Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 2:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Big Problem With New EP! HELP!
I purchased an installed the Sims @ Glamour Life Stuff EP yesterday. When I start the game I see all the house exterior paint colors and grass ( Custom made and Maxis). But when I enter the lot (Custom made and Maxis)the exterior and interior paint and grass shows up red and blue. I have disabled the custom content and the problem still exist. Can someone help me? I have read the FAQ but I have not seen anything reflecting my problem remotely. I am willing to return the game and ask for e refund but I just wanted to know if the problem can be fixed or should I give it up?

"The grass is not greener on the other side you just need to water your lawn".
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 4:08 PM
Have up updated your graphics card drivers lately? Also, what graphics card are you running. Older ATI and Nvidia cards are no longer supported, nor integrated chipsets.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 4:38 PM
Did you check whether your graphics card is supported before you installed?
You might try with new drivers, but it might be that your computer just can't handle a game this heavy.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:04 PM
same thing happened to me enable custom content then next time you start your game will be fine
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:07 PM
The "stuff packs" have different requirements than the regular EPs for some reason - many graphics cards are unsupported. If your card is unsupported, you can try updating your graphics drivers, but if that doesn't work, you'll have to uninstall the stuff pack (hopefully you backed up your neighborhoods before you installed or you'll lose your sims and families doing so) or buy and install a supported graphics card.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 7:35 PM
Thanks! I want to know if I will ever play the Glamour Life. I did install a newer version of Nvidia and that did not help, but if anyone else is have some trouble with Glamour and have found a solution please let us know!

Stupid people are stupid
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 7:41 PM
As canoodle asked before, what is your graphicscard?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 11:15 PM
I guess the information I see displayed is VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP, but in my Programs I see that I have NVIdia so I truely feel clueless.

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#9 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:57 PM
You have an integrated chipset. It is no longer supported by the stuff packs. Sorry. You could use a new card anyway. Uninstall is the only option, unless you buy a new card.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 4:17 PM
Canoodle is right; the S3 chips aren't even supported for the base game now:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
It is important that before you purchase software you know that it is compatible with your hardware:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=186340
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 9:31 PM
i've got a similar (or the same?) problem with glamour life. when i enter a lot i can't see any terrain paint that was used. even in the catalog the terrain paints are "invisible". i can see that there are several terrain paints - downloaded and maxis made, but all the squares are blank.
i've got a nvidia geforce 6600 gt graphics card with 250mb and i don't think and can't believe that that card is too old and/or no longer supported.
so, if anybody has an idea, or better, a solution for this problem... i'll listen to you.

Happy Simming!
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 1:01 AM
Tamuh, try deleting the game generated files. Please see this FAQ for which files and their locations.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 4:39 PM
thank you, julianarosalia.
in the meantime i already did so because i remembered something i have read some months ago.

i also uninstalled glamour life and installed all patches i could find for the other eps. (i have to tell you that i had to install a new os because of new hardware, so i hadn't installed the patches yet.) after updating them i installed glamour life again. now i can see all used terrain paints, not only in the catalog. and when i use some by myself i can see them, too. they are no longer invisible.

but - and i'm truely unhappy that there is a 'but' at all - now the game crashes when i'm leaving a lot to get back to the neigborhood. everything else works fine. i can enter lots, as well uninhabitated as inhabited. i can play and build for hours..., but i can't get back to the neigborhood.

i'm sorry for misusing this thread, but i thought i could tell you about the progressings of the mentioned problems and the cosequences of installing glamour life again.

i'll uninstall glamour life again to play with ffs. and i think i will give glamour life to my cousin, who doesn't use any download or hack at all.
if you have nevertheless an advice i'll still listen to you.

Happy Simming!
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 8:03 PM
Tamuh, What are the rest of your system specs? Are you saving while in the lot then exiting back to the neighborhood or saving/exiting at the same time? Do you have tasks like anti-virus programs running in the background?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 9:21 PM Last edited by Tamuh : 17th Sep 2006 at 9:35 PM.
my sys:
athlon64 3200+ (running on orig. 2ghz)
1024 mb ram
nvidia geforce 6600gt 256mb

i save while being on the lot and tried exiting after that with and without saving. the game crashes when i get back from cas, too. i've got no opportunity to play different families after another, or the family i just created in cas without restarting the game.

because i've read somewhere that anti-virus software conflicts with the game i put my pc off the internet and shut down every security software like anti-virus, firewall and some other programs which are usually running in the background.

edit: i've read in some other (german) forums that other user experienced that trouble after installing gls, too. a few don't have any problems, others are having the same crashing after trying to get back to the neigborhood.

edit2: i forgot to mention that i'm using win xp prof.

Happy Simming!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 7:34 PM
Try some different graphics drivers- I seem to remember that there is a known bug with certain drivers and some of the NVidia 6xxx cards with GLS:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=146389
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 10:48 AM
problem solved. thank you all for your help and your advices!

Happy Simming!
retired moderator
#18 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 5:08 PM
You're welcome Tamuh. Happy simming

Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: Solved