I don't usually put custom paintings in my game but when I do I just use Google Images. I like to find slightly cartoonish pictures. I don't like real photographs or anything like that.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:39 AM
I'm sort of the same way. I like downloading band t-shirts and stuff for my sims. I don't really mind it. But most of the time I try to get the stuff in Simlish. Probably because The Sims is a whole different world, a whole new language, etc etc.
#10 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:07 PM
Not very many of my pics are realistic like fellow Snoopy down there. : )
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:09 PM
I go on a Vocaloid forum and put all the Touhou related one I like into my paintings folder. :D